158b. The Googly Artiste

spongygirl92

I personally thought this episode was great! I loved how Patrick's dim-witted personality was incorporated in his artworks (rocks with TONS of google eyes xD). I loved that scene with the art critic laughing at Squidward...it was very "loose-animated/expressive", just like the animation style from Ren & Stimpy it seemed. This episode closely relates to "The Artist unknown" in terms of art, but the level of humor definitely matches to that Season 3 episode imo.

My rating: 8/10
smile.gif

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
"Squidward, I think we need to talk about your gambling."
Best part of the whole episode.

I definitely did not like this episode as well as the last two. The story was SO unoriginal. Not TOO funny...

6/10

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Just watched it and really enjoyed it.
Normally with new episodes I find myself almost desperately searching for little bits I liked, but the episodes this week have been genuinely funny. It's been a long time since an episode came out that had me chuckling all the way through (a long time as in years), but the quality seems to have taken a sudden leap upwards and I'm praying it isn't temporary, or just a coincidence that the ones I enjoyed were all premiered together.
I also hope it's not just because I'm doped up on medication and think everything is funny.

Parts of this episode I particularly enjoyed:
- "I love hearing myself talk." - Squidward
- The art critic laughing at Spongebob then snapping right back to being straight-faced.
- "How many lousy pieces have you sold, Squidward?" - Spongebob
- Squidward's gambling problem.
- Patrick making a Van Gogh and The Thinker and thinking they're terrible.
- Mr Krabs' close-up.

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Season 8 can do better then this. I believe that this episode can pass as a season 7 episode!! This one is still good and did indeed have it's fair share of funny moments, but still might be bottom 10 season 8 material.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: The Googly Artiste

This episode was a bit bad. The plot was still decent. There were few jokes. 5/10

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
Squidward torture and Patrick being a prick in the same episode. Oh boy! F

Back