146b. Earworm

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Earworm

This episode was bad. The plot was kinda meh. The song was kinda stuck in my head to be honest. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

BobCarotte

meep
I kinda liked this song. However, this episode became boring when SpongeBob went crazy, but it was a decent episode. 7/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Personally, this is my favourite season 7 episode since I was little, and it still is! I love this song (I had that worm as well with that song on July 2014, because I was listening all day and night) ,the plot is creative, and the ending is so funny...but come on guys, Squid's clarinet music isn't that bad :( But I loved that episode.. 10/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
The most underrated episode in the history of underrated episodes. The story was great and so hilarious. The song was fantastic and it was sweet and interesting to see all of SpongeBob's friends sing him weird songs to get the earworm out. SpongeBob going crazy was great too. This is favorite season 7 episode. I really wish seasons 6 and 7 had more episodes like this with good plots that weren't extremely boring and decent humor and characterizations.

9/10

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
I really appreciate this episode a lot. It is very relatable, and to be honest, the way SpongeBob goes insane is pretty much exactly what's going on in my head. I really love how it's actually an earworm the song SpongeBob gets stuck in his head. I think that is a brilliant decision. It's just a very fun episode besides that, I like seeing between other characters, and it's great. One of my favorites of Season 7.

How many great Season 7 episodes are there gonna be? I love this one! The song is really catchy, the plot is relatable, and there are some funny moments. Plus I love SpongeBob's breaking point.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. Earworm (A+)
3. The Inside Job (A+)
4. The Great Patty Caper (A)
5. The Abrasive Side (A)
6. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
7. Buried in Time (A)
8. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
9. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (A)
10. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
11. Growth Spout (B)
12. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Greasy Buffoons (B)
14. A Day Without Tears (B)
15. I Heart Dancing (B)
16. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
17. Karate Star (B)
18. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
19. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
20. Kracked Krabs (C)
21. Gary in Love (C)
22. The Cent of Money (C)
23. Model Sponge (C)
24. The Curse of the Hex (C)
25. Sponge-Cano! (D)
26. Back to the Past (D)
27. The Play's the Thing (D)
28. Tentacle-Vision (D)
29. The Main Drain (D)
30. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
31. Summer Job (E)
32. Rodeo Daze (E)
33. Trenchbillies (E)
34. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
35. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
36. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
37. A Pal for Gary (F-)
38. One Coarse Meal (F-)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I love this episode but the song is catchy but annoying. Funny and memorable.

Rating: Amazing Episode

Rankings:
Enchanted Tiki Dreams (Perfect)
Earworm (Amazing)
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
The Abrasive Side (Bad)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
“Earworm” is yet another episode that needed a rewatch big-time. The one thing I could remember about this episode was the hilariously unsettling scene of SpongeBob rocking in the corner with that earworm in his head. I also remembered that this episode was very relatable to me because I get songs stuck in my head all the time, though they don’t typically bother me…or drive me to insanity lol.

This episode begins with a gorgeous, gorgeous background…I swear these episodes that aired 10 years ago are listening to my reviews. And I love that this background can be seen for a minute or two as this scene in the Krusty Krab goes on, and even afterward! Anyway, I appreciate that the earworm that SpongeBob has is not annoying. It seems we have learned from the wayward days of “Choir Boys” or even “Squeaky Boots”. It’s actually rather catchy, which is of course the point. This episode is a lot like the Regular Show episode “This is My Jam”, and this makes sense considering the two episodes use the same basic plot. But of course, that episode is a lot more chaotic, being a Regular Show episode, although this episode definitely competes in that arena.

I love all the visuals that come with SpongeBob’s little earworm, like his dancing, or him literally flying through the air. It adds an interesting element to the episode, which I appreciate. I also love that apparently Gary is a record player, which is a great bit of consistency from “Your Shoe’s Untied”.

Eventually, SpongeBob starts exhibiting some…odd…behavior, as he can’t control his movements at all because of this song. The way this episode slowly shows him going kind of insane is great, I love the pacing here. I also like that SpongeBob’s chosen method of dealing with this earworm is by simply letting it play out. It reminds me a lot of “I Heart Dancing” because of how he’s just dancing around trying (and failing) to do his job. That’s also kind of how I deal with my earworms, except I don’t really outwardly show that I have them lol.

And then SpongeBob just about snaps, and this part is hilarious to me. Or I suppose like I said earlier, hilariously unsettling. Like he wrecks the kitchen, writing doodle on the wall and doing a bunch of other weird stuff. I’m just laughing at this point. I love when SpongeBob dives off the deep end, like in “To Save A Squirrel”. And speaking of that episode, this episode has a surprise Sandy appearance, which I’m happy with. More Sandy means more wins for me. We also get a surprise Patrick appearance, which means that this episode has the big 5 all together, which hey I’m cool with that! In fact, I’m very happy with that. We need more episodes involving the whole gang.

And speaking of the whole gang, I really enjoyed this section where they all tried to come up with another catchy song to drive the earworm out, and that’s really how it is for me, like I never don’t have an earworm lol. Though usually I have multiple songs so none of them are particularly salient. Right now I have the bases of some sparta remixes stuck in my head, and this song, if you’re curious LMAO. And I love that what gets rid of the earworm is Squidward’s awful clarinet playing. And of course, the episode ends with Squidward getting his own little earworm, and his abrupt shift from satisfaction to horror is a hilarious note to end things on.

“Earworm” is a really, really good episode. I have no problems with it at all. The pacing in this episode is just so good, and I love the characters involved here. And the episode is also just hilarious, and relatable. Nothing else I can really say.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.5/10

Last edited:

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This episode was insane by the 2nd half SpongeBob literally lost it and the song is very catchy and I can relate to this episode! very fun too one of the best season 7 episode even tho it kind of drags

Last edited:

Jovanaspongebobfan88

Floating Shopping List
I love this episode so much!!!I love the musical doodle so much!!It always gets stuck in my head.The funnier scene was SpongeBob imagining Mr Krabs singing musical doodle.It always cracks me up.This episode is 10/10

SpongebobMaster

This episode was insane by the 2nd half SpongeBob literally lost it and the song is very catchy and I can relate to this episode! very fun too one of the best season 7 episode even tho it kind of drags
eh it doesn't drag
  1. Enchanted Tiki Dreams (13/10)
  2. Growth Spout (10/10)
  3. Squidward In Clarinetland (9.5/10)
  4. Earworm (9.5/10)
  5. Gary In love (9.5/10)
  6. The Inside Job (9/10)
  7. I ❤️ Dancing (9/10)
  8. The Great Patty Caper (9/10)
  9. The Curse Of Bikini Bottom (9/10)
  10. The Abrasive Side (8.5/10)
  11. Tentacle Vision (8.5/10)
  12. Greasy Buffoons (8/10)
  13. Buried In TIme (8/10)
  14. Back To The Past (8/10)
  15. The Bad Guys Club For Villains (8/10)
  16. Welcome To The Bikini Bottom Triangle (8/10)
  17. Spongebob's Last Stand (7.5/10)
  18. Kracked Krabs (7/10)
  19. Model Sponge (6.5/10)
  20. Sponge-Cano! (6.5/10)
  21. Karate Star (5.5/10)
  22. That Sinking Feeling (5/10)
  23. A Day Without Tears (2.5/10)
  24. The Plays The Thing (2.5/10)
  25. Yours Mine And Mine (2/10)
  26. The Monster Who Came To Bikini bottom (1.5/10)
  27. Grammas Secret Recipe (1.5/10)
  28. The Curse Of The Hex (1.5/10)
  29. Summer Job (1/10)
  30. Rodeo Daze (1/10)
  31. The Main Drain (1/10)
  32. The Cent Of Money (0.5/10)
  33. Trenchbilles (0.5/10)
  34. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (0.5/10)
  35. Stuck In The Wringer (0/10)
  36. Someones In The Kitchen With Sandy (0/10)
  37. A pal for Gary (0/10)
  38. One Coarse Meal (-99999999/10)

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Thought I'd review this one, because I've been meaning to review this one for a while now.

Funny story: This episode is banned in my house because of the Musical Doodle. I'm not joking when I say this, "Earworm" is banned in my house, I'm only allowed to watch it from my phone or up in my room, I can't turn this one on in the living room. It's hilarious because this all started when me and my sister would sing it all the time.

But for the episode itself. I love this one and wish it wasn't banned in my house (which might have been partially my fault to begin with), and I believe its one of the best of Season 7, a notorious season among the fandom. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't judge an episode by the season it's in, Season 7 might not be the greatest and might be the Season of the awful "One Coarse Meal" and the almost as bad "A Pal for Gary". It's also the season with "Stuck in the Wringer", my least favorite, "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy", and "Yours Mine and Mine". All awful in my opinion. But then in Season 7 there's some really good episodes like "Enchanted Tiki Dreams", "The Abrasive Side" and of course the episode I'm reviewing: "Earworm".

I'm getting sidetracked though, this isn't about Season 7. But to begin, let's bring up the background. They really had a good background in this episode, just wanted to point it out.

I like how the first thing we even hear in the episode is SpongeBob singing the Musical Doodle, which immediately signaled to my parents that this episode was on. Yeah, they don't like this one, not at all. Which honestly just gave me another reason to like it. But the song was never annoying to me, there isn't some shrill or squeaky screech I have to listen to like in "Choir Boys". To mention "Choir Boys", remember when SpongeBob was secretly some super good singer? Wonder why we only get to see that a few times, other times he just sounds like SpongeBob. Maybe it's like a power or something that only works sometimes, because if I were to bring up the "Striped Sweater Song" from "As Seen on TV", you'd say he was an awful singer, but if I were to bring up "Sweet Victory" from "Band Geeks", one of the most widely known SpongeBob songs, you'd say he was an amazing singer.

Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot of super small details (which makes me sad), but I do remember the next really interesting part when SpongeBob plays it over and over again. I do the same thing with my favorite songs. Like with Lithium by Nirvana, that was the only song I'd listen to for a while. Not anymore, but it did happen.

And then, we see SpongeBob go completely insane. I liked this part for the same reason I liked the "Are You Happy Now?" ending, I like seeing them go completely insane.

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Thought I'd review this one, because I've been meaning to review this one for a while now.

Funny story: This episode is banned in my house because of the Musical Doodle. I'm not joking when I say this, "Earworm" is banned in my house, I'm only allowed to watch it from my phone or up in my room, I can't turn this one on in the living room. It's hilarious because this all started when me and my sister would sing it all the time.

But for the episode itself. I love this one and wish it wasn't banned in my house (which might have been partially my fault to begin with), and I believe its one of the best of Season 7, a notorious season among the fandom. I'm a firm believer that you shouldn't judge an episode by the season it's in, Season 7 might not be the greatest and might be the Season of the awful "One Coarse Meal" and the almost as bad "A Pal for Gary". It's also the season with "Stuck in the Wringer", my least favorite, "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy", and "Yours Mine and Mine". All awful in my opinion. But then in Season 7 there's some really good episodes like "Enchanted Tiki Dreams", "The Abrasive Side" and of course the episode I'm reviewing: "Earworm".

I'm getting sidetracked though, this isn't about Season 7. But to begin, let's bring up the background. They really had a good background in this episode, just wanted to point it out.

I like how the first thing we even hear in the episode is SpongeBob singing the Musical Doodle, which immediately signaled to my parents that this episode was on. Yeah, they don't like this one, not at all. Which honestly just gave me another reason to like it. But the song was never annoying to me, there isn't some shrill or squeaky screech I have to listen to like in "Choir Boys". To mention "Choir Boys", remember when SpongeBob was secretly some super good singer? Wonder why we only get to see that a few times, other times he just sounds like SpongeBob. Maybe it's like a power or something that only works sometimes, because if I were to bring up the "Striped Sweater Song" from "As Seen on TV", you'd say he was an awful singer, but if I were to bring up "Sweet Victory" from "Band Geeks", one of the most widely known SpongeBob songs, you'd say he was an amazing singer.

Unfortunately, I don't remember a lot of super small details (which makes me sad), but I do remember the next really interesting part when SpongeBob plays it over and over again. I do the same thing with my favorite songs. Like with Lithium by Nirvana, that was the only song I'd listen to for a while. Not anymore, but it did happen.

And then, we see SpongeBob go completely insane. I liked this part for the same reason I liked the "Are You Happy Now?" ending, I like seeing them go completely insane.
NO I DIDN'T MEAN TO PUBLISH IT YET

SpongebobMaster

Also the lyrics of the song help what the episode is about like:
The sound in your head is brutal
Now you're infected by the musical doodle
or
The song that you ran from is back again
You wonder if the madness with ever end,
Trying to stop it is futile
So just listen now to my musical doodle

SpongebobMaster

also its one of those that you love or hate and the people who hate it have the dumbest complains

Back