159. A Squarepants Family Vacation

Homie

get outer my space!
I just watched this one. The design of the Great Barrier Reef was really cool and the song was surprisingly nice, though it took awhile to grow on me.

I really like this episode. The road song is in my head. We know SpongeBobs moms name. Funny lines and stuff. Also SpongeBobs mom and dad got to work after they left...anyway 9.5/10

Kerdem

Banished
BORING AS HELL! STUPIDEST PLOTLINE EVER! Beginning Is Nothing More Then a Time Filler.The Only Thing Happens They All Said ''This Sounds To Good To be True'' For They're Favourite Things.That Would Scene The Car Goes Mall,Races And Space Are Just Stupid As Patrick In ''Stuck In The Wringer'' And Pointless As a Broken Wire And Just ANNOYING.Jokes Are Lame They Don't Even Tried To Laugh Someone.Also Songs Are Absolutely TERRIBLE.Gift Shop Moment Is Just Stupid Like Rest Of The Special.It Only Shows How Stuoid Spongebob Is.And Now The Worst Part : THE ENDING.Season 8 Has a Problem About The Endings.Because Most Of Them Are Horrible Even Though the Episode Was Good.Why They Didn't Finish the Slayt? An Why They Didn't Show What Happens When They Watched It? WHY? It Is No Different For me Then Spongebob You're Fired.Beacuse Its Just Pointless And Boring As Spongebob You're Fired.Its One Of My Least Favourite Specials.Not Just One Of My Least Favourite Specials Its Also One Of My Least Favourite Episodes Ever!!! 1/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: A Squarepants Family Vacation

This episode was decent. I liked the plot (most of it was just filler, though). There were few funny jokes. 6/10

BobCarotte

meep
Kerdem said:
BORING AS HELL! STUPIDEST PLOTLINE EVER! Beginning Is Nothing More Then a Time Filler.The Only Thing Happens They All Said ''This Sounds To Good To be True'' For They're Favourite Things.That Would Scene The Car Goes Mall,Races And Space Are Just Stupid As Patrick In ''Stuck In The Wringer'' And Pointless As a Broken Wire And Just ANNOYING.Jokes Are Lame They Don't Even Tried To Laugh Someone.Also Songs Are Absolutely TERRIBLE.Gift Shop Moment Is Just Stupid Like Rest Of The Special.It Only Shows How Stuoid Spongebob Is.And Now The Worst Part : THE ENDING.Season 8 Has a Problem About The Endings.Because Most Of Them Are Horrible Even Though the Episode Was Good.Why They Didn't Finish the Slayt? An Why They Didn't Show What Happens When They Watched It? WHY? It Is No Different For me Then Spongebob You're Fired.Beacuse Its Just Pointless And Boring As Spongebob You're Fired.Its One Of My Least Favourite Specials.Not Just One Of My Least Favourite Specials Its Also One Of My Least Favourite Episodes Ever!!! 1/10
Why do you capitalize every word? It seems like an awful lot of extra work, doesn't it? Back on topic, I think this episode was OK. I give it a 7/10.

Flabby Patty

Flabby Patty > Krusty Krab
Eh, it's an alright episode. Of course it's got funny moments, but it's got a bit of unredeemable moments as well. The ending really got me, but it wasn't too bad, to say the least... 8.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
It was painfully obvious they were stretching for time on this one. The first-half was painful but the second-half was decent and kinda fun so it at least surpasses SpongeBob, You're Fired by a lot.

5/10

This episode wasn't the worst vacation episode (that achievement belongs to Patrick's Staycation), but it wasn't the best either.

Airdate: November 11, 2011

jack_of_all_traids said:
This episode wasn't the worst vacation episode (that achievement belongs to Patrick's Staycation), but it wasn't the best either.
I still stand by this, but I feel like this episode actually has a few good moments. I think that some of the jokes are good, the plot is decent, and the Road Song is just okay. Overall, not bad, but not great.

Ranking so far:
1. The Hot Shot (A+)
2. Frozen Face-Off (A+)
3. Drive Thru (A)
4. A Friendly Game (B)
5. Sentimental Sponge (C)
6. A SquarePants Family Vacation (C)
7. Accidents Will Happen (C)
8. Sweet and Sour Squid (C)
9. Squidward's School for Grown-Ups (C)
10. The Googly Artiste (D)
11. The Other Patty (D)
12. Oral Report (E)

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I want to like this special. But I don't. I felt bored & underwhelmed by it for some reason. At least there's a couple parts i like

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is a really random special. It has very poor pacing and way too many conflicts. Even more insulting is that it could've explored Spongebob's dynamic with his family but chose to go in 3 other directions.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I hated this one its boring and stupid as hell though i like song and thats pretty much it.

Rating: Inferior Episode

Rankings:
The Hot Shot (Perfect)
Oral Report (Great)
A Friendly Game (Great)
Accidents Will Happen (Great)
Sentimental Sponge (Good)
Frozen Face Off (Good)
Sweet and Sour Squid (Good)
The Googly Artiste (Okay)
Drive Thru (Alright)
The Other Patty (Meh)
Squidward's School for Grown-ups (Mediocre)
A SquarePants Family Vacation (Inferior)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
And just like that, we’re back to another anthology of episodes, this time SpongeBob’s Runaway Roadtrip, starting with this episode, “A SquarePants Family Vacation”! If y’all remember what I said for season 7’s anthology, you’ll recall that I really like this whole anthology idea. I don’t know why it was only done twice because I think it’s a stroke of genius. I also like that this episode in particular features the SquarePants family, since last time we did that with any sort of substantial focus was in season 5, which was lowkey the season of exploring SpongeBob’s family. This episode is also a special, which is a fact that I completely forgot until I rewatched the episode lol.

Speaking on this anthology series in particular, which I didn’t realize was called SpongeBob’s Runaway Roadtrip til now, this series inspired my absolute favorite Flash game on Nick—Oh Snap! Road Trip!…this was my **** back in the day, like I played this soooooo much, it was so fun. I miss it every day.

I know everyone complains about this whole bit of the vacation episodes starting with a slide show that is then never brought up again, but I like this whole gimmick. I don’t think it really needs to be revisited, it’s just something to connect every episode beyond just the fact that they’re vacation themed, just like the title sequence of the Legends of Bikini Bottom anthology. So I won’t really mention these slideshows too much during the reviews. They range from being a little too long (like this episode), to being just fine. I do like how this episode shows a bunch of characters getting this invitation, showing both their interests and how much SpongeBob knows them. It’s almost like this episode is expecting a new audience, and so is quickly introducing all of the main characters (+ Larry…seriously at this point they need to just make him a main character for the number of times they include him, especially when they include him and not other main characters LMAO).

Finally, we cut to the actual episode. You know how I normally am not a fan of Patrick being included in things for no reason? Well for once, I actually really like his inclusion here, because it’s actually very wholesome. Patrick is such a friend to SpongeBob that he’s considered part of the family, isn’t that great? The drive to the destination is a bit boring, and honestly SpongeBob’s data is the real highlight to me, I think his voice is funny. The bit in the mall was also decent. The road song was also very fun, probably the best part of the scene once we finally get there. And once we get to a rest stop, I liked the part where SpongeBob and Patrick run out into a “Krabby Land” reference (it’s not, but I’m calling it that okay).

And then we get to the more adventurous part of the episode as SpongeBob and Patrick get themselves into a “Trenchbillies”-like situation. The live action vending machine was a great joke in this section. There’s also so many cool backgrounds and creature designs in this part of the episode, I love it. And the escape from the giant fly thing was also very entertaining. Nothing particularly funny, but very fun to watch. Though the joke about the tourist trap was hilarious (and also reminded me of Gravity Falls lmao). And it’s fun that SpongeBob and Patrick’s adventure was just like the vacation they wanted.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8/10

Heyo_Heyo

Moby Dollar
And just like that, we’re back to another anthology of episodes, this time SpongeBob’s Runaway Roadtrip, starting with this episode, “A SquarePants Family Vacation”! If y’all remember what I said for season 7’s anthology, you’ll recall that I really like this whole anthology idea. I don’t know why it was only done twice because I think it’s a stroke of genius. I also like that this episode in particular features the SquarePants family, since last time we did that with any sort of substantial focus was in season 5, which was lowkey the season of exploring SpongeBob’s family. This episode is also a special, which is a fact that I completely forgot until I rewatched the episode lol.

Speaking on this anthology series in particular, which I didn’t realize was called SpongeBob’s Runaway Roadtrip til now, this series inspired my absolute favorite Flash game on Nick—Oh Snap! Road Trip!…this was my **** back in the day, like I played this soooooo much, it was so fun. I miss it every day.

I know everyone complains about this whole bit of the vacation episodes starting with a slide show that is then never brought up again, but I like this whole gimmick. I don’t think it really needs to be revisited, it’s just something to connect every episode beyond just the fact that they’re vacation themed, just like the title sequence of the Legends of Bikini Bottom anthology. So I won’t really mention these slideshows too much during the reviews. They range from being a little too long (like this episode), to being just fine. I do like how this episode shows a bunch of characters getting this invitation, showing both their interests and how much SpongeBob knows them. It’s almost like this episode is expecting a new audience, and so is quickly introducing all of the main characters (+ Larry…seriously at this point they need to just make him a main character for the number of times they include him, especially when they include him and not other main characters LMAO).

Finally, we cut to the actual episode. You know how I normally am not a fan of Patrick being included in things for no reason? Well for once, I actually really like his inclusion here, because it’s actually very wholesome. Patrick is such a friend to SpongeBob that he’s considered part of the family, isn’t that great? The drive to the destination is a bit boring, and honestly SpongeBob’s data is the real highlight to me, I think his voice is funny. The bit in the mall was also decent. The road song was also very fun, probably the best part of the scene once we finally get there. And once we get to a rest stop, I liked the part where SpongeBob and Patrick run out into a “Krabby Land” reference (it’s not, but I’m calling it that okay).

And then we get to the more adventurous part of the episode as SpongeBob and Patrick get themselves into a “Trenchbillies”-like situation. The live action vending machine was a great joke in this section. There’s also so many cool backgrounds and creature designs in this part of the episode, I love it. And the escape from the giant fly thing was also very entertaining. Nothing particularly funny, but very fun to watch. Though the joke about the tourist trap was hilarious (and also reminded me of Gravity Falls lmao). And it’s fun that SpongeBob and Patrick’s adventure was just like the vacation they wanted.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score: 8/10
wow this review is shorter than your usual reviews Pugs Lol

Back