152b. Perfect Chemistry

Giant Clam
This is my favorite post movie episode of all time.

Heck this episode is in my top FIVE of all time. So so underrated. It's a shame its sister (hehe) episode is not a good one though...

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Harratot33 said:
The best Season 7 episode by far, and, dare I say, one of the best post-movie episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants!

I can totally understand why this is Mr. Enter's favourite Modern SpongeBob episode barring 'Sand Castles In The Sand'.

Hope PIEGUYRULZ loves it!
He'll most likely put it in his top 5. I'm predicting it will be #1

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Am I the only one who doesn't like this that much? I mean, it's alright, kind of dull.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Perfect Chemistry

This episode was very good. The plot was nice. There were some funny jokes. 8.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Good one, better than it's sister episode, I liked the running gag in here...SpongeBob being a monkey, the ending, really good episode with funny moments and emotional as well! 8.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
A great episode. The story was really good and teamed up to characters very well and it had some funny humor. One of the best episodes of season 7 for sure and a nice way to end the season. Why did it have to be paired with Big Sister Sam?

8.5/10

Baloo

I GAVE YOU A JOB!
Me personally, I just think the episode is okay. The plot with Sandy and Plankton teaming up is good, and none of the characters are out of character, but the fart jokes got old, and while they weren't really annoying, I do think the humor is pretty repetitive here.

6/10

NerdyKairi

Kairi is Back
Hands down the best Season 7 episode and one of my all time favorites, I even find the fart jokes juvenile and funny. Also i felt bad for SpongeBob he´s all heartbroken and then he turns into a test monkey, pretty much one of my favorite episodes. 9.5/10

G-Bag

Imitation Krab
TheBandGeek said:
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE this episode. They should never show it again. They just get rid of it and burn all copies. I know it's harsh, but Sandy and science don't go together. And ANOTHER Plankton episode. Can we go without Plankton? God I'm mad xD 1/10

Oh and the fart jokes. That's the one thing SB didn't have and that made the show classy. But this episode ruined it.
Finally! While you may be a little harsh on the episode (It's at least better than the likes of One Coarse Meal), I'm glad to see a fan who doesn't worship the episode.
Baloo said:
Me personally, I just think the episode is okay. The plot with Sandy and Plankton teaming up is good, and none of the characters are out of character, but the fart jokes got old, and while they weren't really annoying, I do think the humor is pretty repetitive here.

6/10
Exactly, I personally think the episode is meh.

Pretty good episode, but the fart jokes got kind of annoying after a while. Plus, I think the Sandy-Plankton team up could have been handled better. Still, it's an episode worth checking out.

Final Ranking:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. Whelk Attack (A)
6. Tunnel of Glove (A)
7. The Abrasive Side (A)
8. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
9. Buried in Time (A)
10. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
11. The Wreck of the Mauna Loa (A)
12. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
13. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
14. Growth Spout (B)
15. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
16. Krusty Dogs (B)
17. Greasy Buffoons (B)
18. Perfect Chemistry (B)
19. A Day Without Tears (B)
20. I Heart Dancing (B)
21. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
22. Karate Star (B)
23. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
24. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
25. Kracked Krabs (C)
26. Gary in Love (C)
27. Love That Squid (C)
28. Shellback Shenanigans (C)
29. The Cent of Money (C)
30. Model Sponge (C)
31. The Masterpiece (C)
32. The Curse of the Hex (C)
33. Sponge-Cano! (D)
34. Back to the Past (D)
35. New Fish in Town (D)
36. The Play's the Thing (D)
37. Tentacle-Vision (D)
38. Hide and Then What Happens? (D)
39. The Main Drain (D)
40. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
41. Big Sister Sam (D)
42. You Don't Know Sponge (E)
43. Summer Job (E)
44. Rodeo Daze (E)
45. Trenchbillies (E)
46. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
47. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
48. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
49. A Pal for Gary (F-)
50. One Coarse Meal (F-)

I always thought that this season was better than Season 6. And judging by the rankings, I can say that this season is indeed better. But it's not without its flaws. There are a lot of bad episodes. But overall, there was slightly more good episodes. The Season 8 rankings probably won't happen until tomorrow but I may change my mind. Only time will tell.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
In my top 10!
11/10 Outstanding!
Hey there old me from 2021 MY OPINION CHANGED! Its just a neat-o episode. But it has "fart" humor. Still good.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Enchanted Tiki Dreams (Perfect)
Earworm (Amazing)
Perfect Chemistry (Amazing)
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Wreck of the Mauna Loa (Great)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
Love That Squid (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
Krusty Dogs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Shellback Shenanigans (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Masterpiece (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Whelk Attack (Bad)
Tunnel of Glove (Bad)
Hide and Then What Happens? (Bad)
New Fish in Town (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
Big Sister Sam (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)
You Don't Know Sponge (Despicable)

And now the completely unamusing Season 7 is over! I will rank them soon

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
At last, we reach the end of season 7 with “Perfect Chemistry”. This season was a lot of trials and tribulations, but I have made it all the same. So let’s just dispense with the formality, and get on with the show, shall we?

This episode is a stroke of genius, because it finally takes the two scientific-minded characters of the show—Plankton and Sandy—and pairs them up! “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy” was an embarrassment of an attempt at this, so I don’t count it. I really like Sandy and Plankton’s dynamic here, and it makes me excited for the possibility of seeing them in more episodes together. Unfortunately, there aren’t really any other ones that focus on their relationship like this, but I’m still hopeful. Anyway, I love that this episode makes the connection between these two characters as scientists, especially when you think of how Sandy kind of embodies the “good scientist” archetype, while Plankton is more of a “mad scientist”. Plenty of cool interactions can come from this, imo, and even the episode builds on this potential with the evil laugh bit. And there’s the small things too, like Plankton’s reactions to Sandy’s Texasisms.

Sadly, this episode isn’t perfect, despite what its name might imply. This episode’s main weakness is its beginning. I think it takes a bit too long to get to the part of the plot that we’ve been waiting for, which is Sandy and Plankton working together.

But these weaknesses don’t mean this episode is bad, not at all. I mean first off, even if there are moments where the humor is lacking, this episode is in general pretty funny. Like I loved the joke where Plankton went into what is basically a steamer with the broccoli (and speaking of this broccoli, I love how this doubled as a sleeper joke, as the reason why Plankton’s machine smells so bad is because of the broccoli, something Mr. Krabs references later in the episode. Brilliant writing right there). Everything about Plankton’s gas plan was also great, and that’s coming from someone who doesn’t care for bathroom humor. And SpongeBob’s insistence on being called lab partner, while I’m apathetic towards it at first, it does start to grow on me as the episode goes on. Sometimes you just have to roll with the punches and trust the process, you know? The whole part where SpongeBob literally dresses as a monkey was also funnier than it had any right to be. And then the whole testing part of the episode, where different parts of SpongeBob end up terrorizing Squidward (to the point that he starts pulling a Candace from Phineas & Ferb), is absolutely hilarious.

And then there’s also the certifiably fruity moment between Karen and Sandy I mean, what…you didn’t see anything. ANYWAY, I also like that this episode doesn’t take the obvious route of having SpongeBob get upset about being replaced but hiding it for Sandy’s sake, but rather Sandy actually notices SpongeBob’s distress and tries to resolve it. Like thank you for this mature handling of a friendship, can we do more of that please? And I also like how Sandy very easily saves the day, because she’s a girlboss like that LMAO. And she even manages to get her evil laugh down. Go off queen!

Well, it only took 7 seasons, but finally we have a season that has went out on a bang. Okay, maybe season 3 did, but whatever, I’m going for the more dramatic option. Anyway, I really, really liked “Perfect Chemistry”. It deserves its positive reputation for sure, because this is a really good episode. It stands out from so many others because of the differing character interactions, which I love. And these 11 minutes are absolutely hilarious, other than maybe the first minute or two. Absolutely an Amazing-tier episode. I would say one of the best of the season too, but I know it’s up against some stiff competition, so we’ll see tomorrow!

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

That’s it for season 7! I can’t believe it’s over. As always, overview will be up tomorrow, and then we’re starting with season 8 the day after that.

Back