147a. Hide and Then What Happens?

I actually sort of liked this one. The first scene was extrememely annoying. I could tell the humor writers were going for, but it just wasn't written well enough. Although I did like the sock puppet gag. Anyway once the actual game began I thought it was pretty good. Spongebob going everywhere searching for Patrick was pretty funny. And Patrick Notstar was really funny. It hilarious when he was like "Did you have fun playing?". I thought that was a pretty hilarious joke but then I realized they were serious. Yep, the moral of this episode is "it doesn't matter if you win or lose, it just matters if you have fun playing". Come on, don't you have Nick. Jr. for that kind of stuff? Overall an okkay episode.

6/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I hate this episode. It's kind of like Hocus Pocus where we already know what happened to a character. In Hocus Pocus, SB and Pat thought Squid transformed into Ice Cream, even though we see Squid after, and in here it's kind of the same thing. We know where Patrick is. He was in his rock the whole time. That also ruins that AWFUL twist. WE KNOW WHERE PATRICK IS. We weren't going to think "Oh yeah! That's where Patrick is." Because we knew before hand. Also if Patrick NotStar was supposed to be for a gag. It failed HARD. 0/10

MissTree

Moby Dollar
this episode felt like it was talking down to the audience and it had a plot hole too: Patrick DOES know how to play. Everyone does!

And like Bl4ze said, why waste so much time when Patrick was in the obvious spot? maybe if the searching was only a 20 second montage it might have worked

BobCarotte

meep
This episode was so boring. The only good part of this episode was Patrick NotStar. 5.5/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Hide and Then What Happens?

This episode was atrocious. The plot was kinda bland. I only liked the appearance of "Patrick NoStar." There were one or two funny jokes. 4/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
What were the writers thinking? One thing I have to say about the episode? It's terrible! It tends to be unoriginal because we all know about hide and seek, and the plot executes it poorly. Very boring because nothing really happens in the episode, except for the appearance of Patrick NotStar (How original. -_- Funny how it IS my favorite part of the episode, and the only GOOD part period.). Not funny in the slightest, stupid, and lacks any funny jokes.

The answer to Hide and Then What Happens? NOTHING!
1.5/10

The Appetizer

shapes and noises
2/10

Probably one of the dullest episodes I've seen. I do have the feeling that the writers were trying to be "cute" on this episode, but failed horribly. "Hocus Pocus" rip-off to the max. I'm rating this 2/10 because of Patrick Not-Star. Don't like that Patrick didn't know SpongeBob's name. :bullshrimp:

Redeeming Qualities-
The End of the World Cafe and Gift Shop
Patrick Not-Star

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
This episode is sorta overhated but it's not necessarily a good episode it's pretty boring but I really did like the character Patrick Notstar but this episode is meh for me

Grade: 5/10

Best Character: Patrick Notstar

Best Line: Well then it's ok to lose as long as you have fun doing it

Best Moment: Same moment as the line above

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This one is pretty boring, it's not very funny and the plot is stupid, and Patrick is an idiot in this episode.

2.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
The MOST BORING EPISODE OF SPONGEBOB, FOR SURE....I hate being BORED while watching my favourite cartoon...I HATE THIS EPISODE...This episode is POINTLESS, NOTHING , and when I say nothing I mean it, NOTHING was GOOD in this episode, NOTHING, I did not enjoy the ''Patrick NotStar'' scene like many did...I enjoyed absolute NOTHING about this episode, it is pointless, and like someone said before DO NOT WATCH IT...BORING ALERT :P I am giving it a 0/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode sucks really bad, every character is dumb, the story is one of the worst, and nothing made me laugh, 2/10 awful.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Hide and then What Happens? (S7-E147-A)

This episode's boring. I fell sleepy in this episode. Why? Because SpongeBob failed to start finding Patrick Star in his rock. He thinks its too obvious, so he skips Patrick's rock and find in other places instead. :facepalm: SpongeBob finding Patrick at other places instead of his rock, which is the filler in this episode, is just boring and a waste of 11 min and 25 sec. -_- But I do like Patrick Not Star.

Final Score = 1/10 :thumbdown: :patboo:

And there goes the streak of great episodes. This one isn't that good. There's a lot of filler, the plot is boring, and there's a very big plot hole. The only thing I liked here was Patrick NotStar.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. The Abrasive Side (A)
6. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
7. Buried in Time (A)
8. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
9. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
10. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
11. Growth Spout (B)
12. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Greasy Buffoons (B)
14. A Day Without Tears (B)
15. I Heart Dancing (B)
16. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
17. Karate Star (B)
18. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
19. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
20. Kracked Krabs (C)
21. Gary in Love (C)
22. The Cent of Money (C)
23. Model Sponge (C)
24. The Curse of the Hex (C)
25. Sponge-Cano! (D)
26. Back to the Past (D)
27. The Play's the Thing (D)
28. Tentacle-Vision (D)
29. Hide and Then What Happens? (D)
30. The Main Drain (D)
31. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
32. Summer Job (E)
33. Rodeo Daze (E)
34. Trenchbillies (E)
35. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
36. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
37. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
38. A Pal for Gary (F-)
39. One Coarse Meal (F-)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode was mainly boring. It didn't annoy me that much but honestly I think this episode would've been better if they didn't reveal the twist so early. It's on the lighter side of bad because it does have a good message about how even if you lose, you still had fun.

Bad Episode (4/10)

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
This is a highly forgettable episode. The plot is simple, most of the gags are either repetitive or annoying, and there really isn't any tension since we're shown where Patrick is hiding. The part where SpongeBob reached The end of the world café and gift shop was pretty funny and interesting, but for the most part it's a slog to get through.

Overall Ranking: 3.5 Obvious Hiding Spots out of 10

Back