154a. Drive Thru

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

Well it looks like everyone was so busy acting like 5 year olds last night, that nobody remembered to talk about the new episode that premiered.

I actually LOVED this episode! I'm serious, it was great. It was so good, that I can't even remember all the parts I laughed out loud at.

Some of my favorites were Mr. Krabs busting holes in the wall to fix all his problems. Or the old guy running over plankton with his car.
biggrin.gif
There were also some funny lines in there.

In conclusion: 7.5/10.

Now keep in mind, this is still nothing to me compared to the "classic" spongebob. But it was still the best I've seen in a long time, and when not compared to the classics, it's a really good episode.

They managed to take a storyline, that was (let's face it) pretty unoriginal, and actually make a good episode out of it.
And Hasfarr, do you know who wrote this episode?
tongue.gif

hasfarr

your mom
OH MY GOD
IT CAN'T BE
AARON SPRINGER WROTE A GOOD POST-MOVIE EPISODE?!?!?!?!?

Drive_Thru.png

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
That's almost as amazing as DirtyDan LIKING a post-movie episode! :O Just goes to show, there really is a first time for EVERYTHING!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Good noodle stars all round! :thumbsup:

I have yet to see this episode, but people seem to think positively of it so I'm looking forward to it.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Just watched this episode on Youtube. A few things that seemed odd to me:
- There's a part right near the beginning where Squidward is supposed to have a line of dialogue, but it's barely audible. I don't know if that happens in the actual TV broadcast of if it's just a problem with the particular recording I watched. Can someone let me know either way?
- The Krusty Krab doesn't normally have all wooden sides like that. However, this "error" (whether accidental or for the purpose of this particular story) is probably less noticable to the casual viewer than it is to fans like me, so it's not too big of an issue really.

Apart from that, I have to agree with DirtyDan. It thought it was a great episode! Lots of genuinely funny moments, by which I mean the humour seemed to flow really well and the gags came naturally and didn't feel at all forced. As opposed to just one or two memorable moments, the standard was high throughout.

Steel_Sponge

Moby Dollar
From something written by Aaron Springer and Dani Miacheli together, this was the most decent IMO. 7.9/10

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
I just watched this episode again, and guess what... I LOVED IT JUST AS MUCH! :D There are so many LOL moments... It's HILARIOUS!

Seriously, this is one of my fav post-movie episodes now, (or at least post-season 4) I might need to buy it on iTunes or something...

I'm bumping up my old rating from 7.5/10 to 8.5/10. (Yes, I like it that much!)

spongey37

Moby Dollar
Drive-Thru was a good episode. The Krusty Krab had a Drive-Thru at once in Driven to Tears.

Powerstars

Bomb-Selling Pirate
You guys are shocked that Aaron Springer wrote a good Post-Movie episode? Two words. SNAIL BITES.

OldFanNewSkeptic

Moby Dollar
I just wonder why they didn't think of an episode like this before. Seemed so obvious. *shrugs*.

Anyways, I love this episode.

I used to hate this episode, now I think it is okay. Maybe the next time I watch it I'll like it.

6.5|10 Overall

Web Surfer

Banished
It was...okay. The episode was pretty funny, don't get me wrong, but I feel as if it has some pretty big flaws that damaged the episode somewhat. 8/10

Funny Moments:

-Squidward's sarcastic lines.
-The old man running over Plankton twice.
-The customers eating up Squidward near the end.
-Spongebob's bouncer throwing food at the customer's face.
-Larry's jeep smashing the tin can speaker.
-"Thanks for taking us at the Krusty Krab, dad. Our mom never takes us here."
-"We aren't made of tin cans." "But that pile of tin cans are."
-Mr. Krabs smashing holes into wall to solve problems.
-Speaking of which, Krabs getting his comeuppance for being cheap.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
A great episode! It was very interesting that Mr. Krabs use a hole in the Krusty Krab wall as a drive-thru window. This episode didn't fail to make me laugh. I especially laughed when Plankton kept getting run over by that old man. The ending was also hilarious. This is a perfect example of a pre-movie quality episode right here. 8.5/10

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I liked the part when the krusty krab collapsed

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love this episode. My favorite part were when Larry Crashed into he tin can.
You can here Mr.Krabs say this after he accidently crashed into it...
"Hey! You delinquent."
All in all, a funny episode and a good plot!
9/10

hfjs

President Squidward said:
I love this episode. My favorite part were when Larry Crashed into he tin can.
You can here Mr.Krabs say this after he accidently crashed into it...
"Hey! You delinquent."
All in all, a funny episode and a good plot!
9/10
REMEMBER PEARL'S PRANK? THAT WAS SQUID ABUSE TO THE MAX!
ALSO, HOW WOULD KRABS' TIN CAN AND NAPKIN MENU BE BETTER THAN ACTUAL EQUIPMENT THAT SPONGEBOB POSSIBLY SPENT HIS OWN MONEY ON!
Sorry, I respect your opinions and I'm voicing mine.

Oh yeah, the Larry scene. We all know Spongebob stretch his arms millions of times around the world. WHY DIDN'T HE DO THAT? Both Plankton scenes made lol. I wish I had that car.

Back