165b. Smoothe Jazz at Bikini Bottom

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I liked this episode and I thought it was decent. Yes, I know there has Squid Abuse, but I don't really mind it. It's kinda annoying how Patrick ate the backstage passes. He was annoying in this episode, but I liked when he said: Na-chos.
Squidward wanted to visit Kelpy G and then he pushed Squidward and found his clarinet playing horrible. I find SpongeBob's ukulele playing to be decent.

Rating: 7.50/10

EDIT: Now I started to get annoyed by the Squidward Abuse and I hated the ending and I find it more annoying that Patrick ate the backstage passes. SpongeBob wasn't that bad in this episode, but he was a bit annoying. The best part was the part that Squidward "wanted" a lemonade, just because he don't want to be in the concert with SpongeBob. The beginning was okay, SpongeBob playing his ukulele was great, Patrick saying "Na-chos" was funny. But the execution of this episode was meh. The ending is one of the worst endings in Season 8. I hated the ending as much as I hated the endings in Face Freeze, inSPONGEiac, House Sittin' for Sandy, and Are You Happy Now?. 6/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I'd like this episode much better if SpongeBob and Patrick hadn't been in it. The music is pretty good but I just felt so bad for Squidward not getting what he wanted here. Kelpy G's a good character actually and I'd like there to be another episode in the future with him but maybe done much better than here.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
ThePineappleLord said:
This episode is yet another squidward torture fest, and I think that this is the worst one seeing as how patrick is just a plot device that is forced into the episode to make squid ward misserable. I mean seriously, patrick cannot afford tickets to a concert (which usualy cost from $30-$300) seeing as how he has no job, so the writers are making patrick come out NOWHERE.
Also Kelpy G. pushes squidward, a fan who has somthing to say to him, to the ground but he lets patrick disrupt the concert for everyone.

Final score 3/10
I've never thought about it that way, that the only reason that the writers got an appearance for Patrick is to make Squidward suffer.

God, if those writers are so angry, they should use a punching bag, not push it all to Squidward.

Pyreflies of MJ

Imitation Krab
This would have legit been one of my favorite episodes of the series if it weren't for the ending. I seriously loved it up until the part where Patrick shows up and eats BOTH of the backstage passes - so ridiculous! After I was like, okay, it's not so horrible because Pat got rightfully kicked out and Sponge and Squiddy managed to sneak backstage anyway. But then they just totally donkey kick poor Squidward and it ruins all of the good of the episode.

If they had just ended it on a feel good note for once with Sponge at least making it up to Squid (I thought maybe he'd invite him on the stage - but no), it would have been great. I understand why fans are complaining about the Squid abuse now. I've been really liking seasons 8 and 9 so far, but it'd be nice if Squidward came out as the good guy or happy more often - they really need to fix this.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
After rewatching a better quality version of this ep on Amazon, my God, this thing is terrible and all because of Patrick. If he had NOT been in the episode, this could have been okay IMHO and I thought "Hide and Then See What Happens" sucked a lot too. Nothing in it is funny either and most of the jokes fall flat. I still like Kelpy G as a character though. Worst Season 8 episode I've seen so far. 2.5/10

Patty Sponge

Always Fear
The only thing I enjoyed about the episode was mostly Patrick's performance (except for when he ate Squidward and SB's backstage passes) I loved it when he went on stage, thought he was ordering and then happily taken away by the crowd. Everything else was just Squid abuse which I felt they went to far with.

3/10

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
I didn't really like most of Patrick's actions in this episodes (except the part where he goes up on stage and orders). How did he even get in there anyway? Like Cephalopod Lodge, this is one of those plot holes that I have to point out. It doesn't really make sense. Is he a ghost? I'm not really ready to head to the "Patrick pooped/barfed out the tickets" conclusion yet. And really, all Patrick's purpose was in this episode was to eat Squidward and Spongebob's tickets. I liked how Kelpy G returned, but most of Patrick's performance in this episode brought some points down.
3.5/10

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
Definitely one of the worst Season 8 episodes. Patrick is annoying here and none of his actions/consequences make any sense. Squidward is treated really poorly and Spongebob randomly comes out on top at the end.

0/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Smooth Jazz at Bikini Bottom

This episode was terrible. The plot was really mediocre. Spongebob was kinda annoying, but Patrick ruined the episode for me. His stupidity was flanderized to the point he became unlikeable. I felt bad for Squidward. There was one or two funny jokes. 3/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I don't even in w where to begin. Patrick was horrendous in this episode, Squidward gets tortured for no reason and is a Choir Boys knockoff. 0.5/10

Cardinals11

Baby Clam
Do you people realize what Squidward's personality is. He is meant to b mean and grumpy all the time. This episode was funny throughout. Patrick was the star of the episode as he caught me laughing every time. I LOVED the end when Kelpy brought Spongebob out on to the stage. Most of you guys are probably def if you like that horrible clarinet playing. In the I give this episode a 10/10.

This episode is vile. My least favorite episode of season 8 and 5th least favorite overall. If Pet Sitter Pat didn't kill Patrick, this did. His stupidity here is so annoying and cruel to Squidward AND SpongeBobs. Squidward eating the passes and not giving a ::dolphin noise:: is unforgivable. 1/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I shall review this....

This is an example of a terrible episode, a really terrible episode. First of all, Patrick acted like a braindead imbecile, not like in the pre-movie or even many of the post-movie episodes, where it was actually funny. And I thought that Pet Sitter Pat was terrible, but this is even worse! Why did Patrick even appear in this episode in the first place? It just felt unnecessary and pointless that he had to be in the episode. Normally, I am not that bothered by mean-spirited episodes, but this pushed me over the edge. Spongebob was a little unlikeable in this episode, but his actions we're nothing compared to Patrick's actions. Pat eating the backstage passes was very stupid and unfunny. Not to mention, the episode felt like it dragged on forever, because it was so boring and virtually jokeless. I also had a lot of sympathy for Squidward because he doesn't deserve the troubles that happened to him in this episode. The only things that I really liked in this episode are the design of the title card and the title card music.

1/10
Ranking: Terrible.
:patboo:

Back