172b. Glove World R.I.P.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I don't like this episode it was really boring and the ending is stupid but there are some funny moments like the mirror scene, nude Patrick moments, and I also liked the way SpongeBob rescued Patrick and Glove Universe looks really cool but this episode is one of my least favorite S8 episodes but it's WAY better than Smoothe Jazz in Bikini Bottom

Grade: 4.5/10

Worst Character: None

Worst Line: None

Worst Moment: The Ending

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This episode is just super dull, it's just SpongeBob and Patrick getting sad about Glove World and going on rides while acting depressed but hey this has a lot more substance than House Sittin' for Sandy because it actually tried to implement in jokes, most of them didn't work but the ones that did were pretty humorous like Glove world being turned into real life situations but that's really about it.

4.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I generally enjoyed how they moved forward with the continuity and I hope Glove Universe shows up again later down the road. I also liked how SpongeBob and Patrick were characterized here, it was fun seeing their attempts to help glove world. The rest of this is dull and unremarkable though.

5/10

A rather dull episode, but I did enjoy it. The story is cool, a couple of the jokes are funny, and the execution was pretty good. But I agree that the glove puns are pretty bad.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. InSPONGEiac (A)
8. Mooncation (A)
9. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
10. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
11. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
12. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
13. Walking the Plankton (B)
14. Karen 2.0 (B)
15. Glove World R.I.P. (B)
16. The Way of the Sponge (B)
17. A Friendly Game (B)
18. Free Samples (B)
19. Sentimental Sponge (C)
20. Bubble Troubles (C)
21. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
22. Accidents Will Happen (C)
23. Fiasco! (C)
24. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
25. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
26. Barnacle Face (C)
27. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
28. The Googly Artiste (D)
29. The Other Patty (D)
30. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
31. Patrick's Staycation (D)
32. Oral Report (E)
33. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
34. Face Freeze! (F)
35. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
36. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
37. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Good episode though that ending wasnt all to good. Its super funny and great also i wanna see Glove Universe return in a future episode because that idea was clever.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Planet of the Jellyfish (Amazing)
Restraining SpongeBob (Great)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Karen 2.0 (Good)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
Glove World R.I.P. (Good)
Are You Happy Now? (Okay)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Face Freeze! (Meh)
Free Samples (Mediocre)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Home Sweet Rubble (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)
Fiasco! (Terrible)
InSPONGEiac (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I think it’s funny that this episode brings us back to a location we only see every so often (we’ve only seen it like…4 times before this right? I’m thinking off the top of my head and not looking it up for once), just to make a whole drama about closing it down. Also, this episode reminds me of the game SpongeBob’s Big Adventures (which only existed for like a year…I remember it tho), and SpongeBob’s Next Big Adventures. And yes the correlation for this association is laughably weak, but that’s just what my mind goes to.

This beginning bit with SpongeBob and the rollercoaster riders is pretty funny, and a great, action-filled set-up to the episode. And when SpongeBob and Patrick show up to the closing Glove World, things continue to be pretty funny with the reiteration of the “world gone mad joke”, and the reveal of Patrick being buck naked LMAO. I don’t always find that kind of joke funny, but it was definitely done well here. And considering we’re only like…a minute into this episode by this point, I’d say this is a certifiably excellent beginning.

Unfortunately, the glove puns following this are…not good. And I know the point is that they’re bad, but they’ll never be Several Bad Puns later. The next few minutes of the episode are spent in a pretty boring manner, if we’re being honest. SpongeBob and Patrick ride all of their favorite, very rickety rides, which show why the park is getting closed down lol. That reminds me of how just a couple weeks ago, I went to a theme park, and one of the woodies there totally beat me up, like dang it needed a retracking so bad. Anyway, I do appreciate SpongeBob and Patrick’s dramatics and solemness about this whole thing, but other than that, this whole part isn’t all that entertaining to me. The ferris wheel part was pretty good though.

Eventually, SpongeBob comes up with the idea of fixing Glove World, but not before I’m already thoroughly kinda bored, if I’m being honest. I will say though that Patrick is pretty funny in this episode. And when he’s not funny, he’s simply boring. No unfunny stuff like what has been happening with him as of late (referring to my reviews, not season 13 or anything). We watch SpongeBob and Patrick struggle to “fix” Glove World a bit, with varying results. Some parts of this are good and funny, other parts are again kinda dull and slow. But nothing is actively bad, so that’s good. The bit with Patrick and the glove costume was hilarious, as was SpongeBob trying to help people “safely” land after being launched from a ride. SpongeBob and Patrick completely fail at saving Glove World, as expected.

Also as expected is the fact that Glove World doesn’t actually close forever, because it gets renovated and reopened as Glove Universe. Does this “twist” render the entirety of the episode pointless? In a way, I suppose. I’m more annoyed that they talked to the owner of Glove World multiple times, and he never cared to mention this. If they had never talked to the owner, then this twist would’ve worked better because this glaring issue would not exist (well, other than the fact that somehow SpongeBob and Patrick don’t know about Glove Universe despite being such big fans of Glove World). The ending of this episode was hilarious though, so most is forgiven.

“Glove World R.I.P.” was alright. It had some good and some not-so-good, as I won’t be calling it bad. It’s simply a mixed bag, and that’s because it had all sorts of dull moments. So I suppose that with the excellent beginning it had, this is slightly disappointing, but disappointment is definitely not what I feel while watching this episode. Not at all.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.8/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
okay I guess mediocre at best alright at worst
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. Planet Of The Jellyfish (10/10)
  4. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  5. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  6. Mooncation (10/10)
  7. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  8. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  9. Are You Happy Now? (9.5/10)
  10. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  11. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  12. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  13. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  14. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  15. InSPONGEiac (8/10)
  16. Home Sweet Rubble (8/10)
  17. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  18. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  19. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  20. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  21. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  22. Glove World R.I.P (6/10)
  23. The Other Patty (6/10)
  24. Free Samples (5.5/10)
  25. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  26. Fiasco! (4/10)
  27. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  28. Karen 2.0 (3.5/10)
  29. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  30. Bubble Buddy Returns (3/10)
  31. Restraining Spongebob (2/10)
  32. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  33. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  34. Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom (1/10)
  35. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  36. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)
  37. Face Freeze! (-9999999/10)

Back