148a. The Masterpiece

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List

Review: The beginning was funny when Mr. Krabs found out that a statue from another restaurant was stealing his business. LOL. I also liked it when Squidward was makingthe statue. But, some scenes were boring and could've been better.

Rating: 7/10

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
It's an okay episode. I chuckled a few times. The statue of Krabs was really unlike Squidward, though. 6/10

This episode was a masterpiece but not one of the best season 7 episode because some parts were boring. This episode was funny and well-writen. All characters were great in this episode. Squidward was at his best in this episode and many parts made me laugh like Squidward watcing a soap opera, SpongeBob's spy stuffs, "Headbands = No Service", SpongeBob posing instead of Mr. Krabs, Squidward doing the statue poorly and the ending. It's another funny season 7 episode that It worth watching again and I recommend it. 9/10

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
A pretty good episode, it had a nice plot and some humor my only problem was the plot was a bit aimless, nothing really happened by the time the statue was finished it felt like the episode was only half way done.

Overall pretty good 7/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
This one was fairly funny. Only thing though was that it felt too short and I would have loved to see what else they could have done had the ep been a bit longer. I'm also gonna go with a 7/10 here.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I ALMOST liked this episode. Just ALMOST.

I wish this episode had more to offer. I really like the plot and there's some good jokes in here but not much. There needs more. 6/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
:patnotamused:

The most I can say, is that this episode was beyond boring. What does it really have to offer?

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: The Masterpiece

This episode was very decent. The plot was decent too. There were some funny jokes. 6.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
It's kind of meh, boring and as Pinhead Larry said it's so slow...it felt like a 22min length episode...funny at times plus the ending , but never a fan of this episode..5/10 and totally agree with what Pinhead Larry wrote TOTALLY

Pinhead Larry said:
This episode was so slow, and only funny in parts. I think the fact this topic only has 11 replies says it all really.

4/10
EXACTLY

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Guilty pleasure episode. It was dull and fell short but I really liked the jokes for some reason and the pacing didn't bother me much.

6/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
Eh, this episode was pretty decent, but I felt that it was just lacking. Not to say that it was horrible or anything, but I this episode was forgettable and bland. The whole episode was kinda boring and slow, which is something that definitely brings down my ratings. There were a few funny jokes like the mashing maw of consumerism (which is actually true in many ways), SpongeBob's spy stuff, and Squidward doing the statue poorly, but it wasn't hilarious. At least all of the characters were likeable here, so I can enjoy this episode a little bit more. In conclusion, this is not a masterpiece by any means, but it was attempting to do something original. I give it a 7/10.

A very forgettable episode. It's not bad, but there could have been more jokes, and the plot is just... off. But overall, another very harmless episode, and I don't find it bad. Just okay.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. The Abrasive Side (A)
6. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
7. Buried in Time (A)
8. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
9. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
10. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
11. Growth Spout (B)
12. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Greasy Buffoons (B)
14. A Day Without Tears (B)
15. I Heart Dancing (B)
16. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
17. Karate Star (B)
18. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
19. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
20. Kracked Krabs (C)
21. Gary in Love (C)
22. Shellback Shenanigans (C)
23. The Cent of Money (C)
24. Model Sponge (C)
25. The Masterpiece (C)
26. The Curse of the Hex (C)
27. Sponge-Cano! (D)
28. Back to the Past (D)
29. The Play's the Thing (D)
30. Tentacle-Vision (D)
31. Hide and Then What Happens? (D)
32. The Main Drain (D)
33. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
34. Summer Job (E)
35. Rodeo Daze (E)
36. Trenchbillies (E)
37. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
38. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
39. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
40. A Pal for Gary (F-)
41. One Coarse Meal (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
NOT A MASTERPIECE! This is the opposite of a masterpiece. Its got flat humor. and looked stupid. But it was nice to see Squidward's statue being based.

Rating: Alright Episode

Rankings:
Enchanted Tiki Dreams (Perfect)
Earworm (Amazing)
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Shellback Shenanigans (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Masterpiece (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Hide and Then What Happens? (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ah, if it isn’t the episode I get mixed up with “Fiasco!” from time to time. This episode is better than that one though (from what I can remember), so I really shouldn’t be getting them mixed up.

Y’all know I love a good “Krusty Krab Business Practices” plot, so this episode already has the conceptual advantage, and I think it makes use of this advantage pretty well. The beginning of this episode is fun, with SpongeBob performing his opening duties so…gravely. And I love how Squidward’s simply watching a soap opera, him being an awful employee is always hilarious to me. SpongeBob being so eager to spy on the competition is adorable as well, and brings to mind “Spy Buddies”, which I think works to this episode’s advantage, because that’s a pretty positive association. His disguise actually made me laugh when I first saw it, so that’s great. And I love how in the end, the giant statue ends up captivating SpongeBob too. Great use of the child-adult line that has been oh-so neglected (not by the show, but by me lol).

Moving on, once Mr. Krabs gets the idea to have a statue put up of him for kids to play on, the whole part where SpongeBob makes him guess who he’s thinking of drags on for quite a bit and it’s boring, so that’s definitely a low point for the episode thus far. Things get good again once Squidward fully gets on his “I’m an artistic genius” thing, which is always fun to see. Him being conceited is fun. And SpongeBob acting as his assistant is cute. The montage of Squidward creating the sculpture was also great and visually interesting, not to mention set to one of my favorite tracks, Earl’s Revenge. I think this episode shows that Squidward actually is a pretty talented artist (his problem is that he’s a narcissist).

And then we get the reveal of Squidward’s masterpiece, and Mr. Krabs’ reaction is a great visual gag. I actually like the statue Squidward ends up making, though of course it’s not at all suitable to be played on. And when Squidward starts talking about consumerism and stuff, I start to think of “Squid on Strike”…I swear one of these writers is really anti-capitalist I’m telling you! (no, the real answer is that it’s cool to be anti-capitalist to a certain degree, but never actually being anti-capitalist). When SpongeBob plays on the statue, my mind goes straight to that one moment in Gravity Falls with the hot air balloon LMAO. And once again SpongeBob is both hilarious and cute in this episode, I love it. And the ending of this episode is cute as well, and I love a good pun ending.

“The Masterpiece” is a perfectly fine episode. It has one or two not so great moments, but for the most part it’s alright or better than alright. Not particularly great, but not so bad either. I like how even though it uses the very common trio of SpongeBob, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward, this episode shakes things up a bit by 1) making SpongeBob take on a lesser role, and 2) using Squidward’s status as an artist to interact with normal Krusty Krab shenanigans. It makes for some very enjoyable interactions, and I like that a lot.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.6/10

Squidwardiard

Frozen Cephalopod
I think this is a great example of a "fine" episode imo. I think it's perfectly fine. Not amazing, but not bad either. I like the story, but it's not the most exciting. Mr. Krabs trying to utilize Squidward's interest in art for his business is interesting to watch. The episode has some funny moments. Like when Squidward asks for an assistant, and Mr. Krabs just hands him SpongeBob. Or when Mr. Krabs says the statue is "a piece alright, a piece of junk!" The statue Squidward creates has a very interesting design though! So overall, a decent and fine enough episode, but definitely not the greatest or most memorable episode ever.

Back