167b. Bubble Buddy Returns

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Bubble Buddy Returns

This episode was decent. The plot was nice. I liked the return of Bubble Buddy, but too bad he only appeared in the beginning and ending. There were some funny jokes. 6/10

Poop

it is i
Its a average episode but shiny is VERY UNLIKEABLE its a 5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Average. I liked the Pillow Foundry joke but the rest of this is pretty unfunny and it feels really soulless compared to its predecessor.

5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
This aired on Wednesday, April 10, 2013 in Greece for the first time..I remember it , even though I've never seen it since then.. (that's why I told you the date.. :P ) I liked how Bubble Buddy trusted his son to SB ...That was a nice move..I also liked the scene with Shiny destroying Squidward's house, I always found that quite funny...Another thing I liked was the presence of stores that apparently exist in Bikini Bottom.. It was quite boring in the ending .. I must re-watch it in the near future..Anyways, I'll give it a 7/10!

Didn't like this one. It felt like Shiny was a jerk to everyone, including SpongeBob, the beginning was kind of dumb, and despite it being called "Bubble Buddy Returns" he only gets a couple of lines. Wasted potential.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Ghoul Fools (A)
5. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (A)
6. Mooncation (A)
7. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
8. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
9. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
10. Walking the Plankton (B)
11. The Way of the Sponge (B)
12. A Friendly Game (B)
13. Sentimental Sponge (C)
14. Bubble Troubles (C)
15. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
16. Accidents Will Happen (C)
17. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
18. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
19. Barnacle Face (C)
20. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
21. The Googly Artiste (D)
22. The Other Patty (D)
23. Bubble Buddy Returns (D)
24. Patrick's Staycation (D)
25. Oral Report (E)
26. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
27. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Not very good episode. I used to like this episode but now i hate it. Its boring Shiny was ragingly unlikable and the jokes are very stupid the only thingamabob i liked was the scene where SpongeBob chases Shiny.

Rating: Ridiculous Episode

Rankings:
Mermaid Man Begins (Perfect)
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
Mooncation (Good)
The Way of the Sponge (Good)
Plankton's Good Eye (Good)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (Okay)
Patrick's Staycation (Okay)
Ghoul Fools (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
Pet Sitter Pat (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (Mediocre)
Bubble Troubles (Bad)
Barnacle Face (Bad)
Walking the Plankton (Bad)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)
House Sittin For Sandy (Inferior)
Bubble Buddy Returns (Ridiculous)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Cue “modern SpongeBob” haters saying that the show references old episodes too much in 3…2…1…just kidding, as this is SBM, not Twitter. Nah but seriously, I remember being stoked when I first saw this episode, because even if I never loved “Bubble Buddy”, I was still happy to see such a direct reference to a previous episode. This show doesn’t really have a continuity, so any kind of reference that creates a timeline is a win from me. I do think they could’ve done the title card better though lol, they should’ve just made it all bubble letters, like come on now.

The episode begins with a bubble causing mischief around Bikini Bottom in a pretty funny way. Turns out the bubble actually contains a letter for SpongeBob from Bubble Buddy, and not only that, but the bubble is Bubble Buddy’s son, Shiny. Alright, let’s get the elephant out of the room now. Yes, it would’ve been 100% more preferable if this episode was about Bubble Buddy returning for real, like ain’t nobody care about his son. But…I’m not that mad about it. Maybe it’s again because I never cared for the original episode, so I’m not invested. It doesn’t exactly matter why, the fact is I’m not all that upset about Bubble Buddy only really making a cameo appearance in the episode titled “Bubble Buddy Returns”. Though I will say I’m not a big fan of false advertising so…that’s not great.

SpongeBob then tries to introduce Shiny to Squidward, and this part was hilarious. I just love how Shiny is such a troublemaker lol. It makes the beginning of the episode make even more sense (not that it ever didn’t make sense, but y’all know what I mean). Also, this bit with Squidward introduces one of my favorite tracks in the series, Porous Pursuit. Underrated masterpiece, that one. But we’ll see it used so much more after season 9, so I’m happy with that. And this scene again uses my favorite Hot Steel & Slide Lick, so I really just won twice.

Mr. Krabs is then introduced to Shiny, and I again am rewarded for my love of any kind of continuity in this show when Mr. Krabs is all like “Bubble Buddy still owes me money!” Shiny then causes more mischief at the Krusty Krab, making the floor slippery and almost causing another “Krabs Vs. Plankton” situation (lol). And then the real breaking point is when he causes the money in the cash register to go everywhere…yeah Mr. Krabs ain’t gonna let that one slide.

We then get the amusing segment of Shiny going into town, complete with all its dangerous sharp objects. Though in the end, it’s only SpongeBob who gets hurt, and the whole thing is pretty funny and enjoyable. Especially with SpongeBob’s freaking out (except for the last one, where he’s just completely done with it all). Also I think the fact that Bikini Bottom has all of these places is just inherently funny. And then the fact that in the end, after SpongeBob manages to save Shiny from all of that, he manages to pop the bubble kid by making him food. His ensuing freakout is hilarious. And of course that’s when Bubble Buddy shows up…but of course, this is just another Tuesday for Bubble Buddy. SpongeBob’s last little muttering about babysitting was also funny, and it stands out to me from any SpongeBob ending so…congrats to this episode for that I suppose.

"Bubble Buddy Returns" was a really good episode for me, which I think might be an unpopular opinion. It probably would’ve been Amazing-tier if not for the bait-and-switch. I know I said I wasn’t that mad about it, but it did still happen and it was still slightly disappointing. So. Great-tier.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.8/10

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
this feels like the card 2.0: SpongeBob tries to save something from getting harmed
and that's it the title is the most misleading title out of the show its called bubble buddy returns and he is barely in it! and the title card is just the bubble buddy title card but at the bottom it says "returns" so that's not a compliment it should be called something like "the son of bubble buddy" like piegurulz said overall its just the card but better still not a very good episode very misleading title wish this episode could have been better
  1. Frozen Face Off (10/10)
  2. Ghoul Fools (10/10)
  3. The Krabby Patty That Ate Bikini Bottom (10/10)
  4. A Squarepants Family Vacation (10/10)
  5. Mooncation (10/10)
  6. Mermaid Man Begins (10/10)
  7. The Hot Shot (10/10)
  8. Oral Report (9.5/10)
  9. Drive Thru (9.5/10)
  10. Plankton's Good Eye (9/10)
  11. A Friendly Game (8.5/10)
  12. The Way Of The Sponge (8/10)
  13. Walking The Plankton (8/10)
  14. Squidward's School For Grown Ups (8/10)
  15. Sweet And Sour Squid (7.5/10)
  16. Sentimental Sponge (7/10)
  17. Accidents Will Happen (6.5/10)
  18. The Other Patty (6/10)
  19. Bubble Troubles (4.5/10)
  20. Barnacle Face (3.5/10)
  21. Mr Krabs Takes A Vacation (3.5/10)
  22. Bubble Buddy Returns (3/10)
  23. The Googly Artiste (1.5/10)
  24. Patrick's Staycation (1.5/10)
  25. Smoothe Jazz At Bikini Bottom (1/10)
  26. House Sittin For Sandy (1/10)
  27. Pet Sitter Pat (0/10)

Back