164b. Pet Sitter Pat

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
I can't stand this stupid, stupid, stupid episode. Gary being tortured isn't funny. Patrick chasing him with a flamethrower is disgusting. And what is with that ending? Only rating I can give this episode is an F-, but that's being nice.

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
This episode is mediocre Well, somewhere between mediocre and bad. I don't think it deserves a reputation episodes like OCM and APFG get. Despite the fact that this episode is full of abuse, almost none of it is that realistic, unlike OCM. As for what makes this episode better than APFG, the mere change of characters can make quite a difference. Also, the moronic "abuser" has logic to some of his actions.

Patrick isn't an outright jerk here, but he kind of comes across as one because of his stupidity (that's how a lot of episodes work, even in pre movie).

There are two common complaints I'd like to address.

1)The flamethrower scene:
I don't believe that Patrick is intent on burning Gary, for a couple of reasons. The main reason being these lines of dialogue
"You gotta trick the snail. You gotta be smarterer than him."
"Well make up your mind. Is it water or fire?"
Remember Patrick's goal: Givong Gary a bath. Patrick's plan is to trick Gary into taking a bath by making him "choose between water and fire". He scares Gary with the flamethrower, hoping that Gary will ultimately choose "water" (to take a bath). This brings me to my second(ary) reason. Patrick doesn't aim for Gary with the flamethrower.

2)The ending
Why is Gary suddenly happy at the end? Well, SpongeBob's house is flooding, and the last thing we see or hear of Patrick and Gary before SpongeBob arrives is them being drowned from a hole in the roof and them laughing, so it didn't entirely come out of nowhere. I guess as a babysitter, Gary hates Patrick's guts. But as friends, they get along quite well.

Ok, with that out of the way let's talk about what I like. I like the setup to SpongeBob's house flooding, which leads to a somewhat funny line from Patrick. I like how Patrick destroying the TV is eventually referenced later in the episode (Unfortunately he doesn't suffer). Notice a trend here? One gag leads to another. One of my favorite ways a gag is used is to foreshadow another. And this episode, one that has been receiving lots of hate, actually does this at least twice.

I think Patrick should've suffered a bit more. He should've felt some pain when Gary attacks him. (That probably would've been hilarious). When he realizes the TV is broken, he should've gotten bored, and just fall asleep.

4/10 It's so over hated, but still not good.

Leedles

Leedle
This episode is mediocre Well, somewhere between mediocre and bad. I don't think it deserves a reputation episodes like OCM and APFG get. Despite the fact that this episode is full of abuse, almost none of it is that realistic, unlike OCM. As for what makes this episode better than APFG, the mere change of characters can make quite a difference. Also, the moronic "abuser" has logic to some of his actions.

Patrick isn't an outright jerk here, but he kind of comes across as one because of his stupidity (that's how a lot of episodes work, even in pre movie).

There are two common complaints I'd like to address.

1)The flamethrower scene:
I don't believe that Patrick is intent on burning Gary, for a couple of reasons. The main reason being these lines of dialogue
"You gotta trick the snail. You gotta be smarterer than him."
"Well make up your mind. Is it water or fire?"
Remember Patrick's goal: Givong Gary a bath. Patrick's plan is to trick Gary into taking a bath by making him "choose between water and fire". He scares Gary with the flamethrower, hoping that Gary will ultimately choose "water" (to take a bath). This brings me to my second(ary) reason. Patrick doesn't aim for Gary with the flamethrower.

2)The ending
Why is Gary suddenly happy at the end? Well, SpongeBob's house is flooding, and the last thing we see or hear of Patrick and Gary before SpongeBob arrives is them being drowned from a hole in the roof and them laughing, so it didn't entirely come out of nowhere. I guess as a babysitter, Gary hates Patrick's guts. But as friends, they get along quite well.

Ok, with that out of the way let's talk about what I like. I like the setup to SpongeBob's house flooding, which leads to a somewhat funny line from Patrick. I like how Patrick destroying the TV is eventually referenced later in the episode (Unfortunately he doesn't suffer). Notice a trend here? One gag leads to another. One of my favorite ways a gag is used is to foreshadow another. And this episode, one that has been receiving lots of hate, actually does this at least twice.

I think Patrick should've suffered a bit more. He should've felt some pain when Gary attacks him. (That probably would've been hilarious). When he realizes the TV is broken, he should've gotten bored, and just fall asleep.

4/10 It's so over hated, but still not good.

About the flamethrower scene you analyzed, it's still cruel. He may have not been aiming for Gary, but he was obviously trying to scare him into taking a bath. SCARE HIM. It's psychological torture. Also, he probably would have killed him of the salt "joke" were any indication

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: Pet Sitter Pat

This episode was terrible. The plot was so rushed. Patrick was really stupid and unlikeable here. He tried to burn poor Gary. I felt really sorry for poor Gary. Spongebob's plot was the only nice thing in this episode (too bad we didn't see too much of the B plot). There were few funny jokes. 3/10

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I despise this one! Despise despise despise! Dumb**s the Starfish at his worst, gary starving to death (gee thats not getting abused at all) and the ending makes no sense at all. WHY WAS GARY HAPPY AFTER BIG PINK LOSER OVER THERE TRIED TO BURN HIM ALIVE. I'm NOT KIDDING. Patrick tried to BURN GARY ALIVE BECAUSE GARY WOULDN'T TAKE A BATH! Gary Takes a Bath worked because spongebob tried to attack gary with water and got punished for it, he fell out of a tree, got covered in mud and was forced to take a bath while gary teased him! PATRICK? What was his comeuppance? He got hurt a little by gary, WOWOWOWOW. Top notch compared to gtab MI RIGHT MIRITE. Yes, patrick wasn't trying to hurt gary, he was just stupid, but in a pal for gary, spongebob was just stupid and that one was horrific sooo, why should this be excused? Gary got worse treatment in TGSR, But that episode was hilarious, i still dislike TGSR doe. But still, this episode ain't anything good, the only thing nice about the episode was the ending and spongebob cos he was quite likeable, but apart from that, IT'S A HORROR.
I'll write more about this episode when it pops up in my bottom 50.
Not eating for a few hours isn't starving to death

Oh and he wasn't trying to burn Gary. He just acted stupid with a flamethrower.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Ok, I just rewatched this episode and
Patrick really freaking sucked in it
Well, that's my only complain about it, but it's a big problem. 4/10

TignoBaiser

Part Computer or Something
Talk about an overreaction
Really guys, I don't think you should take MrEnter's opinion on this one seriously, because he has some issues with bad animal treatment (May the Best Pet Win)
As for an episode itself, it's one of those mediocre S6-S8 episodes what usually nobody cares about.

I hate this episode so much. However, I don't hate it because of Mr. Enter. I hate it because it is very similar to A Pal for Gary (my 3rd least favorite. BTW, this is my 10th least favorite episode). Instead of SpongeBob, it's Patrick and instead of ignorance, it's stupidity. Because it's Patrick, the stupidity is kind of excusable, but not really. That flamethrower scene makes me want to hit Patrick and hug Gary. I probably would have hated it less if it weren't for the fact that Gary's pain is completely visible. In A Pal for Gary, his pain was present, but not visible. Some laughs here and there tho. 1.5/10

SpongyMaterial

Moby Dollar
*yawns* I don't like this episode. It's just Patrick being dumb for 11 minutes straight. I liked the ending and the return of SpongeBob's Grandma, but that was it. This episode was so stupid and boring. 2 out of 10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is atrocious. It's 11 minutes of unfunny Patrick stupidity with Gary being abused in harsh and arbitrary ways. This is possibly the dumbest SpongeBob episodes and in my bottom 5. Please don't make Patrick this stupid again 0.5/10.

WayslideCool

You know what else is yellow? You are!
I didn't find myself hating it nearly as much as some other episodes, but it was still pretty bad. It did have some moments, like the "even older" gag, and I admit that I found myself chuckling a little at the flamethrower gag (though I can see why a person would find it uncomfortable). Anyway, it's a bad episode for sure, but I feel people exaggerate just how bad it is, and I really don't find it worse than "A Pal for Gary".

2.5/10

UnderwaterGrass

Imitation Krab
I really didn't like this one. It's like "A Pal for Gary", only with Patrick. Also, the ending comes out of nowhere. 3.5/10 (Bad)

Jack M Crazyfish

I'm back, I guess.
This one is kinda overhated, it is bad but it is much better than that slimeball of an episode A Pal for Gary. I admit some parts went way too far with Patrick being stupid like almost setting fire to Gary and blowing a hairdryer right in his face, also this episode isn't funny, it tries to tell the joke at the end but it's really weak and just a stupid way to end a stupid episode. I did like the scenes at Grandma's house like the candle scene but that's about it. While there has been worse Gary abuse, I just feel like the episode as a whole is just kinda lazy and boring and not very funny at all that it can't get by with a meh rating.

3/10

q543frodomar

Banished
I still think this episode is the worst spongebob episode ever. But I regret saying that "I won't be friends with people who like this episode." This episode is horrible, yes, but I take back what I said.

Here is the review without the infamous quote.

2016-08-28-16-00-27--564002808.jpg

This episode is, in my opinion, the worst episode I have ever seen. Ever. After 8 seasons, I have found an episode worse than One Coarse Meal. How is that possible? Well, at least in that episode, Krabs does get what he deserves for 30 seconds. Being tortured by mimes. It's not long, but it's better than nothing. This episode is where I wanted to break the TV, explode it, then throw it off a plane. I lost respect for Patrick after this episode. Patrick is my favorite character because he was hilarious in older episodes. This episode was horrible. I freaking hate it with a burning passion.

It starts out with SpongeBob, about to go to his Grandmother's house, but he realizes that nobody will be at home except for Gary. He asks Squidward to, but he refuses, so he tries to get PATRICK of all people to take care of Gary, and sadly, he accepts. SpongeBob leaves via bus transport, and Patrick is now at home alone with Gary. Then, Patrick, who is supposed to give Gary snail food, gets the sack of food. Gary gets excited, thinking he will eat a bunch of food. However, Patrick, being the idiot he is, eats it all up, and when one tiny pebble of food drops on the floor, he won't even let Gary eat it! What a jerk!

After that, he decides to give Gary his bath. So he uses more snail food as the bubble bath (Keep in mind, he's doing this on purpose, as shown in "The Card"), and he tries to eat it, but Patrick will not let him because he states "You cannot EAT the bath, you must GET IN the bath!" Wait a minute, if Patrick is an idiot, why is he smart enough to say you cannot eat the bath? Did some fairy sprinkle magic dust on him or something? What the heck!

Gary starts to get very angry and hisses at him. Eventually, Patrick corners Gary in a room, and sprays salt at him! SALT KILLS SNAILS! Is he insane!?!? He then tries to BURN GARY USING A FLAMETHROWER!!! That should be worse than A Pal For Gary! And then he finally catches him, and puts him in the living room. After that, the pineapple starts flooding. It seems that Patrick left the bath water running, and water starts flooding the house. And because Patrick's an idiot, he doesn't even notice. At this point, SpongeBob has become very worried about Gary. He actually starts to worry about him. Considering "A Pal For Gary" just a year before, they use that excuse to torment him and horrify him. He goes back to the house and he spots the water flooding, which eventually leads to the pineapple home being filled up and bursts out with water. And guess what happens next? Do you think Gary is getting his revenge? No, he just reads him a story and Patrick has no consequences for his actions, Which are: Animal Abuse (Including Causing an animal to starve with no food), Attempted Murder (tries to kill Gary), and much, much more, including destruction of property, estate property, etc.

This was truly the worst episode ever. He gets his 11 minutes of his idea of fun (torturing a snail), and without any consequences or jail time whatsoever. He deserves at least 1 or 2 years in prison, and yet, no consequences. SpongeBob doesn't call him out on it. At all. Instead, he sees him reading and trusts him.

-Frodomar543

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
I don't hate the episode as much as most people do, but it's still just 11 minutes of unfunny "Patrick is stupid" jokes. I'd rather see Patrick be an idiot than be a jerk, but it's still not good at all.

3.5/10

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
You all are gonna kill me for this but I thought this one was really funny and Patrick stupidity didn't really bothered me and I also liked how SpongeBob was worried about Gary

PS: Also who cares what Mr. Enter says

Grade: 8.5/10

Best Line: Snail Tales, I thought it was called Meow, meow, meow.

Best Character: SpongeBob

Best Moment: The scene where Patrick dries Gary off (unpopular opinion)

DON'T KILL ME FOR THIS, GORDOK AND MR. ENTER. To be honest, I like this episode. Yes, I do. I liked it when I was it first and I watched it again and I still like it. I know It had Gary abuse and I know Patrick was very stupid and I agree Patrick using flamethrower to bath Gary was horrible (one of the worst moments in this show) but the reasons that I liked this episode is that SpongeBob was actually worry about Gary and I loved that he wasn't oblivious like himself in A Pal for Gary. He came to his house to rescue Gary and you can see that Gary was fine at the end of this episode. Also I loved the part with Gary attcked Patrick. This is definetly a better version of A Pal for Gary, which had worse Gary abuse than this episode. The surprising thing is that people didn't say this episode rips offs "I Was a Teenage Gary", to be they are very same.

Also I did laugh at some parts in this episode. Here's couple of them.

Squidward: Look what that disgusting pest did to my substainable kelp garden! He chewed it up, ruined it!
SpongeBob: Gary, is that true?
Gary: [smiles and shows mouth full of kelp bits] Meow.

- Patrick mistaking snail food for bath soap.

Patrick: "Oh, now we gotta dry you off. Unfortunately, I couldn't find any salt." (Is it bad that I laughed at that joke? I like dark humor, deal with it.)

- Patrick seeing Gary moving on water and saying "Sheesh, Gary! Well, if you wanted another bath, why didn't you just ask?"

- The ending.

I did feel bad for Gary too and I hated Patrick's actions in this episode too but I still like it. SpongeBob was likeable and Gary was fine at the end of this episode. I can understand why many people hate this episode though. 7.5/10 (One of the weakest season 8 episodes but still good)
LOL no

especially no with the ending.

tbh I'm so surprised no one talked about how the ending was just dumb. In fact, this episode using ending as a defense to justify Patrick's actions to Gary. Patrick doesn't feed Gary, he chases him with a flamethrower and he dries Gary and yet when the house is flooding, Gary is laughing with Patrick and Gary reads him a bedtime story. This is a show with no logic of course but that was completely unbeliveable. Gary should have been scared by Patrick, not read a freaking bedtime story. After all that crap, you expect me to buy that happy ending? no.

Mr. Enter was right about this episode, even saying that makes me sick cuz Mr. Enter overreacted to this and insulted Casey but really Patrick was at his one of the worst. He may not be a jerk but he was an idiot and I'm tired of idiots (Barry Allen, Peter Griffin) screwing up everything and being a danger to other characters we love.

I seriously don't like how Patrick was portrayed in season 8 and it's hard for me to enjoy this character these days.

I think this episode isn't completely trash but dear god, I dislike Patrick here.

Back