13a. Scaredy Pants

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I wish we had more Halloween episodes... :( I love this episode...Great humour (Patrick running around Krusty Krab's roof because of the jellyfish,''Iam Flying Dutchman'' etc) , great sceneries (I always loved Krusty Krab's roof at night or like that big sceleton thingy where Patrick and SB hide, or like the beggining..) everything works well and all I have to say is...MOREEEE, 10/10

Fun little Halloween episode. There's really not much to say about it, it's just fun the whole way.

Ranking so far:
1. Employee of the Month (A+)
2. Pickles (A+)
3. Pizza Delivery (A+)
4. F.U.N. (A)
5. Plankton! (A)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (A)
7. Sandy's Rocket (A)
8. Help Wanted (A)
9. Culture Shock (B)
10. Boating School (B)
11. Bubblestand (B)
12. Scaredy Pants (B)
13. Home Sweet Pineapple (B)
14. Hall Monitor (B)
15. Jellyfishing (B)
16. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (C)
17. Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy (C)
18. Jellyfish Jam (C)
19. Tea at the Treedome (C)
20. Opposite Day (C)
21. Ripped Pants (C)
22. Reef Blower (C)
23. The Chaperone (C)
24. Nature Pants (C)
25. MuscleBob BuffPants (D)
26. Squeaky Boots (D)

Rex

Floating Shopping List
Well scratch my old opinion god damn this episode. I so want to like it but I just can't. This episode is really boring at least to me, I just find a very by the numbers episode and thats really a shame because there is so many characters and The Flying Dutchman is great and the other characters are great, but Jesus Spongebob and Patrick are so bland in this episode, maybe bland isn't the right word but Jesus this one bored the life outta me, I really wish this episode was strictly the party or focused on another character because Sponge and Pat don't have much to offer in this episode, this episode has a good start but once Patrick enters I find this episode doesn't get bad but doesn't get anything more than just boring, I know I'm saying boring alot but boring episodes are way worse then frustrating ones, I Was A Teenage Gary an episode I think is bad is way more fun to talk about because it is bad. This one just puts me to sleep, the ending is good though and the last line is good too, I also adore the title card for this one and with The Ghastly Ones music its pretty sweet. But a title card and good 4 minutes doesn't redeem what I find an absolute boring episode. On terms of mediocre it is very light and in a bottom 5 of season 1 I would put it at #5 since it is harmless and IMO the least bad of the Mediocre and Bad episodes

13a Scaredy Pants Mediocre 6/10

Also for fun

Bottom 5

#5 13a Scaredy Pants Mediocre 6/10 maybe even 6.5/10
#4 11b Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost Mediocre 6/10
#3 18a Texas Mediocre 5/10
#2 13b I Was A Teenage Gary Bad 4/10
#1 19a Fools In April Awful 3/10

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
A fun little Halloween special. It could've been a bit funnier, but the plot was great, and I liked the ending a lot. The atmosphere in this episode is also really nice, and just makes the episode really interesting to watch. If this episode was funnier, it could've been one of my favorites, but I'm still really satisfied about what we got here.

Good episode (8/10)

1. Pizza Delivery (10)
2. Opposite Day (9)
3. Pickles (9)
4. MuscleBob BuffPants (9)
5. Help Wanted (9)
6. Naughty Nautical Neighbors (8)
7. Plankton! (8)
8. Sandy's Rocket (8)
9. Employee of the Month (8)
10. F.U.N. (8)
11. Hall Monitor (8)
12. Scaredy Pants (8)
13. Ripped Pants (8)
14. Jellyfish Jam (7)
15. Tea at the Treedome (7)
16. Culture Shock (7)
17. Home Sweet Pineapple (7)
18. Boating School (7)
19. Bubblestand (7)
20. Mermaidman and Barnacleboy (7)
21. Squidward the Unfriendly Ghost (6)
22. Reef Blower (6)
23. Squeaky Boots (6)
24. The Chaperone (5)
25. Nature Pants (5)
26. Jellyfishing (5)

spunchbop444

Squidward's Clarinet
7/10

My memory of this episode's a little off, since I haven't watched this episode in a while, but from I do remember, SpongeBob was just a scardey cat. I find it both on character and off character. It is a cute little halloween episode, but nothing really beyond that. But I did kind of like the ending.

Naughty Nautical Neighbors: (10/10)
Ripped Pants: (10/10)
Tea at the Tree-Dome: (10/10)
Help Wanted: (9.5/10)
Pizza Delivery: (9/10)
Plankton!: (9/10)
F.U.N: (9/10)
Boating School: (8.5/10)
Bubblestand: (8.5/10)
Culture Shock: (7.5/10)
Reef Blower: (7.5/10)
Pickles: (7/10)
Scardey Pants: (7/10)
The Chaperone: (6.5/10)
Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy I: (6.5/10)
Home Sweet Pineapple: (6.5/10)
Employee of the Month: (6.5/10)
Opposite Day: (6/10)
Squidward The Unfriendly Ghost: (5.5/10)
Nature Pants: (4.5/10)
Sandy's Rocket: (4.5/10)
Hall Monitor: (4/10)
Squeaky Boots: (3.5/10)
MuscleBob BuffPants: (2/10)
Jellyfishing: (1.5/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Nice halloween special not much to explain.

Rating: Great Episode

Rankings:
F.U.N. (Amazing!)
Pizza Delivery (Amazing!)
Reef Blower (Amazing!)
Opposite Day (Amazing!)
Help Wanted (Amazing!)
Pickles (Amazing!)
Plankton! (Amazing!)
Naughty Nautical Neighbors (Amazing!)
STUFG (Great)
Employee of the Month (Great)
Squeaky Boots (Great)
Bubblestand (Great)
Jellyfishing (Great)
MMABB (Great)
Scaredy Pants (Great)
Ripped Pants (Okay)
Boating School (Okay)
Hall Monitor (Okay)
Culture Shock (Okay)
Tea at the Treedome (Meh)
Jellyfish Jam (Meh)
Sandy's Rocket (Meh)
The Chaperone (Bad)
Home Sweet Pineapple (Bad)
MuscleBob BuffPants (Bad)
Nature Pants (Terrible)

DannyWapbang

Sponge of Mystery
The French Narrator's evil laugh is strangely hot...

Also, Sponge's pink hat makes me die laughing.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A must-watch every October, "Scaredy Pants" is a really good Halloween episode, I'm just going to say it right now. I'm surprised that so many people find this episode boring. Maybe I just love the whole Halloween vibe and environment of this episode, so even when it gets slow it's still engaging for me. Like any parts of the episode showing the backgrounds and other characters getting up to Halloween activities, man I love that so much. And also, let's talk about the track The Flying Dutchman. I love this track so so so so much like dang it's good! What is with this show and having amazing soundtracks being associated with The Flying Dutchman? I mean there's Battle For Bikini Bottom's Flying Dutchman's Graveyard...

Anyway, the humor of "Scaredy Pants" is slower than other episodes, as is season 1's tendency, but that doesn't make it any less funny to me. Now, the episode is mostly funny at the end, but there's some good moments throughout, like the whole haunted mattress/sleeping bag thing. I also like Mr. Krabs' ghost story to SpongeBob, and SpongeBob interrupting Mr. Krabs usually gets a good chuckle out of me. Patrick trying to figure out the difference between SpongeBob and a ghost puppet also usually makes me laugh. We also get a lot of good SpongeBob screams in this episode, so everyone say thank you Tom Kenny (the French Narrator also is great in this episode).

This episode also has some wholesome moments in it. Like every scene between Patrick and SpongeBob before we get to the Krusty Krab is just so...warm, especially when they ding-dong-ditch, that was adorable.

Let's talk about the first (real) appearance of the Flying Dutchman! This is a character that I have never disliked (to my knowledge). Like whenever he's in an episode, I know it's about to be good. Also his VA, Brian Doyle-Murray, hits the mark every time!

Lastly, the ending of the episode is just excellent. SpongeBob scaring off the Flying Dutchman (and everyone else) with his appearance is just a classic SpongeBob ending. And the ending line ("don't worry, it'll grow back!") always catches me off guard and gets me laughing every time.

If you couldn't already tell, I love this episode. Definitely in my favorites of season 1, and one I look forward to watching during Halloween every year. Like I said before, the vibes of the episode are just so good, and they pull you in from the first minute. SpongeBob being a scaredy-cat is perfectly in character, and a good source of conflict for the first half of the episode. If it wasn't already obvious, this episode is well into my "Amazing" tier. I love it, and I have no problems with it, meaning it's earned its spot in this tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.4/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
A must-watch every October, "Scaredy Pants" is a really good Halloween episode, I'm just going to say it right now. I'm surprised that so many people find this episode boring. Maybe I just love the whole Halloween vibe and environment of this episode, so even when it gets slow it's still engaging for me. Like any parts of the episode showing the backgrounds and other characters getting up to Halloween activities, man I love that so much. And also, let's talk about the track The Flying Dutchman. I love this track so so so so much like dang it's good! What is with this show and having amazing soundtracks being associated with The Flying Dutchman? I mean there's Battle For Bikini Bottom's Flying Dutchman's Graveyard...

Anyway, the humor of "Scaredy Pants" is slower than other episodes, as is season 1's tendency, but that doesn't make it any less funny to me. Now, the episode is mostly funny at the end, but there's some good moments throughout, like the whole haunted mattress/sleeping bag thing. I also like Mr. Krabs' ghost story to SpongeBob, and SpongeBob interrupting Mr. Krabs usually gets a good chuckle out of me. Patrick trying to figure out the difference between SpongeBob and a ghost puppet also usually makes me laugh. We also get a lot of good SpongeBob screams in this episode, so everyone say thank you Tom Kenny (the French Narrator also is great in this episode).

This episode also has some wholesome moments in it. Like every scene between Patrick and SpongeBob before we get to the Krusty Krab is just so...warm, especially when they ding-dong-ditch, that was adorable.

Let's talk about the first (real) appearance of the Flying Dutchman! This is a character that I have never disliked (to my knowledge). Like whenever he's in an episode, I know it's about to be good. Also his VA, Brian Doyle-Murray, hits the mark every time!

Lastly, the ending of the episode is just excellent. SpongeBob scaring off the Flying Dutchman (and everyone else) with his appearance is just a classic SpongeBob ending. And the ending line ("don't worry, it'll grow back!") always catches me off guard and gets me laughing every time.

If you couldn't already tell, I love this episode. Definitely in my favorites of season 1, and one I look forward to watching during Halloween every year. Like I said before, the vibes of the episode are just so good, and they pull you in from the first minute. SpongeBob being a scaredy-cat is perfectly in character, and a good source of conflict for the first half of the episode. If it wasn't already obvious, this episode is well into my "Amazing" tier. I love it, and I have no problems with it, meaning it's earned its spot in this tier.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.4/10
i've actually never seen this episode, i should probably check it out

YuYuYuuki

Glitter Gloss
This was the first episode I ever watched, back when it was new. Okaa-san taped it and IWATG because she knew I was enjoying it. The tape starts when Pat comes over Sponge's.

Back