166a. The Way of the Sponge

tvlover

Moby Dollar
Here, There, Somewhere, Anywhere, Who Cares?

First Aired: Friday, November 25, 2011 at 8:00PM
SpongeBob wants to earn his belt from karate master Fuzzy Acorns with Sandy's help.

6/10. It was OK; I liked how SpongeBob won the belt by unknowingly beating Fuzzy. The ending was just plain horrible. Plus, something seemed weird about Fuzzy's voice.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I actually quite liked this episode. I thought I would hate the "Fuzzy Acorns" guy, because I'm normally fussy about new characters, but he was actually tolerable. I loved the 4th wall acknowledgement where Sandy's little monologue is followed by "Who are you talking to?"

Cha

I love SBM
I thought it was alright. I enjoyed the gag when the Sensei stole SB's belt. xD Fuzzy was an alright character and I mostly just enjoyed it for a couple gags.

This episode is so underrated. I thought It was a great season 8 episode and It my favorite karate episode. Fuzzy was kinda jerk in this episode but he was wrong about SpongeBob and he gave SpongeBob a black belt and he gave his blacker belt to Sandy. There weren't too much funny moments in this episode actually but It was very entertaining. I laughed at some parts like SpongeBob jumping onto the log and then splitting himself in half, SpongeBob saying "Prepare for my finishing move! I call it The Sleeper!", SpongeBob running on Sandy's Wheel and the ending. I think SpongeBob is the only character who made laugh more in this episode. I definetly recommend this episode. 10/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Way of the Sponge: Excellent episode. Fuzzy Acorns is a character that I would love to see again. I think it was also nice to see more karate. 9.5/10

imrustyokay

Twitter: @imrustyokay
A nice episode, the jokes are funny, Sandy's in this one, she Barley gets any love, and most importantly, NO FILLER!

8.5/10

hfjs

Milkmaidman said:
I don't remember much of it. ?/10
As an actual review, it's an interesting episode, but it's forgettable.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: The Way of the Spongebob

This episode was good. The plot was good. I liked the return of a specific karate themed episode. There were some funny jokes. 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Solid episode. I prefer Karate Island and Karate Choppers but this isn't bad. I generally like the story of SpongeBob trying to improve his karate abilities and it's entertaining throughout.

7.5/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
Yeah I agree, really liked this episode a lot. Fuzzy is a funny character and I think it's decently nice for Season 8. One of the more memorable ones, considering Season 8 is usually I a dumpster of nothing.

This episode is kind of hard to talk about. It's got a couple funny jokes, and the plot is neat, but I feel like more could have been done with the idea of SpongeBob trying to learn from a master. But it's still a good episode.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. Ghoul Fools (A)
5. Mooncation (A)
6. Mermaid Man Begins (B)
7. Mr. Krabs Takes a Vacation (B)
8. Plankton's Good Eye (B)
9. Walking the Plankton (B)
10. The Way of the Sponge (B)
11. A Friendly Game (B)
12. Sentimental Sponge (C)
13. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
14. Accidents Will Happen (C)
15. House Sittin' For Sandy (C)
16. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
17. Barnacle Face (C)
18. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
19. The Googly Artiste (D)
20. The Other Patty (D)
21. Patrick's Staycation (D)
22. Oral Report (E)
23. Pet Sitter Pat (F-)
24. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom (F-)

Back