172b. Glove World R.I.P.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
When I saw the writers (Aaron Springer and Dani Michaeli, the same team that wrote Dear Vikings) I was a little scared for the episode, but it was in vain. This is also the team that wrote Drive Thru, and it leaned more toward the second than the first.

I loved this episode. It had some nice Pre Movie charm, a simple premise that led to tons of good jokes, and an ending that wasn't a downer. The whole montage part with Spongebob and Patrick trying to "fix" Glove World was hilarious, and the beginning was funny too. Some great lines here, too:

Spongebob: I think it's time we started accepting reality.

Patrick: Why start now?

I've really liked the carnival/Glove World episodes (Roller Cowards, Tunnel Of Glove, etc) and this may be the best one yet. If not, it's up there with Roller Cowards for sure. A great, great return to form for Aaron and Dani. Felt just like an early Season 4 episode.

9/10. There were a few weird parts (Patrick's butt shot, the elongated "NOOOO!" gag), but it was amazing.

I'm gonna laugh when everyone else says that they hated it.... :P

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I haven't been able to see it yet, but somebody please put me out of my misery ... is Glove World OK in the end? Everything goes back to normal, right? :unsure:

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
I haven't been able to see it yet, but somebody please put me out of my misery ... is Glove World OK in the end? Everything goes back to normal, right? :unsure:
Sorta. Glove World is shut down, but a new place called "Glove Universe" opens in it's absence. If Glove World is ever used again, this plot point will probably be ignored, and they'll just call it Glove World again. Having no continuity does that. ;)

Perry The Platypus

....What?
"I watched it earlier, didn't see the credits, loved it.

saw it on Nick West just now, saw Aaron's name in the credits.

spit my drink out.

A, But seriously OHMYGODHEDIDAGOODEPISODE

Wumbologist

Banished
Haha, I lied. This episode was a awesome episode. The best. Gosh, it was really a funny episode. I love the ending. Patrick is so dumb.

Cha

I love SBM
Oh man where do I start? :w00t: This episode was great. From the reoccuring scenes (Sb's Library and I don't remember seeing that painting since Suds) to the nice jokes, it was great. When thinking about this episode I was saying to myself of course of they made a new Glove World, they would never change the look. This episode proved me wrong. I love Patrick wearing a Glovey Glove costume and the background characters really were awesome. I realized all the rides they rode on were the ones we've saw at the main enterance for years! How awesome is that? There were few things I disliked in this episode. Woo Hoo! I can't wait for an episode with the new (Spoiler) Glove Universe! :D But like Jibbix noted earlier, hopefully they don't just bring Glove World back in a newer episode.

Makes you think if they will even bring Glove Universe back in a later episode...

A

Mavaxis Starburner

I love SBM
One thing that's confusing is at the end of the episode, how did they lock the chains shut if the key was in Glove Lake? :\

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I agree with the other members on this topic, this episode was really great! It had a good plot, great dialogue, and was hilarious from beginning to end (especially the park customers getting hurt on the rides and SB and Patrick's attempts to save Glove World). My only complaints are that Patrick was "exposed" for some of the episode and the ending was kind of bittersweet (but still funny). In short, this is an episode I seriously recommend!

Final score: 9.5/10!

Wumbologist

Banished
I agree with the other members on this topic, this episode was really great! It had a good plot, great dialogue, and was hilarious from beginning to end (especially the park customers getting hurt on the rides and SB and Patrick's attempts to save Glove World). My only complaints are that Patrick was "exposed" for some of the episode and the ending was kind of bittersweet (but still funny). In short, this is an episode I seriously recommend!

Final score: 9.5/10!

Are you kind of sad because they closed Glove World?

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
Are you kind of sad because they closed Glove World?

To be honest, yes, because if my favorite amusement park was closing down, I'd be sad, too. (I'm somewhat big on nostalgia.) However, I wouldn't go as far as chaining myself to the gate to keep it open. That's why I was happy that the owner guy opened Glove Universe (which looked really cool in its one shot), and now SB and Pat have another amusement park to go to...if they are ever able to get out of their chains. That's why I said the ending was bittersweet. Then again, this IS SpongeBob we're talking about here, so I don't expect myself to take it TOO seriously. Hopefully, you'll understand my attempts to make my feeling clearer.
Thanks for asking. :)

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
It's already been posted, but yeah this was a great line:

SpongeBob: Patrick, I think the time has come for us to accept reality.
Patrick: I've gone this far, why start now?

:P

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I haven't seen it yet. I know Glove Universe opened, but I still find it sad that a place we've seen since Season 1 (Rock Bottom) is closing. Last time they did something like this, in "The Pink Purloiner," SB gave Ol' Reliable to Patrick, though, in my eyes, it will always be Spongebob's net (Didn't he use it in Best Day Ever?. So, yeah, when I get a chance to see it, I'll post my opinion.

Web Surfer

Banished
Glove World R.I.P - 8.5/10

Yeah, I obviously didn't like it as much as everyone else. The first half as pretty boring, with only very few jokes and many annoying moments. I felt like it redeemed itself when Spongebob and Patrick were starting to fix Glove World. The ending was cool I guess, but still. Good, but has some flaws hard to overlook. B

I actually wasn't a fan of this episode. The ending to the episode seemed really lazy and unrealistic. Now, I won't go as far as MoBrosStudios and say it was one of the worst episodes of the show, but I don't think it was that good. The glove puns were also kind of stupid, and unlike "Pranks a Lot", it is not pointed out that the puns are stupid. The gags they use in the episode, are also nothing too special. So, yeah. Not a big fan of this one.

5|10 Overall

TheAngryWumbologyNerd

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?
I actually was a fan of this episode. The ending to the episode seemed really funny and realistic. I will go as far as MoBrosStudios and say it was one of the best episodes of the show, since I think it was that good. The glove puns were also hillarious, and unlike "Pranks a Lot", it is not pointed out that the puns are funny. The gags they use in the episode, are also very special. So, yeah. A big fan of this one.

10|10 Overall

Fixed.

Back