173a. Squiditis

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Kudos to them bringing back that "Krabby patty nothing" joke though kinda altered here. That gag will always be a guilty pleasure of mine and it certainly made me laugh here too. As for the episode itself, I'm feeling somewhere between a 5.5 and a 6 for this. I don't feel strongly towards it one way or the other.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Squuditis

This episode was kinda good. The plot was nice. There were some funny jokes. 7/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
This is another one of those episodes that I'm indifferent to. There's nothing about it I really like (Outside of the "Mr. Krabs, Nothing!" quote), but the episode is pretty inoffensive and I wasn't frustrated or bored during it.

6/10

Eh. Pretty forgettable. Though I am pretty surprised we haven't seen this idea before. But for the most part, this episode's pretty boring. Next!

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. InSPONGEiac (A)
8. Mooncation (A)
9. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
10. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
11. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
12. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
13. Walking the Plankton (B)
14. Karen 2.0 (B)
15. Glove World R.I.P. (B)
16. The Way of the Sponge (B)
17. A Friendly Game (B)
18. Free Samples (B)
19. Sentimental Sponge (C)
20. Bubble Troubles (C)
21. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
22. Accidents Will Happen (C)
23. Fiasco! (C)
24. Squiditis (C)
25. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
26. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
27. Barnacle Face (C)
28. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
29. The Googly Artiste (D)
30. The Other Patty (D)
31. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
32. Patrick's Staycation (D)
33. Oral Report (E)
34. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
35. Face Freeze! (F)
36. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
37. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
38. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
When i first watched this episode when i was doing my infamous series rewatch i thought this one was a mixed bag. But now i actually kinda like this episode. Its very funny and creative. I also like the "Mr Krabs Nothing" joke and the Romantic Comedy was very funny. Plus its fun to watch.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Squiditis (Good)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)
InSPONGEiac (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ah, “Squiditis”. This episode I literally have nothing to say about, or rather I had nothing to say about it prior to rewatching it, and that’s because I hardly remembered the thing. As always, this could either be a bad omen, or it could be meaningless. Let’s find out which it is, shall we?

Obviously, this is a Squidward-focused episode, and I find him to be pretty good here. He’s channeling the energy of everyone who’s ever worked a summer job, I feel like, especially with that beautiful day talk at the beginning. Maybe I’m thinking of summer job because of my own summer job. Not that I don’t work during the other seasons lol, but there’s something special about missing out on the beauty of summer. Anyway, he also does the thing that I’m sure many service workers and beyond have also fantasized about—faking sick. I’ve never faked sick, but I have called off work with no real reason 1 time. I also really like the small little bit we see of Squidward and Mr. Krabs’ relationship in this episode. I get that feeling I used to get all the time that they’ve known each other longer than Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob have known each other. It’s at times like these that I realize all my favorite dynamics (Mr. Krabs and Squidward friendship, Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob quasi-father-son + mentor-mentee relationship) go together nicely lol.

The first half of this episode is really good for me. Like there’s lots of funny moments between all the Mr. Krabs scenes (he’s really great in this episode), SpongeBob’s dramatics over Squidward’s fake sickness (like the gas mask, and later when he’s talking to Mr. Krabs), and Squidward’s commentary. I also liked how Squidward’s plan failed at first, because that scene between him and Mr. Krabs was good, and also a good commentary on. That scene was pretty good, and it’s even a commentary on corporate culture LMAO. Especially during this pandemic we’ve got going on (and yes, it’s still a thing even if everyone pretends it’s over, don’t start with me), it’s quite relevant.

I think where the episode begins to slow down and fall apart on me is after Squidward goes home. Watching SpongeBob become a hypochondriac is not really that fun to watch, to be quite honest. Neither is him trying to figure out the home remedies for sickness. Eventually SpongeBob gets sent home too, which ruins Squidward’s day of relaxation. Universal justice! Unfortunately, this isn’t all that funny either. Well, SpongeBob showing up in Squidward’s house was pretty funny. Poor Mr. Krabs is unable to run the ship, which is why he should hire more employees LMAO. And when SpongeBob and Squidward go back to the Krusty Krab, we see the results of said running the ship alone. But hey, looks like SpongeBob found a cure in romantic comedies, right?

“Squiditis” was another alright episode. The first half was really, really good. But then the second half kind of fell off because it was a lot more boring than the first. And that’s a shame, because this episode could’ve easily been an Amazing-tier episode if it weren’t for that. As it is, I think a very high Good is the best that I can do.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.9/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Boring ahh episode
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. Planet Of The Jellyfish (10/10)
  4. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  5. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  6. Mooncation (10/10)
  7. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  8. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  9. Are You Happy Now? (9.5/10)
  10. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  11. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  12. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  13. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  14. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  15. InSPONGEiac (8/10)
  16. Home Sweet Rubble (8/10)
  17. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  18. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  19. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  20. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  21. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  22. Glove World R.I.P (6/10)
  23. The Other Patty (6/10)
  24. Free Samples (5.5/10)
  25. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  26. Fiasco! (4/10)
  27. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  28. Squiditis (3.5/10)
  29. Karen 2.0 (3.5/10)
  30. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  31. Bubble Buddy Returns (3/10)
  32. Restraining Spongebob (2/10)
  33. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  34. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  35. Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom (1/10)
  36. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  37. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)
  38. Face Freeze! (-9999999/10)

Back