172a. Face Freeze!

Supmandude

Squog
I love grotesque faces like this. They're one of the few things I enjoyed from the new Spongebob episodes for a while. Even the one from WhoBob Whatpants makes me laugh really hard!!! :laugh:

TattleTaleStrangler

The List That Time Forgot
Ready for a monumental post from me?

This episode, that's right. THIS episode, USURPS Dear Vikings in almost every aspect of bad. This isn't even a spongebob episode. This is just a public exercise in how many troll faces the animators could create on the faces of SpongeBob characters in 11 minutes.

Well they hit the world record. I give up on this show.

This is the worst Spongebob episode ever. I could have cracked an egg on a clean sheet of toilet paper and broadcast that for 11 minutes, and that would have been a vastly more fulfilling and pleasurable experience. This show is NOT Ren and Stimpy.

What the ::dolphin noise:: and how many ::dolphin noise:: nights of sleep will it take to forget about this???

Pray for me.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Even a whole year later, this is still a great episode to me. In a world where most popular cartoons aren't ambitious in animation and constantly use stock poses and flash, it's good to see a show like SpongeBob step up and have visually ambitious episodes like this.

Meh, this episode is mediocre in my opinion. It's not horrible as people says but It's still not a good episode and I think It could have been much better.

Good things about this episode:
- The idea of SpongeBob and Patrick making faces is creative actually
- I liked Mr. Krabs story in this episode
- Some faces in this episode was funny
- I actually liked Mr. Krabs in this episode. This is one of the rare times that Mr. Krabs is good in post-movie era.
- Sandy was also good in this episode.
Bad things about this episode
- Some faces in this episode were just creepy and disturbing and I think almost all faces could have been less disturbing and more funny.
- Some parts were boring.
- The ending was terrible in my opinion.

I rate this episode 5.5/10 (Second worst of season 8 in my opinion)

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode isn't too bad. Some of the faces are funny and some of them are just weird. 6/10

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I actually liked this one because of the faces. The ACTUAL, WELL-MADE humor wasn't there, but the faces were funny enough. While this isn't one of the best season 8 episodes, it is underrated, and not as bad as people say. 8/10.

ThePineappleLord

Moby Dollar
This episode is COMPLETE rip-off of "hooky" because mr.krabs warns spongebob and patrick non to do something, they do it anyway and the get punished for it.
Exept this time EVERYONE, including mr.krabs and squidward, gets the face freeze. That ending is just a slap to the face.
So yea, this episode was just "hooky" without any charm or houmor, instead they put in disturbing faces to make children have the worst nightmares imaginable.
God I hate this episode!

Final score: 3/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Beats "The Main Drain" by a longshot which was painfully boring. I actually liked this episode. The RR Cory designs are really weird but at the same time very well done and a lot more interesting to look at than perfect RectangleBob drawings. It's easier to think of this as an experiment to see how many off model poses and drawings the board artists can cram in and for the most part it worked which is why I think Krabs and Squidward really got the face freeze too. They were probably having so much fun seeing what kind of faces they could draw and still have them look like the characters in their own bizarre way that they wanted to see what they could do with those two.

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I thought this episode was mediocre. I liked the idea of SpongeBob and Patrick making faces, but I find some faces to be disturbing and I don't like both characters in this episode. The only characters I liked in this episode are Sandy and Mr. Krabs. The ending was one of the worst moments in SpongeBob history. This isn't my least favorite Season 8 episode thought. I would rate 6/10 if the ending wasn't in this episode. I rate this episode 5/10. The ending lowered my score.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
EWWW! I am sorry, this episode had NO jokes and ALL of the episode was just creepy faces. Yes, I admit I did laugh a little at the faces, but most of them are really disturbing to see. This is a terrible episode...

Kaijusaurus

Floating Shopping List
I know this is probably an unpopular opinion but I actually really like this episode. I am okay with dirsturbing visuals in cartoons and this episode had some really funny faces.

8/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
It's still hard to believe that people actually find an episode about SpongeBob and Patrick making strange, silly faces to be one of the most disturbing episodes ever. I still don't get it. The scene in "Bummer Vacation" where SpongeBob says "I've been waiting for you Patrick" is way scarier than any of these faces IMHO, not to mention SpongeBob's face in "Boating Buddies" and "Squid Wood."

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I have no words. Its just so horrible, and the writers seem to like giving kids the worst nightmares ever.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
I have no words. Its just so horrible, and the writers seem to like giving kids the worst nightmares ever.
I think they watched too much Doctor Who.

More

VIP
I banned it from my countdowns. Let's just leave it at that.

Not Applicable/10

Back