140b. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List

Review: While this episode was funny in some parts, it was mostly boring, so I don't have much to say.

Rating: 7/10

I think this is the best Legends of Bikini Bottom episode and It was a great parody of Bermuda Triangle but It could have been much better. It was a funny episode in my opinion but some parts were boring either. I thought the mermaids were funny in this episode. There were some hilarious parts in this episode like Patrick saying "Has anyone seen my cuff links?", the sailor telling the story of Bikini Bottom Triangle, Pearl cooking the Krabby Patties, Patrick having a crush on the mermaids, Squidward's head being inside of a gumball machine and the ending, I definetly recommend this episode. 8.5/10

This is the best Legends of the Bikini Bottom episode. It was real funny and stuff. Patrick falling in love with the mermaids.
Best Character. Patrick
Best Moment - Anyone with Patrick and The Mermaids
9/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
The best and ONLY tolerable episode in the "Legends of Bikini Bottom" trilogy. Objects and certain characters going missing is an interesting addition to the episode, and I liked the mermaids. They were cute and funny, and Patrick falling in love with them was funny, too, and made a magnificant callback to the movie. The ending where all the mermaids had to do was sing their song backwards to escape the triangle seemed rushed for me, but at least the rest of the episode flowed smoothly, and wasn't too forced, and went by too fast. This is the only great episode from "Legends of Bikini Bottom". 8/10

Cha

I love SBM
I can honestly say that Patrick crushing on the mermaids was one of the best references in the series ever. The episode itself was interesting and I'm talking about the Legends series for goodness sake. The series of episodes that made me wanna stop watching the show for a while. I loved the character interactions here, with Pearl and Squidward. The ending would have been funnier if Patrick's limo took him to the mall, implying he wants to follow the girls there in his new (hot) tuxedo. Probably the best of the Legends.

Kerdem

Banished
Best Legends Of Bikini Bottom Episode For Sure Also Its One Of The Best Season 7 Episodes...

9/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
I guess this is watchable and probably the most watchable out of all these Legends of Bikini Bottom episodes. I mean I didn't laugh out loud or anything but there was nothing that made me mad either so I'll be nice and give this a 6.5/10, especially by Season 7 standards. Also, there are couple of good references here so yeah.

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
The best Legends of Bikini Bottom episode gets a 4.5/10

Just....wow.

This episode is pretty boring and dull. Not much to say.......

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle

This episode was between bad and decent for me. The plot was kinda decent. There were few funny jokes. 5.5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
For sure, not a boring episode for me...I don't think it is the best ''Legends of Bikini Bottom'' episode though...But it's an OK episode...I like the ''Triangle'' city...with the Mermaids..that was creative and unique ! There were a few good quotes...and the episode itself was unique...I mean we haven't experienced a similar one....It was confusing for me though at first, but now I can understand what the plot is..So , I am giving it a 8/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
By far the best Legends of Bikini Bottom episode. It had an actually interesting plot with some cool references. It's a pretty creative episode too especially by the standards set by seasons 6 and 7.

7/10

It's good. I like it quite a bit. It's not the best Season 7 episode, but it's probably my favorite LOBB episode. I kinda like the whole feel of this episode, and the mermaids were pretty funny.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle (B)
5. Growth Spout (B)
6. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
7. Greasy Buffoons (B)
8. A Day Without Tears (B)
9. I Heart Dancing (B)
10. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
11. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
12. The Monster Who Came to Bikini Bottom (B)
13. Kracked Krabs (C)
14. Gary in Love (C)
15. The Cent of Money (C)
16. Model Sponge (C)
17. Back to the Past (D)
18. The Play's the Thing (D)
19. Tentacle-Vision (D)
20. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
21. Summer Job (E)
22. Rodeo Daze (E)
23. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
24. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
25. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
26. A Pal for Gary (F-)
27. One Coarse Meal (F-)

spongie33

Sad Squidward Expert
Staff
I like this episode. It's honestly one of the better ones in the Tales series. 7.5/10.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Continuing with these Legends of Bikini Bottom, we’ve got “Welcome to the Bikini Bottom Triangle”. And starting with this episode I realized that the episodes in this anthology series have some really cool-looking title cards. I appreciate that. Honestly, title cards are a lost art form. Not for this show, but for cartoons in general. Are there modern cartoons that still do the title card thing? I think Amphibia did it, but they didn’t really make special ones like this show does. Okay, I’m going on a tangent, let’s get focused.

The way this episode begins reminds me a lot of “Sandy, SpongeBob, and the Worm”, by pulling us in with this random, mysterious thing happening at night. Speaking of night, I loved these shots of nighttime at Bikini Bottom, just gorgeous! And this kind of reminds me of “Gone” too, with the episode starting at night, at least. I also like that the episode gets right into it by having SpongeBob wake up and immediately see that he’s missing stuff (and Gary is here too! What did I say about the writers understanding that Gary is a main character this season?). We also find out that Squidward and Patrick are missing things too. Small little tidbit I noticed here, but it’s so wholesome that Patrick has a picture of SpongeBob in his house, that’s so cute!

Another thing I love about this episode is that Pearl plays a major role here…I know, a Pearl appearance, I must be dreaming! And I love how she apparently went straight to work when Mr. Krabs went missing, like that’s his daughter alright. And it’s cool to see that she apparently knows how to work a grill. There are some other small things I love in this episode too. The old admiral guy who ends up explaining things is a fun little character. And I loved the running joke with Patrick’s cufflinks.

And again, this episode moves very quickly, as Squidward and SpongeBob get sucked up into the what we’ll later find out is a giant vacuum cleaner. Now, one thing I don’t particularly like in this scene is how Squidward and SpongeBob find Mr. Krabs with absolutely no fanfare. And then of course we get the explanation from Mr. Krabs that he wants to stay on the island so he can resell all this stuff. He doesn’t even care about his business! And also, this plan makes no sense because how can he resell stuff when all this stuff is stuck on the island, but whatever. Honestly, this feels very out of character for Mr. Krabs. He cares about money, yes, but he cares about making money through his business a little more, I’d say. So I suppose “The Cent of Money” is out of character in that way, which I kind of said without actually saying it in that review. At least he cares about his daughter here, even if it is lumped in with a joke about her being stuck with his cash register.

Moving on, we meet the mermaids who are causing all of this. Patrick’s little crush on them is kind of cute, I have to admit, even if I don’t care for romance in this show, especially when it uses characters like Patrick. I also like that Patrick’s thing for mermaids is a consistency in this show. We saw it in the first movie, and it was brought back in The Cosmic Shake (as a reference to this episode, to be fair). It’s always nice to see consistency. And the mermaids themselves are fine. I mean, they’re a shallow depiction of teenage girls, but my expectations are in hell for that, so. And when SpongeBob comes back to Mr. Krabs, Squidward, and Pearl…oh man I have so many little things to say here that I love. First off, I love how Mr. Krabs shows such concern for SpongeBob when he collapses, like yes I’ve been needing their pseudo father-son relationship back. And then I love how Squidward and Pearl are just chilling together, I feel like this is a duo that we sorely need to see more. Luckily I have “Whale Watching” to look forward to.

This episode keeps the fun plot points coming as Mr. Krabs feeds SpongeBob a Krabby Patty, and realizes that neither SpongeBob nor Pearl made that sandwich. This episode made me realize that the actual secret formula of a Krabby Patty changes from episode to episode. Sometimes, the secret formula covers the batter of the patty, while other times it’s the whole cooking process. Huh. Interesting. But anyway, this new little plot point prevents the episode from getting stale, and I appreciate that a lot. This episode has a whole mystery vibe going on with it, first asking what happened to everyone’s stuff, then how to get out of the Bikini Bottom Triangle, and now who’s cooking the Krabby Patties. It’s nice.

In the end, I like how the savior of the day is capitalism I mean, the mall and Pearl’s teenage wisdom. Well, I suppose SpongeBob’s knowledge of musical theory helps too. And the resolution of the episode is great too. I like that this episode has an actual feeling of resolution, with everyone getting their stuff back, and then us finding out that the admiral guy is the one cooking the patties, and not Plankton. And I love that we get an ending to the Patrick cufflink joke too. I like how they purposefully made us forget all about that bit, because it makes this ending even better to me. Just a very well-crafted ending to this very well-crafted episode.

I think “Welcome To Bikini Bottom Triangle” is a fun episode with lots of surprising character interactions. I also don’t think it’s particularly funny, though it does have its moments. But it is very enjoyable and I think the plot is pretty interesting, so it evens out. This does mean it can’t be too high up in the “Amazing” tier, but hey, it made the “Amazing” tier. That’s an accomplishment.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.1/10

Back