174a. Treats!

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I liked this episode, but I don't think it's perfect. Gary's mau-ing got annoying because it was so constant; I'm guessing it was supposed to sound like a distress signal (because he had no Snail Bites), but hearing all those mau's in quick succession was grating. I appreciated the commercial for its cheesiness, and the parody of other pet commercials, but the repetition of "Snail Bites" also got annoying. Since that was in the beginning, I had wondered then if this was going to be an episode with lots of filler. Fortunately, I was wrong!

Gary was so adorable and badass in this one. He can ride a motorcycle through fiery hoops of death and sculpt a merguy all without having hands or humanoid feet! Admittedly, he did come across as sort of a jerk when he refused to leave SpongeBob alone unless he had some of those dang Snail Bites! His poor owner couldn't sleep and had to wait in a pile of garbage in front of the pet store. But if you view it in a larger context, it's actually quite sweet. SpongeBob actually went out and said it, "Only the best for my little Gary." That is the line of the episode. He's willing to go around the world in an awesome search montage just so his pet can be happy, because he loves Gary that much. He might be a little slow and sometimes quite neglectful of him, but he would go through great lengths to make sure Gary got what he wanted. Their relationship, which had taken such a sower Grooming Gary and The Worst Episode in the Series, finally regained the vibe it had back in Season 4, when SpongeBob plastered a city in paper trying to get Gary back. So it makes sense to me that this version of SB would not want to say No to Gary because he has such unconditional love for him.

The best part was probably the ending. I probably would have had the same reaction as SpongeBob had Patrick made that face to me; he really did look cute! I have a few issues with Gary simply going to sleep when SB finally said No to him when he had no qualms about bothering him over the Snail Bites before; it seemed like a convenient way to end the episode on a happy note. But I guess that Gary realized SB did everything he could to get the treats, so it only seemed fair to leave him alone. Also, that Patrick has the last known box of Snail Bites annoyed me a little (why would he? That would require waiting on line fairly quickly.), but his reaction to eating the last of them was funny. A good call back to a throwaway line from earlier.

In short: It's a good episode with a few flaws that showed SpongeBob's great love for Gary, as well as a non-annoying, humourous performance from Patrick. 8.7/10, and good work, Michaeli/Springer!

LeaderHayoto

Planktonamor
I have heard good things about this episode so let's see. Snail Bites Snail Bites Snail Bites Snail Bites. I could go on yet I am not laughing yet.
Woah trippy... where did Squidward go? it wasn't quitting time I don't think. What is in the snail bites? Where is the humor? so far this episode is devoid of humor. Gary riding a motorcycle is pretty funny. Okay Gary calm down WE GET IT! "We need snail bites"-Spongebob almost got a laugh out of me. Wow Gary, rude. THEY ARE JUST SNAIL BITES! Still no humor. Wow Gary you are pushing SPongebob to his limits. Again Spongebob with a stache isn't very funny. Come on Aaron Springer you were one of the head writers of BAND GEEKS and you can't make a simple joke in an episode... That was an awful episode I give it a 2/10.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I couldn't stand this episode. The humor was barely there and Gary's constant meowing was annoying. The only funny part was Patrick meowing at the end of the episode. 2/10

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Change of opinion. I watched this episode again not too long ago and I don't hate it anymore. It did have some funny parts like Gary doing outrageous things for Snail Bites and Patrick meowing at the end of the episode, but I still found Gary's meowing annoying. My new rating is 6/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Very good episode making season 8 even better. Treats! was cool to watch even though Gary got annoying sometimes. I also loved the stunts Gary did for the treats and seeing SB go crazy like that is odd, but I like it! :P

Kerdem

Banished
I Hate This Episode So Freaking Much My 3th Least Favourite Season 8 Episode Next To Demolition Doofus And Face Freeze;

0/10

Also It Was The Another Reason Why I Don't Hate A Pal For Gary... (My Ears Shut The Hell Up You ::dolphin noise:: Snail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
A good episode, not terrible. I loved when SB and Gary traveled around the world. Good plot and it makes a good episode!

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I counted, and i don't think it's really this much, but there are 137 meows in this episode.
As for the episode itself, it's quite funny and cute. 9/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Treats!

This episode was good. The plot was good. Gary's meowing was annoying at times, but it didn't bother me that much. The ending was really sweet. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is pretty good. Interesting, cute story and I laughed a decent amount. It feels more like something that would air in season 4. (I mean that in a good way)

8.5/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I really like Spongebob's character here and the episode does keep me entertained, but unfortunately, Gary meowing nonstop is pretty annoying. I consider it to be "meh" because it is annoying, but since I enjoyed everything else, it is far from bad and I consider it relatively close to good.

7/10

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Honestly this episode has a commentary on Spoiled Kids which it includes a moral.

Gary is like the typical little kid who wants this and that, and the meowing annoys SpongeBob, just like when kids want something and they annoy there parents, although SpongeBob goes arround the world looking for an box of Snail Bites, even Patrick was helpful in this episode, which i don´t mind what Patrick does in the show, which this gives him a plus in Season 8 and also SpongeBob tells Gary no, which it´s a commun struggle amoung parents and other people, yes The Abrassive Side has a simliar message but it´s very obvious and it´s more General. The episode i find it amusing and has a moral in it so, 8/10 because it´s good on my book.

Back