173b. Demolition Doofus

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
I don't hate this episode. In fact, I love this episode. Mrs. Puff was a jerk but the episode still managed to make me laugh and enjoy. The actual competition or whatever was very funny to see because SpongeBob was just so lost and was very oblivious as to what was happening :P This episode also makes me wonder how future episodes would've been if Mrs. Puff stayed deflated.

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
9/10
Another Mr. Puff plan of getting rid of SpongeBob.

Homie

get outer my space!
I re-watched this episode, and I really like the dark humor and thought most of it was funny. 9/10

More

VIP
Worst. Episode. Ever. Of Season 8.

>0/10

1250th post.

Perry The Platypus

....What?
I thought it was...below average. Take away the one awful elements (Mrs Puff wanting to kill SB) and it's nothing noteworthy. Sadly, the bad bit keeps rearing it's ugly head. 5/10.

Okay, I really wanted to talk about this episode in a long time. I can understand why everyone hates this episode so much because Mrs. Puff is bloodthirsty, SpongeBob was oblivious and he made Mrs. Puff a cripple fish that will never puff again (right?) but actually I like the premise of this episode. Sure Mrs. Puff trying to kill SpongeBob is wrong and Mrs. Puff can be nice to SpongeBob sometimes but It's actually understandable why Mrs. Puff want SpongeBob to die. After all these years, SpongeBob's car accidents made Mrs. Puff go to either jail or hospital and this time when SpongeBob made Mrs. Puff finally cripple, Mrs. Puff had enough with SpongeBob and she wants him to die. The concept is actually clever, If you ask me because the writers took a risk for making Mrs. Puff a bloodthristy person and It actually worked. One Coarse Meal is another dark story but I hate this episode with a burning passion because Mr. Krabs laughing at Plankton commiting suicide and Mr. Krabs is supposed to be a good guy and you guys know that even though Mr. Krabs and Plankton are enemies, Mr. Krabs and Plankton like being enemies of each other (Best Frenemies prooved it) and Mr. Krabs laughing at Plankton commiting suicide is a really out of character for him. Anyway, back to this episode. Poeple also seems to hate this episode because It's too dark for kids show. Umm, hello? A lot of kids shows did lots of concepts before. Remember the Invader Zim episode when Zim makes Dib getting hurt in the past, so he can die (Bad, Bad Rubber Pig) but people don't seem to complain about it. Then the episode of Ren and Stimpy when Ren tries to kill Stimpy just because Stimpy has too many fans and Ren has no fans (Stimpy's Fan Club) but people doesn't seems to complain about it. Same with most of Courage the Cowardly Dog episodes. My point is that I found people hating this episode just because It's not for a kids show stupid. Okay, maybe Mrs. Puff being bloodthristy is a bit too far but that's still not an excuse for disliking it. Okay, I have to admit that this episode has a few problems, despite Mrs. Puff being bloodthristy, I hated SpongeBob's characterization in this episode because at the begining, he knows that Mrs. Puff is going to pop after one last accident but SpongeBob still did the accident and Mrs. Puff became cripple. In fact, he kinda made fun of Mrs. Puff being cripple, "from now on I guess we'll have to call you 'Mrs. Pop'. Dahaha.". No wonder why Mrs. Puff want him to die. To be honest, SpongeBob characterization in this episode made me anger more than Mrs. Puff wanting him to die. There's also the ending, which the main problem of this episode. When Mrs. Puff became cripple, the doctor said she will never puff again. Then why Mrs. Puff puffed at the ending. That makes no sense. And besides I didn't like how Mrs. Puff didn't get arrested for killing SpongeBob. That's ironic. In some of Boating School episodes, Mrs. Puff gets arrested because of SpongeBob's actions but when Mrs. Puff did something wrong, she didn't get arrested. I think I'm done with my problems with this episode. Now lets get to the posities of this episode. Like I said before, I really like the concept of this episode because not only the writers took a risk, this is also a dark concept and I love those dark concepts. The demolotion derby scenes were both funny and enjoyable at the same time. Also I did laugh at a few times like when the doctor puts a shot in Mrs. Puff and SpongeBob, so they can pass out (good idea, doctor). Besides a few flaws, I really like this episode because I love the concept and I liked demolotion derby scenes. I do agree that kids shouldn't watch this episode because It's too dark and disturbing bt I still like the episode. So I'm going to give this episode 7.5/10 (B) It's okay, If you hate this episode though, I can understand.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode has obvious problems. Yeah, it was Spongebob's fault that she deflated Mrs. Puff and when Spongebob wasn't freaking listening each time Mrs. Puff said to not do anything, but the fact that Mrs. Puff wants Spongebob dead is just a bit too far and pretty much ruins her character. 1/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This and the episode ''Yours Mine and Mine'' are completely the same to me.. ''They can both be called ; How to Ruin a Character in 11 mins.''
Guys seriously is that good for the little kids that doesn't understand at all because they're so young? is that the episode we wanted to see? for me it's not!! I will give it a 1/10 because I liked a joke at the beggining only for that..I hate it ...worst of season 8 for sure!

TignoBaiser

Part Computer or Something
Guilty pleasure. It's very amusing to see Mrs. Puff finally snaps after so many episodes like "Summer Job" or "Oral Report"
7/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Demolition Doofus

This episode was horrible. The plot was really bland. Mrs. Puff wanting to kill Spongsbob was really out of character and disturbing. Spongebob was annoying here. There were only one or two funny jokes. 2/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
0-10 I hate the plot Mr.Puff wants to kill SpongeBob and I hate it

Mighty the armidillo

Moby Dollar
You know I just rewatched this episode its no that bad:D
Code:
Its 10 millon times worst its the worst episode of spongebobs whole career IMO yeah i cannot stand this peice of utter crap  1 dude mrs puff whats wrong with you the one time you deserve to go to jail you dont WTF 2 its so mean spirited 3 it so so  boring 4 spongebob of course just wins the derby 5 it airs with a mediocore episode that i would watch over hall            monitor forever and the icing on the cake its terrible

Back