167b. Bubble Buddy Returns

tvlover

Moby Dollar
Here, There, Somewhere, Anywhere, Who Cares?

First Aired: Friday, November 25, 2011 at 8:45PM
SpongeBob tries to keep Bubble Buddy’s visiting son, Shiny, out of trouble and away from sharp edges.

8/10. Much better than I expected. SpongeBob would, of course, be stuck would be stuck with this kind of situation. "Pitchfork Pantry... of course."

hasfarr

your mom
...Oww. Ouch.

Did anyone notice that Doug Lawrence, who wrote this episode, also wrote some of the original Bubble Buddy episode?

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
I didn't hate it as much as I expected to. Probably because Bubble Buddy himself wasn't in it much, so they didn't have a lot of opportunity to ruin the original. Usually I have a big problem with post movie episodes acknowledging something from the classics, but I didn't really mind it this time. The episode itself however, was very predictable and somewhat unoriginal.

6/10

thedirtybubble

Floating Shopping List
I gotta say I didn't like this as much as the original Bubble Buddy but really enjoyed it. I wanted to see Bubble Buddy a little more but Shiny reaking havoc was pretty funny and I especially loved SpongeBob trying to save him from the pin, scissor and pitchfork factories and especially the pillow factory. lol! Thought the ending was pretty funny with Shiny sticking his tongue out at Spongebob and Bubble Buddy going off in the airplane (much like the taxi in the first episode.) I give this a 8/10.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Usually I have a big problem with post movie episodes acknowledging something from the classics, but I didn't really mind it this time.
I know what you mean. THEY CLOSED DOWN FREAKING GLOVE WORLD!!!

abney317

Abney=last name
Staff
I like how they made a few references to the original episode... it was a decent episode.. the part where Shiney kept going into the different buildings was funny
I was really hoping to see more of Bubble Buddy though

Web Surfer

Banished
Yeah, this one is pretty underrated. It's not as good as the original Bubble Buddy, but it sure was entertaining, especially for a sequel. 9.5/10

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I wanted to see bubble buddy. and this was terrible compared to the original. another bland episode, sigh. 1/10

PhilipB

Sussudio Enthusiast
Saw this on TV today and was disappointed. Admittedly I missed the first minute or so as I was channel hopping.

It was pretty average, in fact it wasn't actually that funny and was just boring in my opinion. I did like the references to the original episode, such as the title screen, and of course Mr Krabs complaining about him still owing some money.

Average 5/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
This episode was okay, but somewhat disappointing. I liked that they made a sequel to a classic episode, and I really liked that there were some references to the original. But, what I really hated was that Bubble Buddy was only seen in the beginning and end of this episode, hence the name "Bubble Buddy Returns". I expected he would appear more frequently. Also, the episode just got boring on the second half, because it was nothing more than just SpongeBob getting hurt and saving Shiny. Next time, writers, if you want an old character to return, please make him or her appear more often and not just the beginning and the end. 6/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
BBR: I thought this episode was great. It matched the greatness of the original Bubble Buddy episode and this one had some hilarious moments. My favorite part would have to be when SB thought the Pillow Factory was harmless but instead, there were machines and Danger all over the place xD Anyways, also glad to see the return of Bubble Buddy himself and his same old awesome voice. I hope he returns and brings in another good episode like this one :)

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
This episode leaves the slightly creepy implication that Spongebob is a god who has created an entire sentient species of bubble-people.

Spongebob. Created. LIFE.

Does that mean that he's Shiny's grandpa?

More

VIP
BabySmitty said:
This episode leaves the slightly creepy implication that Spongebob is a god who has created an entire sentient species of bubble-people.
Spongebob. Created. LIFE.

Does that mean that he's Shiny's grandpa?
idk. This episode is pretty suckish.

Orange Rhymer

Imitation Krab
I didn't like this episode, why? Because either Shiny is a horrible, horrible person/bubble by having Spongebob go through hell trying to save him. Or he's really suicidal.

Back