139a. Gramma's Secret Recipe

Mr. Sea Shell

Floating Shopping List

Review: A cute, sweet, and funny episode! Laughed all the way from beginning to end! And we finally get to see Plankton's grandmother, who was first mentioned in "Krabs vs. Plankton". But, the ending was predictable.

Rating: 8.5/10

hfjs

This episode made my brother throw up. 3.7/10

I thought this episode was great but some parts were boring. Also the ending was predictable. Some parts in this episode made me laugh like Plankton sinking into the pillow, Plankton being knitted into a scarf and SpongeBob showing his family albums to Plankton. I rate this episode 8.5/10.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
I cant really remember this episode.

SecretBox

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This is one of the worst Plankton episodes ever. It was not funny and I felt sorry for Plankton for putting up with SpongeBob's stupidity. Seriously! Is SpongeBob that stupid to not realize that his great grandma is Plankton in disguise? 1/10

Kerdem

Banished
This Episode Shows How Incredibly Stupid Spongebob Can Be Sometimes Also Shown How Incredibly Boring A Episode Can Be Also Whats This Recipe In The Title Card???
0/10

Fondue Pot

Delicious
Underrated because too many people complain about its partner which I thought was bad, really?

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Very forgettable and bland. Want a better version of this? Watch SITKWS........NO IM KIDDING SHELLBACK SHENANIGANS THAT EPISODE IS AMAZING. 3/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Gramma's Secret Recipe

This episode was bad. The plot was kinda bland. There were few funny jokes. 5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I always thought of it as a meh one, due to how boring it is at parts...the ending is soo unexpected -NOT- , but tell me, how can Grandma find out that Plankton was in the Krusty Krab's safe....the plot was really dumb....not really well executed...they could have done a better job...5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
bad and recycled plot with dull humor. Then again it's season 7, What else is new?

4.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
It's no wonder that I see nobody really talk about this episode. It's just a standard, run-of-the-mill, forgettable season 7 episode. Nothing really new here. Heck, the plot feels pretty similar to Imitation Krabs and even...Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy. Yep. It's a ripoff of a ripoff. I actually don't really know what to say about this episode, since it's really boring and nothing memorable happens in it. I kinda like Plankton's Gramma as a character, and there were a couple funny jokes (like Plankton being knitted into a scarf), but that's about it. It's not terrible, it's just a mediocre/lame episode in the sea of season 7. Nothing new here, that is all. I give it a 5/10.

Kinda forgettable. It's better than SITKWS, but it's still not something I'd recommend. I think this episode could have worked if it wasn't so obvious and it had a few more jokes.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Growth Spout (B)
5. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
6. Greasy Buffoons (B)
7. A Day Without Tears (B)
8. I Heart Dancing (B)
9. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
10. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
11. Kracked Krabs (C)
12. Gary in Love (C)
13. Model Sponge (C)
14. Back to the Past (D)
15. The Play's the Thing (D)
16. Tentacle-Vision (D)
17. Gramma's Secret Recipe (D)
18. Summer Job (E)
19. Rodeo Daze (E)
20. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
21. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
22. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
23. A Pal for Gary (F-)
24. One Coarse Meal (F-)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is really boring. One of the most boring in the series. Pretty much nothing goes on in this entire episode and there were very few jokes. The ending is also too random, and is only there to end this episode.

Terrible Episode (2/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
"Gramma's Secret Recipe" is pretty interesting (kind of...) because it introduces us to a character we’ve never seen before: Plankton’s grandma. It also shows a different side to Plankton, as he’s actually pretty doting towards his grandmother. Makes me wonder how he treats his parents, if they’re still around. Or maybe his grandmother was the one who raised him. Who knows? Certainly not me. The beginning scene of this episode is fine, I did like the moment where Plankton snapped at the nurse. And then we see that perhaps Plankton is not the doting grandson we’re presented with at all, as he seems to just be using his grandma for a plan, at least in this episode.

The next scene of the episode takes place with SpongeBob bathing and oh god I’m having “Stuck in the Wringer” flashbacks, give me a moment. Though I’m also thinking about that one trailer from the first movie, so let me focus on that memory instead lol. This scene also has a track I really like in the background, Salty Squid Jig (1), so that’s a bonus. I also love how SpongeBob is interrupted from his playing by Plankton, and he just awkwardly walks down the stairs, that was pretty funny to me.

One thing about this episode that makes no sense to me is Plankton’s plan. I mean, I understand his course of action, but what I don’t understand is why we saw Plankton imagine tricking Mr. Krabs with his get-up, but then he proceeds to go talk to SpongeBob? He didn’t imagine his plan failing or anything, so I’m confused. I’m also not the biggest fan of how absolutely stupid SpongeBob is here. And also, this plan is far more risky than just pretending to be any old grandmother, because Plankton had to guess that SpongeBob wouldn’t see right through him. It’s just weird, and I don’t understand it at all. This plot feels far more convoluted than Plankton just walking into the Krusty Krab a la his daydream. It also feels reminiscent of “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy”, which already annoys me. And it makes me think of the complaint I had in season 6 about the same character interactions over and over again…why are we having Plankton dress up as someone to trick SpongeBob for two different episodes that are pretty close to each other? Why couldn’t he have done this with a different character?

And honestly, the episode is kind of very boring. Because I’m not laughing, and the plot is predictable. If I want to watch something with old grandmas that doesn’t bore me, I’d watch “Mall Girl Pearl” or Hoodwinked. This episode ain’t that, and I’m sitting here bored as SpongeBob and Plankton look through photo albums, drink tea, play cards, and knit. Do something! At least we get some cameos from the woman from “Banned in Bikini Bottom”, and the one from “Have You Seen This Snail?”. Eventually, things finally get not boring when SpongeBob things he just shredded his grandma, that was pretty funny can’t even lie. But I hate that I had to drudge through all this slop just to get here. And then somehow Plankton’s grandma gets into the safe with him, about ready to kick his butt. And I’m cheering her on lol.

"Gramma's Secret Recipe" gets an Okay-tier rating from me, but just barely. It would be mediocre if it at all personally upset or annoyed me, but it didn't do that so I have to say Okay. Because god, this episode is boring.

Episode Tier: Okay
Episode Score:
6/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
What a snoozefest. Its kinda funny but its a snoozefest.

Rating: Alright Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Inside Job (Great)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Gary in Love (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Gramma's Secret Recipe (Alright)
The Play's the Thing (Meh)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
One Coarse Meal (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Rodeo Daze (Awful)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Back