146b. Earworm

hasfarr

your mom

Earworm, one of the weirdest episodes in SBSP history has SpongeBob getting a song stuck in his head. The song, "The Musical Doodle", shows yet again how good the staff is at writing songs. After a week of editing and audio equalizing, I put together a full version of the song. And yet DadMom AngryPants STILL has more views than me... JERK!

I'm just kidding. Discuss the episode!

ssj4gogita4

Squidward Tortellini
Staff
Easily one of my least favorites. It's the repetitiveness just like All That Glitters (crying) and Funny Pants (laughing) that makes it horrific.

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
After getting over the catchiness of the song ... I actually don't like this episode. Or rather, as seems to be the case a lot these days, I liked the idea but didn't like the way they approached it. I find the second half (where he goes crazy) to be pretty much unwatchable. :(

I wish they would tone down the craziness and start making episodes that are ... well, nice. Sweet and gentle, without being corny. Pleasant to watch.

hasfarr

your mom
After getting over the catchiness of the song ... I actually don't like this episode. Or rather, as seems to be the case a lot these days, I liked the idea but didn't like the way they approached it. I find the second half (where he goes crazy) to be pretty much unwatchable. :(

I wish they would tone down the craziness and start making episodes that are ... well, nice. Sweet and gentle, without being corny. Pleasant to watch.
So far, they're doing a better job.

It used to be my favorite season 7 episode until I've seen better season 7 episodes than this but It's still one of my favorite season 7 episodes and I thought this episode was better than "The Abrasive Side" episode. I really liked the idea of SpongeBob getting a earworm and Musical Doodle song, Sandy's Western song and Mr. Krabs song were very catchy. This episode wasn't funny in my opinion but there were a few funny parts like Mr. Krabs saying "All right boys, time to go ho-" and then Squidward running out and saying "FREEDOM", SpongeBob annoying the customers, SpongeBob going crazy and the ending. I can understand why some people thought this episode was annoying but I didn't think. In my opinion, this episode was very enjoyable. 10/10

BrickSponge2015

See You Ocean Man...
I really liked this one. The song is still stuck in my head to this very day. 7.5/10
Someone should make a smiley of SpongeBob going insane...

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Oh Squidward really does listen to public radio, Gary still has a record player under his shell and Spongebob still has that snail clock.

Anyways, this a pretty boring episode and somewhat annoying at times too. Nothing really happened until the last 3 minutes or so when spongebob went crazy and the whole ear worm thing was kinda shoehorned in there and there wasn't really anything funny here at all.

5/10

Also I have to say that Regular Show did a better job at an episode where someone has a song stuck in there head.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
What olive green fish?

You know the one. A slender fish with a round head colored olive green. Has been in a number of post-movie episodes, but doesn't always have the same voice. In this instance it was Rodger who was obviously voicing him, and he couldn't de-Squidwardize his voice enough to make it believable.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Annoying and frustrating. I'm surprised no one really hates on this episode more. I don't think its APFG bad but it's still bad enough. 2.5/10

Spongebob07

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I always loved this episode
One of my season 7 favs with I heart dancing squidward in clarinet land and enchanted tiki dreams

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Booooring.

This episode makes me yawn, and is not good in any way. Though, the "Musical Doodle" song has gotten stuck in my head a couple of times, I will admit ._.

Round and round, the record spins all day...

Back