168a. Restraining SpongeBob

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.

Premiere date: Mon, 2nd April, 5:00pm
Synopsis:A fed-up Squidward resorts to legal action to keep SpongeBob away.

Wumbologist

Banished
Ok, this episode was decent but not the best episode I've seen so far. The thing that I hated was that it was paired up with the episode that was paired with ''Planet of the Jellyfish."

SBManiac!!!!!!

welp bye lol
I thought it was mediocre in my opinion. There were a couple of times that I laughed, but that's about it. The other jokes were either predictable, not funny, or just plain stupid (Fart jokes again? Really?). Another thing I noticed is that the writers are making Squidward bipolar based on his reactions to SpongeBob's annoying-ness; in the last episode, he was in a seething RAGE over it and in this one, he's SCARED by it. WTF? Finally, we get another ending that doesn't make much sense. One thing that I actually liked about this episode though is that the writers tried to direct Squidward's anger towards someone OTHER than SpongeBob.

Either way, a big disappointment seeing as PAUL TIBBITT himself co-wrote the episode (Then again, it IS Paul Tibbitt...). Final score: 4/10.

EDIT: OK, so I saw this episode again, and you know what? It really wasn't that bad. I'll admit that there were more parts that I laughed at this time around (the lawyers literally flying away from the KK, Patrick following Squidward, Patrick's interactions with the button). However, the episode still had problems for me like the fart joke and the random ending. So, my new score for the episode: 8/10.

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
So, I missed the episode. No big deal, I thought. I'll just catch it tomorrow. I'm really big on writers, though, so I went to Wikipedia to check the writers. I almost did a spit-take when I saw who wrote the episode.

PAUL FRIKKIN' TIBBITT, who hasn't written an episode since Seasosn 6's "Clash of Triton". I thought it was a Wiki-induced lie, but I checked here, and sure enough..... I don't even care how mediocre the episode might be, I just want to see another Post-Movie Tibbitt episode so much..... This is a must-see for me. I will be watching the episode (and the two premiere weeks) very closely after this.

Can't wait.

Cha

I love SBM
This episode was okay. I like the gag where SB asks Squidward if he can walk with him. I liked the lawyers, they were cool and I am glad they didn't over show their characters later on in the episode. I thought this episode would be an episode where Squidward would rip up the restraining order because he needed SB's help, but this wasn't the case. I liked the Squidward and Patrick parts, I always love seeing them in action. Patrick was a little too silly, but not as bad as other episodes. SpongeBob seemed to stay quiet when he had to stay away from Squidward, strange. The ending part was random like Are You Happy Now? was. Overall, it wasn't bad.

B

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler
Loved this. Loved it so much. The "Can I walk with you?" scene was hilarious (that's the first joke we've had like that in a while), and while there was the Squidward abuse I was expecting, it was funny, and not uncomfortable. The entire montage with Patrick following Squidward made me literally lol. That was the first time I've laughed out loud at a Spongebob episode in some time. The lawyers were freaking hilarious here, and Spongebob wasn't too annoying or weird. Patrick was a little overtly silly, but it wasn't to the point that it was OOC.

The ending was a little weird, and the fart joke was really stupid. But otherwise, this episode was pretty amazing to me. Another winner for Season 8.
But hey, these are the guys that wrote Mooncation paired up with Paul Tibbitt. That's two Pre-Movie writers and one excellent Post-Movie writer on board. What else were you expecting?

9/10.

hfjs

I hated this episode. Squidward getting fried and getting HIS OWN FLESH AND BLOOD BITTEN and then him crashing into, and destroying the vending machine and KRABS DOESN'T GIVE A CRACKER CRUMB ABOUT IT CAUSE IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MOOLAH HE SPENT ON THE MACHINE was just so hard to watch. Pat stalking Squid like a creepy pyscho was stupid and episode ends him laughing-whaaaaaaaaaa?

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
This episode in a nutshell? Squidward gets tortured (what else is new), he puts a restraining order on Spongebob. Patrick starts working at the Krusty Krab and he starts stalking him, eventually giving him a horrible accident. The two fight and when Spongey breaks it up, Squiddy takes his name off the restraining order and adds Patrick instead. And the episode ends with Patrick just... laughing.

This episode was just as bad as Squidward's School For Grown-ups! :thumbdown: 3/10

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
GordoktheMerry said:
This episode in a nutshell? Squidward gets tortured (what else is new), he puts a restraining order on Spongebob. Patrick starts working at the Krusty Krab and he starts stalking him, eventually giving him a horrible accident. The two fight and when Spongey breaks it up, Squiddy takes his name off the restraining order and adds Patrick instead. And the episode ends with Patrick just... laughing.

This episode was just as bad as Squidward's School For Grown-ups! :thumbdown: 3/10
You know what? Scratch that. This episode was WORSE than SSFG! Squidward burns his hand on the grill, slips, falls in a fry vat, gets thrown into the hands of a customer who literally BITES OFF HIS OWN FLESH, throwing Squidward again, bouncing him and getting him to crash into the soda machine! It's an extremely cringeworthy scene that's just so darn hard to watch. And to add insult to injury, the fact that Patrick-- PATRICK gets a job, only to make things worse for Squidward by stalking him, and eventually getting him tortured in even more horribly painful ways is utterly PAINFUL! And the ending? What the heck was that? Though, to be fair, that's really nothing compared to all that horrible pain Squidward had to go through! This is honestly the second worst episode of Season 8, and even my 9th worst overall.

0.2/10 (the only thing that keeps this episode from getting a zero is the lawyer scene, which is really the only good part in this episode)

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Not a bad episode. Interesting because it's one of the few episodes after the movie that I've seen Paul Tibbitt and Vincent Waller get writing credits on. Kinda wish they would do more directly in that department in the future. Really enjoyed "Mooncation" and "Skill Crane," two other episodes Vince worked on after the movie.

Made me laugh a couple of times. Main thing that I didn't really like about it was that Patrick was dumbed down too much. 7.5/10

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode actually reminds me of the pre-movie days when SpongeBob episodes were a laugh-a-minute instead of focusing on the story with less jokes. This episode was hilarious and the Squid Abuse actually didn't bother me in this episode. Even the ending of this episode had me laughing. Really underrated episode. 10/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
This episode was good. It may have been kinda mean spirited on Squidward's part, but other then that surrounding the episode, it's very fun to watch. The ending was also hilarious for me. Another good season 8 episode for me. Really nothing more, nothing less.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I hate this episode. It's like in Little Yellow Book, where Squidward is being a dick to Spongebob.

Back