16a. Valentine's Day

I'm neutral towards this episode. Some people love it, some people hate it. I think it's just OK. It could have been better, but it also could have been worse.

Ranking so far:
1. Employee of the Month (A+)
2. SB-129 (A+)
3. Sleepy Time (A+)
4. Pickles (A+)
5. Pizza Delivery (A+)
6. F.U.N. (A)
7. Plankton! (A)
8. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
9. Sandy's Rocket (A)
10. Karate Choppers (A)
11. Help Wanted (A)
12. Culture Shock (B)
13. Boating School (B)
14. Bubblestand (B)
15. Suds (B)
16. Scaredy Pants (B)
17. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
18. Hall Monitor (B)
19. Jellyfishing (B)
20. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (C)
21. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
22. Jellyfish Jam (C)
23. Tea at the Treedome (C)
24. Opposite Day (C)
25. Ripped Pants (C)
26. Valentine's Day (C)
27. Reef Blower (C)
28. The Chaperone (C)
29. Nature Pants (C)
30. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
31. Squeaky Boots (D)
32. I Was a Teenage Gary (E)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I think it's barely a good episode. I understand why Patrick gets mad, so it doesn't feel like it's unwarranted, and I do think it makes for a pretty entertaining episode.

Rex

Floating Shopping List
This used to be either my favorite episode or at least in my top 10 I did hold it to a high standard. and I do still enjoy it quite a bit but am more aware to it's flaws. This episode is really funny and that is the episodes strongest point IMO. The story is good, I like how they make this episode not about love but about friendship, I can't think of any other show at least right now that focuses on friendship over love in their Valentines episode. This episode would still be in my favorites but it has one flaw and no I don't think angry Patrick is that flaw, That one minute where Patrick won't turn around and it is so obviously filler, that moment really ruined what was IMO a really above average episode, I know some may not care that much but filler is a huge think I hate in animation and here I think its more obnoxious that it is even there than anything else, why couldn't they just cut back to Sandy defeating the scallaps that would be fine and give the episode a better flow. I know it sounds kinda like a rant but I really hate that just 1 minute of nothing really throws off an otherwise really really good episode. I still really like this one but I am far more aware of its flaws and why its not the best thing ever. But god damn it you will never get me to hate this episode I do have a bias for it since Tales From The Deep was one of the first Sponegbob DVD'S I got along with Home Sweet Pineapple, Karate Island and Tide And Seek, HSP and KI were the first btw. So yeah I still really enjoy this one

16a Valentines Day Great 8/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This one was funny, but it was sort of uncomfortable to me seeing Patrick go insane. I don't really like the ending either. Other than that, it was a solid and cute episode with some good jokes, but Patrick isn't a very enjoyable character for the second half of this episode. I think it would be better if Patrick was saddened rather than enraged, which would be both more in character and make the ending more satisfying.

Average episode (6/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. SB-129 (9)
3. Opposite Day (9)
4. Pickles (9)
5. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
6. Sleepy Time (9)
7. Help Wanted (9)
8. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
9. Plankton! (8)
10. Sandy's Rocket (8)
11. Employee of the Month (8)
12. F.U.N. (8)
13. Hall Monitor (8)
14. Scaredy Pants (8)
15. Ripped Pants (8)
16. Suds (7)
17. Tea at the Treedome (7)
18. Karate Choppers (7)
19. Jellyfish Jam (7)
20. Culture Shock (7)
21. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
22. Boating School (7)
23. Bubblestand (7)
24. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
25. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (6)
26. Valentines Day (6)
27. Reef Blower (6)
28. I Was A Teenage Gary (6)
29. Squeaky Boots (6)
30. The Chaperone (5)
31. Nature Pants (5)
32. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
6.5/10

Pretty alright episode. Plotwise, it's okay, it's not too boring. Humorwise, it's pretty unfunny, except for the Patrick Rage. Not the best holiday special, but it's alright for what it does

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
SB-129 (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Karate Choppers: (9.5/10)
Sleepy Time: (9/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
F.U.N: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Culture Shock: (7.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Scardey Pants: (7/10)
The Chaperone: (6.5/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Valentines Day: (6.5/10)
I Was A Teenage Gary: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Employee of the Month: (6.5/10)
Suds: (6/10)
Opposite Day: (6/10)
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost: (5.5/10)
Nature Pants: (4.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
MuscleBob BuffPants: (2/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

Awe

Floating Shopping List
2.5/10

Patrick is really the only fun part here and he is also the reason I don’t like the episode. It’s just not funny to watch and more stressful for me. Definitely one of my least favourite pre movie episodes.

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The episode, for the most part, is pretty heartwarming and humorous, but the BIG problem I have with it is Patrick, who made me feel a little unsettled during his big freakout. It also frustrates me that he never learns his lesson by the end of it, that he shouldn't be upset about only recieving a handshake as his valentine's gift.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Patrick wasnt really that likable here. The execution of this one is pretty decent at least. It contains many great jokes.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
SB-129 (Perfect)
Sleepy Time (Amazing!)
F.U.N. (Amazing!)
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Opposite Day (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
STUFG (Great)
Employee of the Month (Great)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
Valentine's Day (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Suds (Great)
I Was a Teenage Gary (Great)
Scaredy Pants (Great)
Karate Choppers (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Culture Shock (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
The Chaperone (Bad)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)
MuscleBob BuffPants (Bad)
Nature Pants (Terrible)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
This episode is legitimately one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Like I feel like my heart is going to burst. Perfect feeling to have when talking about "Valentine's Day". This isn't an episode that I rewatch often, for obvious reasons, but when I do I always find myself melting during the first scene or two, and the very last scene ("My valentine!").

Now, before I continue to gush about certain things, let me say this is not a perfect episode by any means. While Patrick is funny and entertaining at first, the end of his rampage gets me just as frustrated as the townspeople (just turn around man, good lord). And then Patrick's sulking is also slightly annoying because it goes on for too long, but that's less grating to me than the other point. Patrick's still cute in this episode though, especially before the whole drama of getting his valentine to him.

Okay, back to the good. I love the backgrounds in this episode, especially during the beginning. I love that the show made unique backgrounds just for this episode. "Valentine's Day" isn't super funny, but it is definitely enjoyable throughout. And like I said before, the beginning of Patrick's rampage is good and funny. I also just find the episode to be really sweet throughout, with SpongeBob giving Valentine's to everyone in Bikini Bottom (we love platonic love!)

There really isn't much else to say about this episode. It's enjoyable but not hilarious, and I don't personally have much desire to rewatch it very often, so that does knock it down a few points for me. All of this is why this episode sits solidly in my "Good" tier. It's not a bad episode at all, but it does feel a bit dull at times. I wish more characters appeared in it too, but that's just a personal aside.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.8/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
This episode is legitimately one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Like I feel like my heart is going to burst. Perfect feeling to have when talking about "Valentine's Day". This isn't an episode that I rewatch often, for obvious reasons, but when I do I always find myself melting during the first scene or two, and the very last scene ("My valentine!").

Now, before I continue to gush about certain things, let me say this is not a perfect episode by any means. While Patrick is funny and entertaining at first, the end of his rampage gets me just as frustrated as the townspeople (just turn around man, good lord). And then Patrick's sulking is also slightly annoying because it goes on for too long, but that's less grating to me than the other point. Patrick's still cute in this episode though, especially before the whole drama of getting his valentine to him.

Okay, back to the good. I love the backgrounds in this episode, especially during the beginning. I love that the show made unique backgrounds just for this episode. "Valentine's Day" isn't super funny, but it is definitely enjoyable throughout. And like I said before, the beginning of Patrick's rampage is good and funny. I also just find the episode to be really sweet throughout, with SpongeBob giving Valentine's to everyone in Bikini Bottom (we love platonic love!)

There really isn't much else to say about this episode. It's enjoyable but not hilarious, and I don't personally have much desire to rewatch it very often, so that does knock it down a few points for me. All of this is why this episode sits solidly in my "Good" tier. It's not a bad episode at all, but it does feel a bit dull at times. I wish more characters appeared in it too, but that's just a personal aside.

Episode Score: 7.8/10
yeah but that spandy scene tho

''i'm nuts for you'' - sandy

''and I'm bubbles for you sandy'' - SpongeBob

i cant be the only one seeing this right

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
yeah but that spandy scene tho

''i'm nuts for you'' - sandy

''and I'm bubbles for you sandy'' - SpongeBob

i cant be the only one seeing this right
I mean that all feels platonic for me lol, they're just making puns. SpongeBob literally gives Patrick a giant heart shaped balloon so if we really want to get into ships, we could call that PatBob (which for the record I'm not a fan of that ship or Spandy).

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
I mean that all feels platonic for me lol, they're just making puns. SpongeBob literally gives Patrick a giant heart shaped balloon so if we really want to get into ships, we could call that PatBob (which for the record I'm not a fan of that ship or Spandy).
yeah good point

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive

Episode Score: 7.8/10
since it's valentine's day, i should probably rewatch this episode

jbunnytmoj

Imitation Krab

I always enjoy this episode... even not around valentine's day. It's a nice episode when you get past the raging Patrick part :p

One weird thing about this one is Patrick's voice.. Bill Fagerbakke seemed to be a bit off in this episode
This episode was a good one in my opinion and it also was a little cute to me too.

Back