141b. The Main Drain

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode lacks in having a sensical plot, both Spongebob and Patrick are out-of-character and annoying, and the amount of times they said "drain plug" gave me a headache. It's not as bad as Trenchbillies, but god do I hate this episode. 0.5/10.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
I wish this episode would have been better. The plot itself is actually pretty clever, and it could have made for an epic story. But this episode did not feel epic at all. There were some funny laugh out loud moments here and Patrick in this episode was kind of funny, but everything else is pretty forgettable and boring. The twist in the end where it was actually Mr. Krabs and Plankton who pulled the drain was kind of interesting though. 4/10

EDIT: I was a bit too nice with my opinions here. I noticed that there are definitely plotholes here and this episode is really boring. 2/10

MissTree

Moby Dollar
did the writers think this through at all? didn't they notice all the plot holes in the story?

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: The Main Drain

This episode was very bad. The plot was bland. The ending didn't make sense, and the whole story was kinda rushed. There were one or two funny jokes. 4/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Kind of decent one, pretty okay I'd say...I liked all of the scenes at the Krusty Krab and I laughed with Patrick playing the radio while Mr.Krabs was telling the story, but the story was kind of slow and boring, the ending didn't bother me but they should have told them the truth from the very beggining....I liked how all of it, it was a dream 7/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
This episode is pretty horrible. This plot makes so little sense it gives "Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy" a run for its money. It also has a really obnoxious Patrick too. Seriously, all he does is whine in this episode. There was little humor and the plot seems to drag for an eternity with little happening. This also has one of the worst endings of the series.

2/10

G-Bag

Imitation Krab
Way too much hate towards this episode. I actually liked it quite a bit and the jokes were actually pretty good (I hope I don't get attacked for liking it more than Perfect Chemistry, AKA the most overrated new episode). I seriously don't get the hate, and if you say plot-holes, it was in fact just Patrick's dream, as revealed towards the end.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This is one of those episodes that is so tedious that it infuriates me. Let's start off with the plot. If the entire ocean was sucked up by the drain plug, how did Krabs and Plankton survive if they pulled the dang thing? If I have to ASK that question, I can assume that the story makes zero sense. This one had very few jokes. All I could think of as a joke was how many times SB and Pat say "drain plug". That's about it, sadly. The whole story itself was so lazy. It's just as exciting as eating plain tofu. And at the very end (SPOILER ALERT), it all turned out to be a bedtime story. I mean, come on. That is very anti-climatic. I suppose that Patrick was funny in this episode, but even that does not bring my rating for this episode up that much. I can just say that this episode went down the drain. 2/10.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: The Legends of Bikini Bottom: The Main Drain (S7-E141-B)

I HATE THIS ONE. The plot is cliche, bland and makes no ::dolphin noise:: sense!

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo:

One of the most filler-based and pointless episodes of this season. It also lacks substance, and has little-to-no comedy. I think this episode could have been rewritten to be great, but as it stands, pointless and has a lot of filler.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
5. Growth Spout (B)
6. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
7. Greasy Buffoons (B)
8. A Day Without Tears (B)
9. I Heart Dancing (B)
10. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
11. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
12. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Kracked Krabs (C)
14. Gary in Love (C)
15. The Cent of Money (C)
16. Model Sponge (C)
17. The Curse of the Hex (C)
18. Back to the Past (D)
19. The Play's the Thing (D)
20. Tentacle-Vision (D)
21. The Main Drain (D)
22. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
23. Summer Job (E)
24. Rodeo Daze (E)
25. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
26. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
27. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
28. A Pal for Gary (F-)
29. One Coarse Meal (F-)

GuyAtWalmart

Banished
Everything Wrong with this episode in 6 words:

Filler
Boring
Pointless
Unfunny
Confusing
Annoying

1. Help Wanted (10/10)
2. The Algae's Always Greener (10/10)
3. Krabby Patty Creature Feature (9.9/10)
4. Friend Or Foe (9/10)
5. Your Shoes Untied (8/10)
6. Fear of a Krabby Patty (8/10)
7. Extreme Spots (8/10)
8. Patrick's Coupon (7.9/10)
9. Girls Night Out (6/10)
10. House Fancy (6/10)
11. The Main Drain (2.5/10)
12. Pet Sitter Pat (2/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Coming up next in the Legends of Bikini Bottom anthology, we’ve got “The Main Drain”! I think for the longest time I had considered this to be my favorite of the anthology. Now, it’s up against some stiff competition, considering that every episode so far has been “Amazing” tier. But I have faith in this episode. I think it can be the best. So let’s find out.

First off, I just think the plot for this episode is great. This the kinda stuff you’d be seeing in Regular Show or Adventure Time. But it’s also so very SpongeBob SquarePants. I mean, the ocean just having a random drain like a bathtub, that can literally empty the entire ocean into who knows where? Sure, why not. This show quickly established in “Reef Blower”, and later in “A Flea in Her Dome”, that anything is possible when it comes to ocean physics. So this is not surprising. I just think it’s fun.

And the way this episode begins is fun too. There’s some good gags here, like the one with SpongeBob’s tongue being made out of sponges (and how Squidward calls back to that like 30 seconds later), or the one where Patrick ends up tripping on the wet floor sign. I loved how this episode just went straight with making SpongeBob look like a little creepy guy. So funny. And then we get a random Patrick appearance, which isn’t necessarily unwelcome. But I do still eye it warily. It ends up being okay though. I loved the moment later in the episode where we get to hear the inner thoughts of Patrick while he completely tunes out SpongeBob. This episode doesn’t get quite into the swing of things so quickly like the other episodes of this anthology, but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’m enjoying myself so far, even if it does take a second to get to the actual main drain part of the episode.

We do get there, though, once Mr. Krabs overhears SpongeBob talking about pulling the drain plug to the sink, and he completely freaks out about it. I love how he creates his own moody ambiance just to tell the story (with Patrick trying to help haha). And another thing that’s neat about this episode is that Mr. Krabs’ reaction (his instant alarm, and then later when he clearly knows the location of the main drain) actually foreshadows the later twist, I think that’s pretty good writing. But anyway, the story Mr. Krabs tells is pretty nice, because it is that complete randomness I love. Though I do wonder, how exactly did Bikini Bottom get restored? Or is this a process doomed to repeat itself….they get pulled into another ocean that looks the same, with another drain like this. Who knows? I probably shouldn’t be thinking so deeply about it, but y’all know me.

And then we get Plankton’s entrance into the episode. And this part is also rife with foreshadowing, which I adore. His segment is rather short, but not to fear, because then we get the sudden appearance of Old Man Jenkins! I just really love the vibes in this episode, can’t you tell? Having this mystery that only the older inhabitants of Bikini Bottom know about, it feels like a kind of trope I’ve seen before, but I don’t know what I’d call it. I should consult TV tropes, but I don’t feel like doing that at the moment.

Thus begins SpongeBob and Patrick’s journey to find the main drain. I love that SpongeBob’s bubble-blowing prowess is brought back here, it’s been so long since we’ve seen that, I feel. I choose to believe that the moment with Squidward is a nod to “Pizza Delivery”. It was funny in any case. And I love how Patrick’s like “I don’t want to walk”, but he’s fine with acting like a horse and pulling his house with his mouth…okay sir. I also like that even though it’s clearly dumb, Patrick actually raises a legitimate argument for pulling the drain. I mean, it’s still a horrible idea, but I like that it wasn’t just completely stupid, you know? It’s the little things.

Then we get the reveal that the kids in the story were actually Mr. Krabs and Plankton, as they go to stop SpongeBob and Patrick from pulling the drain. I love that we got to see their little kid designs too, because they were so adorable!! And once we cut back to SpongeBob and Patrick, and they’re at that zoomed in camera angle, you can tell immediately what’s about to happen…and it does, as Patrick accidentally pulls out the main drain, and history repeats itself all over again. Patrick’s delayed reaction was hilarious to me, I don’t even know why. The episode then ends with the second reveal that this was all a story SpongeBob was telling Patrick. I love how instead of the normal, “that’s the scariest story I’ve ever heard”, Patrick calls it the most “realistic” one. Oh Patrick, never change.

“The Main Drain” was a really fun episode. But…I’m not sure I can call it the best of this anthology, which hurts my soul. I just don’t know…this episode had lots of funny moments, but I wouldn’t call it the funniest of the anthology. So far, that’s probably “The Curse of the Hex”. I do like the plot of this one the most though, and I like the usages of the characters involved. So it’s really hard to say. I think right now, it’s the second best. But that just means that this little series is still hitting hard, with 4 Amazing-tier episodes in a row. Quite impressive.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

Note: For anyone curious, the ranking of the anthology so far is Curse of the Hex > The Main Drain > The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom > Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
In all fairness this is bad Legends of Bikini Bottom or at least to most people. In matter fact i actually kinda like this episode. Its packed with humor. The ending was also kinda neat.

Rating: Good Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Main Drain (Good)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Boring ahh episode
Screenshot 2024-04-02 11.07.10 AM.png
  1. Growth Spout (10/10)
  2. Squidward In Clarinetland (9.5/10)
  3. Gary In love (9.5/10)
  4. The Inside Job (9/10)
  5. I ❤️ Dancing (9/10)
  6. The Curse Of Bikini Bottom (9/10)
  7. Tentacle Vision (8.5/10)
  8. Greasy Buffoons (8/10)
  9. Back To The Past (8/10)
  10. The Bad Guys Club For Villains (8/10)
  11. Welcome To The Bikini Bottom Triangle (8/10)
  12. Spongebob's Last Stand (7.5/10)
  13. Kracked Krabs (7/10)
  14. Model Sponge (6.5/10)
  15. A Day Without Tears (2.5/10)
  16. The Plays The Thing (2.5/10)
  17. Yours Mine And Mine (2/10)
  18. The Monster Who Came To Bikini bottom (1.5/10)
  19. Grammas Secret Recipe (1.5/10)
  20. The Curse Of The Hex (1.5/10)
  21. Summer Job (1/10)
  22. Rodeo Daze (1/10)
  23. The Main Drain (1/10)
  24. The Cent Of Money (0.5/10)
  25. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (0.5/10)
  26. Stuck In The Wringer (0/10)
  27. Someones In The Kitchen With Sandy (0/10)
  28. A pal for Gary (0/10)
  29. One Coarse Meal (-99999999/10)

Back