150a. Krusty Dogs

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This episode does have its moments but the rest of the episode is just dull and kind of rips off Patty Hype in a way. 5/10

Noah Spongy

FIRETRUCK CLOWNS
It tastes just like a Krabby Patty, but it's shaped like a WEINER!

I thought this episode was hilarious, but got a bit slow at parts. Overall, a 9/10.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
this episode was not only boring but a ripoff of Patty Hype.
Patty Hype is a tough act to follow but thats why they shouldnt just rip it off and make it bad.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Krusty Dogs

This episode was bad. The plot was decent. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It's a little bit boring episode...I don't have a problem with the ''wiener'' word because I mostly watch the episodes in my main language (Greek) and it was alright ... I liked the scene with SpongeBob and Squidward trying to do ANYTHING they could so they can get ''Hot Dogs'' out of the menu :P I DID NOT like Squidward dressed up as a hamburger or a hot dog because it was kind of unfair (and people were kicking him -_~ )
I liked the beggining more than the ending... I am going to give this episode a 7/10

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
This episode is really overhated imo...I give it 6/10. It's a bit boring but the plot was decent. It wasn't funny much though and the "weiner" every 10 seconds is annoying.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I actually really liked it. This episode started off a bit boring but the second-half was great and had many hilarious jokes and lines. The characters were perfectly in-character as well. Would've been an 8.5/10 but the slow start gives it a 7.5/10

I liked this one. It's not the best, but it's good for what it is. I think it's refreshing to see something more popular than Krabby Patties. It's a good episode, and I'd recommend it.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. Whelk Attack (A)
6. Tunnel of Glove (A)
7. The Abrasive Side (A)
8. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
9. Buried in Time (A)
10. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
11. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
12. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
13. Growth Spout (B)
14. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
15. Krusty Dogs (B)
16. Greasy Buffoons (B)
17. A Day Without Tears (B)
18. I Heart Dancing (B)
19. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
20. Karate Star (B)
21. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
22. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
23. Kracked Krabs (C)
24. Gary in Love (C)
25. Shellback Shenanigans (C)
26. The Cent of Money (C)
27. Model Sponge (C)
28. The Masterpiece (C)
29. The Curse of the Hex (C)
30. Sponge-Cano! (D)
31. Back to the Past (D)
32. The Play's the Thing (D)
33. Tentacle-Vision (D)
34. Hide and Then What Happens? (D)
35. The Main Drain (D)
36. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
37. You Don't Know Sponge (E)
38. Summer Job (E)
39. Rodeo Daze (E)
40. Trenchbillies (E)
41. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
42. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
43. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
44. A Pal for Gary (F-)
45. One Coarse Meal (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Good episode. I like the execution and its got a fun plot

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Enchanted Tiki Dreams (Perfect)
Earworm (Amazing)
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
Krusty Dogs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Shellback Shenanigans (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Masterpiece (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Whelk Attack (Bad)
Tunnel of Glove (Bad)
Hide and Then What Happens? (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)
You Don't Know Sponge (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Now this episode is nostalgic…man I haven’t said that in a while, have I? I just remember seeing reruns of this episode pretty often, so that’s why it’s nostalgic for me. I also have a soft spot for this episode because its the basis of this video. See, I was waiting for the day I could bring back pamtri properly! And y’all already know I love a good “Krusty Krab Business Practices” plot, so as long as the episode brings the enjoyment, things should be smooth sailing from here. And they are!

The beginning of this episode is not particularly funny, but it is enjoyable. SpongeBob’s way of making Krabby Patties is fun to watch, and then when he starts playing around with the leftover meat, that part is pretty cute. So it’s a pretty decent beginning overall, and gets this plot rolling once SpongeBob comes up with the idea of a hot dog made out of Krabby Patty meat. Honestly, SpongeBob is a business and sustainable genius for that one, and even Mr. Krabs has to acknowledge it. And it’s always fun to see Mr. Krabs do his thing and crazy upcharge his food, and it’s even more entertaining when the Bikini Bottom populace just jumps right on board.

I’m pulled out of my immersion when we get a good look at the price of Krabby Patties, because a burger for $2??? Please sign me up right now, burgers are usually 5x that LMAO. Good ‘ol inflation, amirite. Okay now I’m just going on a tangent, let me get back to the actual review. This episode is very similar to “Bossy Boots”, with perhaps a hint of “The Krusty Sponge”, but I don’t think these similarities are glaring, and especially not a problem. It’s of course predictable that the Krusty Dogs would eventually overtake the Krabby Patties in popularity, which would then make SpongeBob upset, but this predictability is hardly an issue, because even if I know what’s going to happen, it’s done in an enjoyable way (SpongeBob’s dramatics coming through once again). Again, Mr. Krabs proves to be quite the short-sighted businessman, because why would you want to decrease your menu size??? But whatever.

I love how SpongeBob actually goes to Squidward for once because he is the one who’s dissatisfied with the way the Krusty Krab is operating. It’s a wonderful inversion. And I liked seeing SpongeBob at least try to stand up for himself a little bit here. It was in a more indirect way, but still. And then I loved SpongeBob’s plotting to get the Krusty Dogs off the menu, it’s fun to see him use his TrollBob powers for good (I mean, they’re always used for good…kinda. They’re always used for my entertainment, so that’s basically the same thing right). And then when Squidward gets in on it, it just gets better and better. I love when these two work together in a mutually cooperative capacity. The way SpongeBob resorts to borderline violent action to get what he wants…that’s what I’m talking about!

“Krusty Dogs” was a fun little episode filled with all sorts of things I love, from the plot type, to Squidward and SpongeBob working together, to tons of hilarious jokes. I don’t think I’d call this episode underrated, but it isn’t talked about very much. That’s not surprising, though, since people frequently like to focus on the bad of season 7, rather than any of the good. So I’d like to see this episode discussed more, please and thank you.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

SpongebobMaster

Dollarbob enjoyer
This is where the best line in the show comes from "Right. Something that would make Mr. Krabs' whole wiener thing blow right up in his face!"

Back