141a. The Curse of the Hex

Entriol

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is probably the best out of The Legends of Bikini Bottom, but it's by no means a good episode. It was really boring and the humor was non-existent. 4.5/10.

Insomnia

Flying Dutchman's Sock
Oh wow this was the best of "The Legends of Bikini Bottom" saga.
5/10

hfjs

This episode is worse than I thought, cause it's really stupid and just....RRGH
vladimir said:
this episode was good but it was supposed to be on halloween 2012 :sbhalloween: :sandyhalloween: :pearlhalloween: :squidhalloween: :boyhalloween: :pathalloween:

:doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob: :doodlebob:
AHHHHHHHHHHHH! DOODLE ATTACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cool

Katniss

totally coral
This episode is certainly one of the better ones from Legends of Bikini Bottom, but it still isn't that great. I didn't find it particularly funny, which is ironic since Kristen Wiig, one of my favorite comedic actresses, voices a character (Madame Hagfish). It was also pretty dull, IMO. The way Hagfish tricked Krabs into thinking the Krusty Krab was cursed was admittedly a bit clever. All in all, this episode is just average. 5.5/10.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: The Curse of the Hex

This episode was bad. The plot was kinda weird and bland. I didn't like Madame Hagfish, because she was disgusting and obnoxious. I admit that the ending was kinda clever even though it's cheap. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I love this episode :P Not boring AT ALL for me and I found funny that the curse was FAKE :P And it was an excuse so Madame Hagfish (I liked that she was creepy) can have a doobloon, I also liked some quotes from this episode, why not a 9.5/10 :)

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Meh episode. Compared to some of the other LOBB episodes it's tolerable but most of it is bland and lifeless. Maybe if they focused more on Mr. Krabs and SpongeBob's adventure it could've been cool but as it is it's a dull episode with a stupid plot twist.

5/10

Very, very mediocre. The hagfish was kinda creepy, and I didn't like the twist ending but other than that this episode is harmless. Could have used a few more jokes though.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
5. Growth Spout (B)
6. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
7. Greasy Buffoons (B)
8. A Day Without Tears (B)
9. I Heart Dancing (B)
10. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
11. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
12. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Kracked Krabs (C)
14. Gary in Love (C)
15. The Cent of Money (C)
16. Model Sponge (C)
17. The Curse of the Hex (C)
18. Back to the Past (D)
19. The Play's the Thing (D)
20. Tentacle-Vision (D)
21. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
22. Summer Job (E)
23. Rodeo Daze (E)
24. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
25. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
26. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
27. A Pal for Gary (F-)
28. One Coarse Meal (F-)

GlitchyGoomba

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Ehh, it's fine. There were some good jokes here and there, but the story was pretty weak, and the battle between Spongebob and the golden eel felt way too anticlimactic than it was supposed to be.

Season 4-11

7 Years of Hospitality
This is such a random episode. The tornado at the start was funny but that was about it. The closed sign, record player gag, and the eel at the end were kind of funny I guess but they were nothing spectacular. It also uses a lot of gross out humor, which I don't find gross but rather unfunny and distracting. The episode gives off a weird vibe, with a strange story too. It's got a decently long setup with Madame Hagfish trying to get some food, then by the time the story starts the episode just plays out with little substance. We don't even get to her house, where the actual story takes place, until the episode is 3 minutes away from ending. The rest of the episode is just alright, with them having to get the coin from the eel. Not a bad episode, but pretty messy and not super funny. 6/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Next up in this little anthology, we’ve got “The Curse of The Hex”. I feel like this was the episode I remembered the least out of the 6 anthology episodes, other than perhaps “Trenchbillies”, but I still remembered it quite well before rewatching. And as we begin this episode, do I even need to say it? The shot of the clouds gathering over the Krusty Krab, and then the rain, is fantastic, and I love how atmospheric it makes this beginning portion of the episode. The beginning gag with the umbrellas is also hilarious to me, especially because I am sadly the owner of an umbrella that likes to flip upside down whenever there’s even the smallest breeze outside.

I really like how these anthology episodes get right into things, as it takes less than a minute for Madame Hagfish to appear. And I don’t know if this episode wants me to feel bad for Madame Hagfish or not, because I’m entirely on Squidward’s side. The Krusty Krab is closed, and Squidward already went through closing procedures, he literally cannot sell a Krabby Patty to this woman. And he was polite about it too! So I don’t know why I’m supposed to think Squidward and Mr. Krabs are horrible here. Now, once she started begging and stuff, then I started to go more to her side. Because here’s the thing: if Madame Hagfish was like…starving or something, then I’d get it, and I’d say Squidward was being unnecessary. But if Madame Hagfish was just being inconsiderate, when she could’ve gone to another restaurant, then I think this is a dumb plot point LMAO. But whatever, it’s not that deep, so I’ll move on.

SpongeBob, just like towards Plankton in “One Coarse Meal”, shows Madame Hagfish kindness by giving her a Krabby Patty for free, but he unfortunately gets caught. I mean, maybe if Madame Hagfish had shut up…they could’ve gotten away with it too (if it weren’t for that meddling Mr. Krabs and Squidward). And I loved the whole joke with Squidward basically saying he’s snuck into Mr. Krabs’ house before LMAO. Honestly, there’s plenty of funny moments in this part of the episode, like Squidward saying that living next door to SpongeBob is a curse. Squidward’s pretty good in this episode, such as a little later when he’s like “this is a blessing” when there’s no customers in the morning. Or when it seems like there is a curse, and he just dips. Same, Squidward, same.

I love how Mr. Krabs’ strategy is to beg and cry. And then the part where Madame Hagfish is like “I like a man who begs”…dang do I need to change the channel? Give y’all a room? Up the Y7 rating? lol. Moving on, the task that SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs are forced to go on is very amusing. And I love the reveal that the “curse” was just a closed sign all along. It’s like “Squid’s Day Off”, except these episodes are completely different from one another.

Man, these Legends of Bikini Bottom episodes are just hitting so well! Three Amazing-tier episodes in a row, it’s that serious. And I’m impressed. I really love the plot of all of these, including this episode. And this episode, unlike the last, really came through with some more rapid-fire humor. But it also had the same flair of witty humor. I just love the combination. And I also liked seeing SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs interact in this capacity. All around, just good vibes from me.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.2/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Another bad Legends of Bikini Bottom episode. Madame Hagfish looks gross. Super gross. Grosser than The Splinter from the worst ever. But its not as bad as The Splinter.

Rating: Awful Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Inside Job (Great)
The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (Good)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
The Cent of Money (Okay)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (Bad)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
The Curse of the Hex (Awful)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Ew no
  1. Growth Spout (10/10)
  2. Squidward In Clarinetland (9.5/10)
  3. Gary In love (9.5/10)
  4. The Inside Job (9/10)
  5. I ❤️ Dancing (9/10)
  6. The Curse Of Bikini Bottom (9/10)
  7. Tentacle Vision (8.5/10)
  8. Greasy Buffoons (8/10)
  9. Back To The Past (8/10)
  10. The Bad Guys Club For Villains (8/10)
  11. Welcome To The Bikini Bottom Triangle (8/10)
  12. Spongebob's Last Stand (7.5/10)
  13. Kracked Krabs (7/10)
  14. Model Sponge (6.5/10)
  15. A Day Without Tears (2.5/10)
  16. The Plays The Thing (2.5/10)
  17. Yours Mine And Mine (2/10)
  18. The Monster Who Came To Bikini bottom (1.5/10)
  19. Grammas Secret Recipe (1.5/10)
  20. The Curse Of The Hex (1.5/10)
  21. Summer Job (1/10)
  22. Rodeo Daze (1/10)
  23. The Cent Of Money (0.5/10)
  24. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (0.5/10)
  25. Stuck In The Wringer (0/10)
  26. Someones In The Kitchen With Sandy (0/10)
  27. A pal for Gary (0/10)
  28. One Coarse Meal (-99999999/10)

Back