173b. Demolition Doofus

hfjs

This was a terrible episode. The plot and stupid and even disturbing - Mrs. Puff wanting to actually KILL Spongebob? No, just no.

fraroc

Baby Clam
The episode was very, very, very harsh with Mrs. Puff being murderous, but it did have some funny moments. Spongebob causing the other tough guys to crash their cars, Karma biting Mrs. Puff in the aft end for trying to kill Spongebob. I said it before and I'll say it again, the episodes in these past two seasons are MUCH funnier than 6 and 7's episodes. At least with this episode, there isn't any disgusting body shock humor to make the viewer want to vomit.

However, I'm only giving the episode 5.2/10 because of the premise of Mrs. Puff wanting to kill Spongebob.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
As much as other people hate this episode I love It due to we get a feel on how badly mrs puff has been effected by spongebob and I think it did dark humor really well like courage the cowardly dog. Was mrs puff going too far? I'd say a little because spongebob has landed her in huge pain quite a lot. And while the woke demolition derby in a hospital was a little bit out of place I still liked it.

My rating is a 9.0/10

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
This episode is sick! I mean, I know Mrs. Puff is annoyed with Spongebob, but wanting him DEAD?! That's just wrong! How it got past the censors is beyond me, considering that she is not even being sneaky about it ("WHY ARE YOU STILL ALIVE?!?!" - PsychoPuff).

0/10

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
I did not like this episode. Mrs. Puff was just so mean. I know SpongeBob got her arrested and injured, but he never meant it. Plus killing a person is worse than getting them arrested and/or injured.

I did like the idea of Mrs. Puff being deflated, however. It kind of reminded me of how SpongeBob became "normal". I also liked the derby scenes, but Mrs. Puff's nasty behavior ruined the episode for me.:(

Rating: 4/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I don't really like this episode. Mrs. Puff may be annoying/unlikeable but so was SpongeBob for being ignorant about what happened.
This is one of the worst episodes in the series. 2/10.

Last edited:

Cha

I love SBM
Did I ever mention how much I hate Demolition Doofus? Because I really do. In fact it's my least favorite episode AND episode moment now. Even more than Nasty Patty. Oh don't get me wrong, the episode besides the two critical character flaws I'll be discussing was pretty decent. I actually liked the demolition derby. But for this I'll be discussing what makes me plainly ticked off about this "episode", if you can call it that.

SpongeBob
SpongeBob was a complete overly oblivious numbskull both in the hospital and on the demolition derby. But for times' sake we'll just talk about his hospital oblivious added to. He didn't seem the least bit upset he ruined Mrs. Puff's appearance forever. The least he could do was look sorrowful or I don't know, help pay for her surgery of a new inflatable sack. Just look at this painful line from SpongeBob after Mrs. Puff finds out she can never inflate again.

"I guess we'll have to start calling you Mrs. Pop. Dahaha!"

TALK ABOUT AN INSENSITIVE JERK.

I realize this is SpongeBob and I know how he acts. This is way too soon to be pulling out the jokes, even if you're trying to ease the mood.....That's it isn't it? SpongeBob is trying to act all cheery and whatnot to be positive around her? His ultimate optimistic spirit? Well can he stop it? Positive spirits are amazing and great in times like these, but he is acting like what happened to her wasn't the slightest of big deals. That's not how you comfort somebody in the hospital. And I should know, I've dealt with two recent family members who've had serious conditions there. You need to be positive AND show deep concern.

You know? This whole episode just like in One Coarse Meal, could have been done if done correctly. Gasp, how? One Coarse Meal in its' case dealt with the topic of suicide. Well SpongeBob in DD was dealing with the topic of a serious medical problems of a close friend. If we got to see SpongeBob go home and deeply feel upset and heck, pulled out a few honest tears I could have felt for BOTH of them. Maybe SpongeBob didn't realize the seriousness of what was happening? Maybe his carefree mind wouldn't allow him?

I'm a lot like SpongeBob where when something bad happens to someone, I feel overwhelmed and I just don't try to think about it. But I really don't think SpongeBob should have been as cheery as he was in the first scene. Remember in Born Again Krabs where Mr. Krabs was rushing off into an emergency room? You could see the sad expression SpongeBob before they wheeled him out. At the time SpongeBob didn't know Mr. Krabs was going to die of food poison. But did he look upset none of the less? Yes he did.

So am I just being bias because I think a person should be both happy (not overally happy where you make the patient uncomfortable) and take action when somebody's in Mrs. Puff's condition at the time? I guess that is for everyone to decide.

Now onto the Mrs. Puff side of the "episode".

Wanna hear something even worse than SpongeBob's case in the episode? SpongeBob was just being his normal oblivious self... But this.. what Puff did was not oblivious behavior the slightest. And is my all time least favorite SB scene including ones like Plankton's bloodlust in the movie and etc.(Which I can kinda ignore Plankton's case since he is a villain and we expect this out of him.)

Oh no it's not in Mr. Krabs' case where he was just hiding a dead body in fear (to his credit, he didn't even mean to supposedly 'kill' him). I sort of understand that comparing to Mrs. Puff because in his case people do get fearful. Am I condemning what Krabs did? Not at all. That's right, there's a new best of the worst and it defeats Nasty Patty! I'm just saying Puff's case was the worst. How? No, she didn't accidentally thought she killed somebody. No this person was still alive. She wanted SpongeBob literally dead and she made her point MANY times that she was literal and super serious. She even had a twisted vision of his tombstone for goodness sake. I don't care how much you say Squidward hates SpongeBob, Squidward has never tried to kill SpongeBob.... well... Dying for Pie doesn't count because like Krabs in Nasty Patty, he didn't mean to hurt somebody. Except for that Squidward took his whole day to spend time with SpongeBob and Krabs just buried- getting off subject so I'll stop. :p

Mrs. Puff even tried to do the job herself towards the end. Talk about a sick out of character appearance. Is anyone reminded of Dennis from the movie here? Although I realize what pure bullshrimp SpongeBob has put her in from time to time like constant jail visits and hospital visits and probably bills galore. I myself would have strangled his little porous head until he squealed in that one scene. But out of my anger, I would NEVER kill him EVEN IF he ruined my appearance forever. I have never been at a low point like Mrs. Puff has, but it doesn't matter what happened. Taking a life is still taking a life. From all the pain and suffering she's been in I do feel the need she should transfer her student SpongeBob to another school perhaps. There is no doubt in that. But she didn't have to do what she did in Demolition Doofus. Maybe it was just her emotions talking and she just snapped? Maybe we can't blame for at all because her psychological being had been tortured to the extreme since the beginning of the series? No matter if she snapped or not, killing is not the answer. This goes against nature.

So both SB/Mrs. Puff are terrible beings in this one. The episode besides that? I actually liked. But these characters make the episode just plain chaotic for me. I even deemed this my least favorite episode and I'm sticking to my guns.

Characters: 1/10

Episode itself? 7.5/10

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
"Demolition Doofus" is my least favorite episode too. I did not like how SpongeBob injured Mrs. Puff and called her "Mrs. Pop" but at the same time I also hated how Mrs. Puff wanted to murder SpongeBob. Sure, SpongeBob was insensitive at the beginning but I don't think he deserves to be murdered. SpongeBob probably did not know any better due to his naïvety. He did however bring Mrs. Puff flowers and tried to make her feel better, so he gets credit from me for that.

SpongeBob did not mean any harm to Mrs. Puff, but Mrs. Puff sure meant to kill SpongeBob. Not only that, but Mrs. Puff also injured some people while trying to kill SpongeBob.

The episode would have been much better for me if it wasn't for the "Mrs. Pop joke" and Mrs. Puff wanting to kill SpongeBob.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Wow. Very disturbing episode. It kinda freaked me out seeing Mrs. Puff actually have a thought bubble about SpongeBob's tombstone. This is even creepier and sadistic than "One Coarse Meal" ever was and far worse than "Summer Job" when it comes to Mrs. Puff's likability. At least in OCM, there was a chance that Mr. Krabs didn't know the full story of what Plankton was trying to do. On that level, 1/10. Other stuff was alright I guess. This episode had me very conflicted.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
Yes, I can see why Mrs. Puff would be tired of SpongeBob, but what she says is real harsh. I hate this episode....A LOT! It was bad, and not only the Mrs. Puff parts but the jokes didn't make me laugh that much either.....

ScumBob

sicko m0de
This concept would've worked if it WASN'T a SpongeBob episode but for a more darker series, like Courage the Cowardly Dog.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
SpongeCob said:
This concept would've worked if it WASN'T a SpongeBob episode but for a more darker series, like Courage the Cowardly Dog.
Yeah definitely. Probably even Billy and Mandy could have pulled this off without it coming across as too disturbing. Dark humor in SpongeBob usually doesn't work well unless it's done like in Nasty Patty.

ScumBob

sicko m0de
iyamtheman72 said:
Yeah definitely. Probably even Billy and Mandy could have pulled this off without it coming across as too disturbing. Dark humor in SpongeBob usually doesn't work well unless it's done like in Nasty Patty.
If SpongeBob was originally intended to be a dark show, it could've worked. I can't even call this a SpongeBob episode. It's too unbelievably dark to be a SpongeBob episode.

This is NOT a SpongeBob episode.

CowBob RanchPants said:
SpongeBob was a complete overly oblivious numbskull both in the hospital and on the demolition derby.
Actually, I believe SpongeBob was in the spirit of the derby. I mean, he knew the people were trying to kill him and just went with it. SpongeBob was really extreme in this episode. I literally heard SpongeBob laugh evilly after he floored it, so I assume he knows what's going on.

But call me crazy but...I liked this episode. Don't kill me, I don't LOVE this episode, I just like it. Hey, just because an episode is bad, that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it.

7/10

Cha

I love SBM
I meant the part where he doesn't realize Mrs. Puff is trying to kill him. :)

ScumBob

sicko m0de
CowBob RanchPants said:
I meant the part where he doesn't realize Mrs. Puff is trying to kill him. :)
Sometimes, I like to think that SpongeBob is using his obliviousness as a cover-up and is annoying/torturing people on purpose.
:P

Back