154b. The Hot Shot

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Enjoyable episode here. It was cool seeing SpongeBob do a bit better at driving and I thought Tony Fast jr. was a great character and should return in future episodes :D Another successful Boating School episode!!!!

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
This episode is one of the best Boating School episodes, but the best one is No Free Rides. I love this episode, because it had some great moments like the racing part. The ending was okay, but it is way better than Mrs. Puff getting arrested in some episodes. An excellent episode of Season 8. 10/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
All I'm going to say is that this is one of the best Boating School episodes. Good night.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I really enjoyed this one. It's a nice fresh take on the whole concept of these Boating School episodes and there were even some pretty funny parts to it. I'm gonna go with a solid 8/10 for this one.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 8

Episode: The Hot Shot

This episode was pretty good. The plot was original, and i liked Tony. There were some funny jokes. 7.5/10

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I think this is the first boating school episode I've liked since season 4. (Unless you count Picture Day, which I don't.)

More

VIP
I quite liked the concept of this episode, it's easily my favorite part of it. I liked that they could find a way to work around the obligatory fact that SpongeBob will never get his license by having this new tutor, while seemingly the key to success at first, slowly but surely's found to be a bad influence that only leads to reckless behavior. It's like a celebrity crush when some girl loves one's music and have him be his idol for the next few months to later find out he's a complete douchebag in real life, and I think it allowed for a strong and entertaining story.

In practice, though, this episode kinda sucked. It wasn't interesting outside of the concept... I can hardly recall any of the jokes, Tony Fast jr. fits all the bad boy stereotypes without building on it, and from start-to-finish it felt planned and predictable. I could tell that it would be that kind of story from the get-go and it didn't surprise me at any point, beyond being better than the norm as a whole.

Back