172a. Face Freeze!

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
I have only seen the episode once, and that's for one reason...

THOSE FACES ARE ::dolphin noise::in' CREEPY!

Some of these are even more disturbing than when Mrs. Puff turned into Patrick's Big Fat Meanie picture! I barely remember anything about the episode, I may have to watch it again without actually looking a the TV screen, and I'll give you my full opinion.

But sheesh, those were creepy!

(This is coming from a guy who didn't think Moar Krabs, the Splinter, or the face from WhoBob WhatPants weren't disturbing whatsoever)

Flats

Imitation Krab
Face Freeze is a thing of beauty. I understand a lot of people don't like it because there's basically no plot and no real jokes and really it probably would have been better suited to be a Ren and Stimpy episode, but I don't care. The drawings are grotesque, horrifying, and overall hilarious, and I get more than enough fun just sitting down and looking at 'em.

CartoonJazzLover

Balloon Traveler
My updated review on this episode.

This is an episode that is so terrible that it's not even worth seeing again. Unlike most of season 8, this is the only episode from that season I skipped. It is that bad. The faces that they made throughout the episode are some of the most hideous things to come out of SpongeBob. This episode really belongs in season 6 since they're infamous for having those ugly faces. Honestly, a concept about faces doesn't seem like a bad idea, but it fail due to the ugliness. I chuckled a few times, but they're not funny enough to save this dreck. OVERALL SCORE: 2/10

Writing: It is so lazy here. It's just faces after faces. 1/10
Humor: It's there sometimes, but it's just doesn't work that much. The faces are too cringeworthy to be funny. 2/10
Characters: 1/10. Nuff said. No one is likable here.
Art: Do I need to explain? No offense, Robertryan Corey, but your exaggerated ugly faces were a lot better in seasons 4 and 5. Casey and Zeus may had cme up with occasional weird facial expressions, but this is their worst looking episode. 1/10
Animation: Well, to be honest, the animators tried some effort to the otherwise terrifying faces, so I'll give them that. 7/10

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
I'll say this episode was alright. It was pretty fun and silly, but it did get creepy sometimes (Sandy's massage, SpongeBob's face after the massage). Not the best of Season 8, but certainly not the best of the show. I still find this one fine.

7/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Face Freeze!

This episode was between bad and decent for me. The plot was kinda atricious. Most of the faces were disturbing and unfunny, but some of them weren't that bad. The ending was kinda a slap in the face. There were few funny jokes. 5.5/10

Zee

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Ugh... I know most people say that the "The Splinter" is the worst episode, but I think Face Freeze is the worst.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
This the most underrated S8 episode honestly I found it hilarious some faces looked creepy but funny and the ending was honestly hilarious

Grade: 8.5/10

Best Character: All of Them

Best Line: you two need help

Best Moment: (UNPOPULAR OPINION) The ending

EmployeeAMillion

Season 12 Time!
Season: 8
Episode: Face Freeze!
This episode was between bad and decent for me. The plot was kinda atricious. Most of the faces were disturbing and unfunny, but some of them weren't that bad. The ending was kinda a slap in the face. There were few funny jokes. 5.5/10
Pretty much the same here, rating and all.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode is a little boring, it's definitely not the worst episode ever, I like the faces in this episode.

5.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode took 11 minutes of my life and I want them back.

Nothing funny or interesting at all, I don't think there's really anything I like besides the faces which were interesting and not nearly as disturbing as people say, however the story around these faces is one of the worst of the series and there's zero humor to be had.

3/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Very mediocre episode. The plot is among the worst of the entire series and it's pretty much nothing but strange faces. However, what saves it from being bad for me is that I do like a lot of the faces in the episode. I just wish there was more to it than just that.

5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Eh, this episode isn't really bad, but it feels like it is missing something very important. Oh, that's right, the story. There wasn't much of a plot in this episode: it was mostly just faces after faces after faces, which makes the episode boring after a little bit. I mean, most of the faces were pretty funny (including the one that looks like Tooly I am King), but some were just creepy. I suppose that the whole face freeze thing being a myth was a pro for me, but I didn't really like the ending all that much. It wasn't terrible, but it was pretty pointless. I just wish that this episode had more to it than just weird faces. If it actually had a good story, I would have liked it. But for now, FF is just a forgettable and mediocre episode that leaves a lot to be desired. 5/10.

TheHallMonitor52

Imitation Krab
HIGHLIGHT:mr krabs and the irony (because he made a face when he said not to make faces)
LOWLIGHT:This episode is kinda boring

I may find this episode good in some ways but its just not that good so i can consider one of my favorites, Some faces were funny and others were just uncreative and mildly disturbing

6/10-Lower side of good

Coffee_lover

Banished
It’s such a surreal thing to see how many people here rated this episode above 5/10 while I can’t find any good qualities in this trash.

Faces are definitely a highlight but only because this episode have nothing else.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This episode along with Fungus Among Us chooses to amuse us by gross out. It's not only disturbing but really repetitive. The faces are not interesting, and instead leaning more towards disgusting.

Besides that, it's just a rip off of Hooky and Sailor Mouth. Mr. Krabs tells them to not do it, and HUR DUD DUR they get stuck with the face. It's been done several times, and at least Sailor Mouth had the swearing to latch on to, and even Main Drain, as crappy as it is, had the whole drain motif.

Not interesting, really gross, if you don't find the faces funny you won't find anything funny, and the plots not even original. Code of advice: Don't Watch It.

This episode gets gross out humor wrong. Nothing in this episode was funny, the faces were really bad and hard to look at, and it's a pretty big rip-off of Hooky, a much better episode.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Planet of the Jellyfish (A)
5. Ghoul Fools (A)
6. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
7. InSPONGEiac (A)
8. Mooncation (A)
9. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
10. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
11. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
12. Home Sweet Rubble (B)
13. Walking the Plankton (B)
14. Karen 2.0 (B)
15. The Way of the Sponge (B)
16. A Friendly Game (B)
17. Free Samples (B)
18. Sentimental Sponge (C)
19. Bubble Troubles (C)
20. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
21. Accidents Will Happen (C)
22. Fiasco! (C)
23. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
24. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
25. Barnacle Face (C)
26. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
27. The Googly Artiste (D)
28. The Other Patty (D)
29. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
30. Patrick's Staycation (D)
31. Oral Report (E)
32. Restraining SpongeBob (E)
33. Face Freeze! (F)
34. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
35. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)
36. Are You Happy Now? (F-)

Back