13b. I Was A Teenage Gary

The Tide and Seeker

Balloon Traveler
The was probably the only episode of SpongeBob I was scared of. I was fine with "Scaredy Pants" but this one made me leave the room for the entire segment. I cannot tell you how scared I was. But when I look at it, it's funny how Squidward doesn't care about Gary at all. I've had some thoughts change about this but I didn't really like this episode.

Final episode rank: 1.0/10

Favorite scene: Squidward trying to inject the snail plasma, but misses because SpongeBob moves.

Ice Dripping

Part Computer or Something
This episode is one that I'm really conflicted on. The first half is what I don't like about it. Why would Spongebob have Squidward feed Gary when he knows how irresponsible he is? It's pretty sad to see Gary in his dehydrated state, although it's nothing like other Gary abuse episodes. Also, it doesn't make sense why the plasma turned them into snails. Wasn't it just to rehydrate Gary? I didn't have a problem with the rest of the episode although it was weird and not really good. The ending is the only funny part. I guess they came up with this because they had to have something to go with Scaredy Pants but The Paper didn't go with Valentine's Day and Neptune's Spatula didn't go with Fools in April so. Overall just a meh episode. 4/10

I really didn't like this episode. Not only was it creepy, it had a weak plot, barebone execution, and practically no jokes. Didn't feel like a SpongeBob episode to me.

Ranking so far:
1. Employee of the Month (A+)
2. Pickles (A+)
3. Pizza Delivery (A+)
4. F.U.N. (A)
5. Plankton! (A)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
7. Sandy's Rocket (A)
8. Help Wanted (A)
9. Culture Shock (B)
10. Boating School (B)
11. Bubblestand (B)
12. Scaredy Pants (B)
13. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
14. Hall Monitor (B)
15. Jellyfishing (B)
16. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (C)
17. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
18. Jellyfish Jam (C)
19. Tea at the Treedome (C)
20. Opposite Day (C)
21. Ripped Pants (C)
22. Reef Blower (C)
23. The Chaperone (C)
24. Nature Pants (C)
25. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
26. Squeaky Boots (D)
27. I Was a Teenage Gary (E)

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
My least favorite of Season 1, I don't think I really need to elaborate, it's pretty much been said a dozen times, just it fails in both departments for me.

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
I don't really see the hatred this episode gets. I just assume that after Pie-Guy considered it bad, everyone agreed with him.
I think the episode is alright. It has a handful of good jokes, a decent plot (By the way, who really cares if the plot is bad? It's a comedy show.), and some pretty good animation for the five dollars they had (remember, they started off the show with no budget). If they explained what SpongeBob was trying to do to Squidward near the end, then it would be pretty good, but as it stands, if this is the worst of the first season, than I don't think there are any bad episodes from it.

coft

happy hopping moron
Agreed. I actually really like the first half
& while the second half isn’t too pleasent, it’s miles away from the gross stuff in Seasons 5 - 8 6.5/10

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Absolute crap. This episode is super boring, and it's barely funny. And the horror in this episode is extremely lame. Definitely the worst of season 1.

Terrible Episode (1/10)

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
I actually didn't think this one was too bad. There were a few funny jokes, and I actually like the plot quite a bit too. Wasn't too big of a fan of seeing Gary suffer though, don't wanna be reminded of season 7. :patgross The second half of the episode also kinda dragged on a bit; that's ultimately what made me lose interest in the episode. Not the worst thing ever though.

Decent episode (6/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Pickles (9)
4. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
5. Help Wanted (9)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
7. Plankton! (8)
8. Sandy's Rocket (8)
9. Employee of the Month (8)
10. F.U.N. (8)
11. Hall Monitor (8)