145a. Buried in Time

TheHallMonitor52

Imitation Krab
HIGHLIGHT:EVERYTHING IS CHROME IN THE FUTURE!
LOWLIGHT:Plankton eating the formula and.... EWWWWW

This episode is pretty good,many of the jokes work, there's a man ray style magazine in the background which is pretty neat AND EVERYTHING IS CHROME IN THE FUTURE

7/10-A very good episode

I thought this would be boring, but boy was I wrong. I quite liked it! It's got a great plot, and some jokes were quite funny, such as Patrick's vision of the future. Definitely an episode I'd recommend from this season.

Ranking so far:
1. That Sinking Feeling (A+)
2. The Inside Job (A+)
3. The Great Patty Caper (A)
4. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
5. Buried in Time (A)
6. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
7. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
8. Growth Spout (B)
9. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
10. Greasy Buffoons (B)
11. A Day Without Tears (B)
12. I Heart Dancing (B)
13. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
14. Karate Star (B)
15. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
16. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
17. Kracked Krabs (C)
18. Gary in Love (C)
19. The Cent of Money (C)
20. Model Sponge (C)
21. The Curse of the Hex (C)
22. Sponge-Cano! (D)
23. Back to the Past (D)
24. The Play's the Thing (D)
25. Tentacle-Vision (D)
26. The Main Drain (D)
27. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
28. Summer Job (E)
29. Rodeo Daze (E)
30. Trenchbillies (E)
31. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
32. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
33. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
34. A Pal for Gary (F-)
35. One Coarse Meal (F-)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Hey hey, now this is an episode that I haven’t seen in a long while! Funny that this episode is about time capsules, because the episode itself is almost a time capsule of the last time I watched it, which had to be before this decade.

I like how the beginning of this episode had lots of little tidbits for me, the known overanalyzer and detail looker, to enjoy. Particularly with the giant can of tartar sauce (which, funny that two season 7 episodes have tartar sauce play a big role like this). This can has been in the Krusty Krab for 50 years, meaning the Krusty Krab has likely been open for around 50 years. Also, its best buy date said May 1st, which as we all know is the anniversary date for SpongeBob SquarePants! And lastly, I love how the serving size is “one dollop”, and apparently there were 1,000,000 servings in that can, which means that there’s likely been 1,000,000 Krabby Patties made. Fun! This also means that this episode must take place after “Clams” haha. The reason I just went crazy over these little details is because honestly, until like season 9b or 10, this show did not do very many freeze-frame bonuses like this. So I can only take what I can get.

I also like that this episode shows that Mr. Krabs is a very good businessman, turning his old can of tartar sauce into a time capsule. Very smart, very creative. And Mr. Krabs’ souvenir selling is exactly what it’s like buying merch at concerts sometimes. But unlike Mr. Krabs, I actually want to support the artists, so I always buy the merch and leave a tip lol (dang, that reminds me, I have a concert I’m going to in like a week, yay I’m excited).

Squidward is such a jerkbutt in this episode, but it’s hilarious so I don’t mind. In fact, I like when he’s a jerk. The way he completely mocks that lady is hilarious, he’s such an a-hole LMAO. I’m glad that lady was unfazed though, it’s funnier that way. Well, it’s also funny when people beat Squidward up, so I woulda been fine either way. And the way he appoints himself as the decider of what people 50 years from now get to unearth is so very him, being the “cultured” individual he believes he is. We love in-character writing!

And then we get the appearances of both Patrick and Plankton, as Patrick, SpongeBob, and Squidward get stuck in the time capsule (”Wishing You Well”, anyone?), and Plankton decides to use this chance to get the formula since apparently Mr. Krabs left a copy of it in there. I love how we see Mr. Krabs put the formula in there, and apparently not notice SpongeBob, Patrick, or Squidward lol. And of course, Squidward is the only one to freak out about this. Funny that this episode is so soon after “That Sinking Feeling”, huh? Plankton is kind of unnecessary in this episode, but honestly he feels more like a side plot than an actual focus of the episode, so it doesn’t bother me. It’s fun to watch SpongeBob and Patrick figure out how they’re going to spend the next 50 years of their time. The Twister parody is cute too.

I also adored that this episode referenced “SB-129” by having all of Bikini Bottom be chrome. Now that’s what we call a good easter egg for fans of the show! And before anyone even gets close to thinking this is what I mean, this is not a knock on the easter eggs and references of the double digit seasons, because I love those a lot. So don’t put words in my mouth. Anyway, these daydreams of what the future might be like are fun, and definitely showcase a lot about our characters here, which I love. Character-driven writing…what’s not to love?

Finally, the SpongeBob-Patrick-Squidward plot intersects with Plankton’s plot, which is what leads to their freedom. Squidward’s assumption that they all aged 50 years is hilarious to watch, and definitely not something I expected out of the episode, so this is a pleasant surprise. I love when Squidward has his moments of insanity like this because they are always so funny. And the ending of this episode is great. I love how for once Plankton actually gets the formula, but he’s limited by his own biology in the end lmao. I wonder what ended up happening with that. Maybe it’s better I don’t know. Everyone say goodbye to Chief Taravana, because this is the last time we hear this song in the show.

Okay one tiny, tiny little nitpick that’s so tiny it doesn’t even matter. But is it just me, or is there something weird about this time card in this episode? It’s off center, and it looks like something I can make in PowerPoint with my Krabby Patty font. It just don’t look right. What, did they finish the episode and realize they wanted to put in a time card or something? I’m lost.

“Buried in Time” was a perfectly fine episode. Nothing too great about it, but nothing bad either. A perfectly normal, average episode. So basically, a good “Great” tier episode, since it wasn’t exactly lacking in any department either.

Episode Tier: Great
Episode Score:
8.3/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Passable episode for me. Its funny. and cool.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
That Sinking Feeling (Great)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
Buried in Time (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
Karate Star (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
The Great Patty Caper (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Sponge-Cano! (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Yeah I guess this one was good I dunno what do you want me to say its a SEASON 7 EPISODE
  1. Growth Spout (10/10)
  2. Squidward In Clarinetland (9.5/10)
  3. Gary In love (9.5/10)
  4. The Inside Job (9/10)
  5. I ❤️ Dancing (9/10)
  6. The Great Patty Caper (9/10)
  7. The Curse Of Bikini Bottom (9/10)
  8. Tentacle Vision (8.5/10)
  9. Greasy Buffoons (8/10)
  10. Buried In TIme (8/10)
  11. Back To The Past (8/10)
  12. The Bad Guys Club For Villains (8/10)
  13. Welcome To The Bikini Bottom Triangle (8/10)
  14. Spongebob's Last Stand (7.5/10)
  15. Kracked Krabs (7/10)
  16. Model Sponge (6.5/10)
  17. Sponge-Cano! (6.5/10)
  18. Karate Star (5.5/10)
  19. That Sinking Feeling (5/10)
  20. A Day Without Tears (2.5/10)
  21. The Plays The Thing (2.5/10)
  22. Yours Mine And Mine (2/10)
  23. The Monster Who Came To Bikini bottom (1.5/10)
  24. Grammas Secret Recipe (1.5/10)
  25. The Curse Of The Hex (1.5/10)
  26. Summer Job (1/10)
  27. Rodeo Daze (1/10)
  28. The Main Drain (1/10)
  29. The Cent Of Money (0.5/10)
  30. Trenchbilles (0.5/10)
  31. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (0.5/10)
  32. Stuck In The Wringer (0/10)
  33. Someones In The Kitchen With Sandy (0/10)
  34. A pal for Gary (0/10)
  35. One Coarse Meal (-99999999/10)

Back