142a. Trenchbillies

ImAGoofyGooberRock

Goofy Goober
This stereotypes rednecks to the point of incest. I'm the furthest thing from a redneck yet I still feel offended.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I hate this episode but I don't really know why. I can't really say why but I just hate this episode with a burning passion. It's probably because of the fact that the Trenchbillies are annoying as hell and try to torment SB and Pat for no reason....OK.. I guess I have a reason now.. 0/10

Captain Stupid

Moby Dollar
This episode isn't very bad, but not very entertaining either. The ending is pretty terrible, but I did like the competitions, though. 4/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Trenchbillies

This episode was horrible. The plot was really bland. The trenchbillies were ugly and gross. Spongebob and Patrick were just too annoying. I think i only liked one joke. 2/10

Giant Clam
Ehh this was pretty lame, not funny in the slightest, a bit gross and offensive, but not a TOTAL disaster. There were some bits that were okay at best, but still not a very good episode.

4/10.

Ol Bold and Brash

Hu Tao stan
I find this episode to be a guilty pleasure, most of the dumb moments are just so dumb they're oddly funny to me (like when the Trenchbilly playing the banjo explodes)

Grade: 7/10

Best Character: SpongeBob and Patrick

Best Line: I think I shattered my abacus

Best Moment: The silly contest

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode is the worst of the LOBB bunch. Not only was it unfunny, it had some very forced and mean-spirited stereotypes. Normally,I don't really care about mean spirited stuff, but this time, it made me angry. The design of the Trenchbillies were hideous and looked odious. It sounded way too much just a redneck stereotype episode, and it makes it uncreative. I've seen better from Aaron Springer, I know he can do better than this. SB and Patrick also acted somewhat OOC, but not terribly OOC, regarding the other problems this mess of an episode had. There was only one joke that I liked, and that was it.

1.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Really slow episode, really dull plot fulled with stereotypes and obnoxious NEW characters....Madame Hafish was a good character IMO, but these Trenchbillies or whatever are they called, are just DULL, irritatting and idiots....would never want them back for a new episode....Also, this episode it's so boring...from the very beggining to the very ending....the scenes I liked were mostly (and only) from the middle of the episode , like SB competing with these annoying characters called ''Trenchbillies'' , that didn't bother me, I did enjoy that...the only thing I did enjoy....the worst scene out all of them was the Krusty Krab scene...all of it...it wass soooo slowww..annddd boooring...can't stand to rewatch that...2/10 !

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Wtf was this episode. It was just gross, loud, bland, irritating, and dumb with terrible stereotypes. What happened to Aaron Springer in seasons 6 and 7?

2/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: The Legends of Bikini Bottom: Trenchbillies (S7-E142-A)

This episode is mediocre. I mostly don't like the style of the characters, the trenchbillies, in this episode. But I do like the Ma Anglerfish marrying Mr. Krabs in the ending. If Mrs. Puff was there, she'll be very jealous. Anyway, this episode is incest.

Final Score = 1/10

One of the most stereotypical episodes of the show. It also wasn't remotely funny. Yeah, there were a few jokes, but the whole episode felt very boring to me. It's the worst LOBB episode, and I'm not too big about it.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
5. Growth Spout (B)
6. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
7. Greasy Buffoons (B)
8. A Day Without Tears (B)
9. I Heart Dancing (B)
10. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
11. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
12. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Kracked Krabs (C)
14. Gary in Love (C)
15. The Cent of Money (C)
16. Model Sponge (C)
17. The Curse of the Hex (C)
18. Back to the Past (D)
19. The Play's the Thing (D)
20. Tentacle-Vision (D)
21. The Main Drain (D)
22. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
23. Summer Job (E)
24. Rodeo Daze (E)
25. Trenchbillies (E)
26. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
27. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
28. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
29. A Pal for Gary (F-)
30. One Coarse Meal (F-)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I’m going to be completely honest right now: "Trenchbillies" was always the episode of the Legends of Bikini Bottom series I liked the least. By a long shot. And after rewatching it, this opinion still holds true. But not because of anything like "egregious stereotyping". The redneck as a concept is already a stereotype, you can't stereotype a redneck. Now someone who lives in a rural community? Sure, and that's a conversation worth having, but not in this review. Okay that's my little soapbox moment, let's get on with it.

I always appreciate when an episode starts with some good ol’ fashioned jellyfishing. I just always think it’s fun to watch. Like I’ve said before, I’m easy to please. The joke about Mr. Krabs was pretty funny and unexpected too. As was Patrick’s lack of directional sense. But then my enjoyment does take a hit when I’m subjected to annoying slo-mo. One thing about me, I don’t like slo-mo. Unless, of course, we’re talking about the greatest Kamehameha wave of all time, then I love it. And this slo-mo also shows us a very…grotesque impact between SpongeBob and Patrick. It wasn’t as unpleasant as some of the shots from “The Splinter”, but it wasn’t fun to watch.

Speaking of unpleasant things, I don’t like the design of the trenchbillies…at all. Sorry but this isn’t the move, they are not good to look at. Which means that a lot of the episode is just hard to watch. So that’s already bringing my enjoyment down quite a bit. But I guess I can also take this time to talk about some aspects about the design of this episode I do like. The backgrounds in this episode are great, I love how they really make the vibe that this is a whole different world. And then I love the background music in this episode, how they’re country-fied versions of SpongeBob themes. The link is to a playlist with the soundtrack, if you’re curious.

Going back to more chronological things, I like how SpongeBob and Patrick just seem to fall into a different, cool-looking world. It makes sense considering the whole “Legends of Bikini Bottom” angle, though I have to wonder who thought of trench people mixed with hillbillies as the episode’s plot. Very interesting, and definitely creative, I have to give them that. And I love how the whole “now or never” joke is brought back in this segment, that was pretty funny.

As the episode goes on, it spends its time being decently entertaining. Some parts simply drag on too long, like that guy getting his fiddle, or really just the set-up to the musical challenge in the first place, or the singing competition. And some parts are enjoyable, like Cletus trying to tell his story, or the actual musical challenge itself. I love how SpongeBob always seems to be turned into an instrument or object of some kind in so many different episodes. He’s a sponge with many talents. The part where SpongeBob and Patrick demonstrate what jellyfishing is was more entertaining than I expected, mostly because of the trenchbillies’ comments, but then of course we get unnecessary slomo again, sigh.

SpongeBob and Patrick then get inducted into the clan on an honorary basis, which is good because it’s always nice to see them win. And it’s fun to see Tom Kenny’s southern SpongeBob haha. Of course, the episode doesn’t end here. Which kind of doesn’t make sense because if they’re honorary members, they aren’t really members, so the trenchbillies can’t get mad at them leaving, but I digress. This antagonism doesn’t last too long (well, it does, but we at least get a break from it), as Patrick manages to trick the trenchbillies in a pretty funny moment.

And then we cut to Mr. Krabs and Squidward, which is a surprise. Y’all know I love my crumbs of these two having a real friendship. And I loved the little snippet of the conversation we got from them. And then we see that the trenchbillies followed SpongeBob and Patrick to the Krusty Krab. I like that the episode made them antagonists if only so we could see them in the normal Bikini Bottom. And just like a couple episodes ago, capitalism saves the day again as making the trenchbillies paying customers is what pacifies them lol. And then the ending of the episode is hilarious, with Mr. Krabs and Ma having a shotgun wedding (it’s not actually a shotgun wedding but the saying was too good to pass up).

“Trenchbillies” was definitely a lot better than I remember, although I’d still say it’s definitely the worst so far of the Legends anthology. That doesn’t mean it’s a bad episode though, not at all. It just has a lot of slow moments that aren’t really that funny. It also has a few not so great visuals. So all of this makes me put this episode into my “Good” tier. It could’ve been great, had it not been for the unnecessary slo-mo at points, to be honest. Well, that and the many humorless moments.

Episode Tier: Good
Episode Score:
7.6/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
I absolutely HATE the LOBB episode its the worst one to be exact. Some visuals are funny. But it was completely uninteresting and very boring. I cant say i really recommend this one.

Rating: Terrible Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Trenchbillies (Terrible)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Back