- “Funny faces make me laugh!”
- OK … I can see what they were going for. I remember reading/hearing one time that a lot of the episode ideas come from the writers' childhood experiences, so I'm guessing this is one of those episodes. We've all heard “your face will stick that way” before.
- I'm really not a fan of these Ren-and-Stimpy-style designs. In fact, the weirdness of the faces kind of ruined the episode for me … if that makes sense. A lot of the time I was so distracted by the ugly faces that I didn't even notice the dialogue and jokes until I viewed the episode a second time.
- Spongebob's Gary face reminds me of “I Was A Teenage Gary”.
- “Let's combine whatever it is you get out of whatever it is you're doing with the quiet of sleep.”
- “And you're a licensed masseuse, right Sandy?”/ “Well, I wouldn't say licensed.”
- GSLDKJFSHDF waaaaay too ugly now. Urrrgh. Whhyyy? What's with the creepily realistic facial details? At this point I had to pause the episode and take a long, hard look at my life. I questioned why I was still a fan of the show. I wondered if I should just turn off the episode and pretend it never happened. But I don't like to leave things unfinished, so I took a deep breath and pressed the play button.
- Those faces will haunt me forever. When I think about this episode, I feel a combination of shame and fear. It felt like a massive step backwards into Season 6 territory.
Had potention. Didn't reach it.