137a. One Coarse Meal

G-Bag

Imitation Krab
Let's work together to get this episode banned forever. The writers (except Zeus and Casey) hate the episode. I guess they'd like it banned as well. Needless to say, the fans hate it, the crew hates it, and Nick rarely airs it. I guess we're all in agreement: THIS EPISODE SUCKS.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
I love how I constantly was defending this episode back in 2014. Shows how cringy I was back then.

This episode sucks, but it's far from being my least favorite episode. :P

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: One Coarse Meal (S7-E137-A)

Well, the beginning, where SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs defends the Krabby Patty Secret Formula from Plankton, was intense. When Pearl arrives, Plankton was scared, but in The Algae's always Greener, Plankton is not. When Mr. Krabs discovered Plankton's weakness, Mr. Krabs officially crosses the line. He tries to scare Plankton by disguising himself as Pearl, causing Plankton to suffer paranoia for 16 days (2 weeks 2 days) and wanted to commit suicide on his own, EVEN IN A ::dolphin noise::ING TV SHOW FOR KIDS!!! This is where the hate starts. When SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs what happened to Plankton and going too far to poor Plankton, Mr. Krabs doesn't care about Plankton and he enjoys the sweet revenge to poor Plankton. SERIOUSLY?!?! After SpongeBob helped Plankton and shared to him about Mr. Krabs' weakness, Plankton gives revenge to Krabs by scaring him with a mime (his major weakness). Even worse after that, SpongeBob betrays him by scaring him with a group of sharks (powered by a projector), Plankton suffers the fear again. REALLY SPONGEBOB AND KRABS?!?!?!

You know, we feel sorry for Plankton. He has to survive away from Krabs because Krabs is heartless, cruel, greedy and INCOMPREHENSIBLY STUPID!!! This is why I hate the new Mr. Krabs. I was so mad, I want to kill Mr. Krabs and served into steamed and turned into crabstick (my favorite seafood) and served with fried rice.

The beginning was good, but the scenes from rising action to denounment is the worst of them all! I ::dolphin noise::ING HATE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH, THIS EPISODE DESERVES TO DIE IN FLAMES, ALONG WITH A PAL FOR GARY!!!

To the writers: Mr. Lawrence, you're a great writer of this series, but it's best to focus in voice-acting for Plankton instead of writing this atrocious episode.

Final Score = 1/10

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
Episode: One Coarse Meal (S7-E137-A)

Well, the beginning, where SpongeBob and Mr. Krabs defends the Krabby Patty Secret Formula from Plankton, was intense. When Pearl arrives, Plankton was scared, but in The Algae's always Greener, Plankton is not. When Mr. Krabs discovered Plankton's weakness, Mr. Krabs officially crosses the line. He tries to scare Plankton by disguising himself as Pearl, causing Plankton to suffer paranoia for 16 days (2 weeks 2 days) and wanted to commit suicide on his own, EVEN IN A ::dolphin noise::ING TV SHOW FOR KIDS!!! This is where the hate starts. When SpongeBob tells Mr. Krabs what happened to Plankton and going too far to poor Plankton, Mr. Krabs doesn't care about Plankton and he enjoys the sweet revenge to poor Plankton. SERIOUSLY?!?! After SpongeBob helped Plankton and shared to him about Mr. Krabs' weakness, Plankton gives revenge to Krabs by scaring him with a mime (his major weakness). Even worse after that, SpongeBob betrays him by scaring him with a group of sharks (powered by a projector), Plankton suffers the fear again. REALLY SPONGEBOB AND KRABS?!?!?!

You know, we feel sorry for Plankton. He has to survive away from Krabs because Krabs is heartless, cruel, greedy and INCOMPREHENSIBLY STUPID!!! This is why I hate the new Mr. Krabs. That Krab made me so mad, he deserves to die, steamed and turned into crabstick (my favorite seafood) and served with fried rice.

The beginning was good, but the scenes from rising action to denounment is the worst of them all! I ::dolphin noise::ING HATE THIS EPISODE SO MUCH, THIS EPISODE DESERVES TO DIE IN FLAMES, ALONG WITH A PAL FOR GARY!!!

To the writers: Mr. Lawrence, you're a great writer of this series, but it's best to focus in voice-acting for Plankton instead of writing this atrocious episodes with 2 ::dolphin noise::ty writers. I'm watching you, Casey and Zeus. Please, Casey and Zeus, for too many times, SpongeBob SquarePants is a kids TV show. It's a show to make us laugh, NOT MAKE US CRY, RANT AND/OR ::dolphin noise::ING SCARED!!!!! Why did you write this episode for? What is this, Family Guy? Both of you (Casey and Zeus) are mother::dolphin noise::ing noobs!!!!!!

Final Score = 1/10

You know, Zeus Cervas is actually coming back for an episode later in Season 11 :P

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Wintermelon43 said:
You know, Zeus Cervas is actually coming back for an episode later in Season 11 :P
Yeah, good thing the atrocity years are over. I'm glad Stephen Hillenberg's back. This time, Zeus won't make atrocious episodes like this anymore. Not even with Casey.

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I'm gonna get a lot of flack for this, but hear me out:

I...actually don't find this episode all that terrible. It is still bad, but I can actually tolerate this without many problems. The main problem that this episode has is not the suicide joke but rather how boring the whole ride is. The plot itself seems pretty stupid, since Pearl is a whale that does not feed on plankton but instead squids. I thought that with jokes, the plot would be a lot better, but nope. I didn't find myself laughing that hard in this one. I only found one joke funny, and that was the part with the Wacky Bucks. The other jokes range from...Mr. Krabs trying to scare Plankton. Honestly, this feels like a very generic and dull episode, just like the majority of season 7. Not even the edgy suicide joke can make this episode entertaining. At least Are You Happy Now was dark AND enjoyable (shut up), mainly due to how SpongeBob was treating Squidward throughout that episode. I give it a 3/10, due to its sheer lack of quality.

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I actually think Are You Happy Now is worse than this episode now. At least this episode had the decency to know its place as a dumb SpongeBob episode.

With that said it's a 12/10 we were all wrong about One Coarse Meal.

Depressed Luigi

Dead Inspector
I actually think Are You Happy Now is worse than this episode now. At least this episode had the decency to know its place as a dumb SpongeBob episode.

With that said it's a 12/10 we were all wrong about One Coarse Meal.
Personally I find it to be an OKAY episode 12/10

I don't want to talk about this episode. Nope, not doing it. Too atrocious. Sure, you could argue that I talked about Choir Boys and Are You Happy Now?, episodes I find worse, but this is the worst episode of this season. It's not funny, destroys a character, and is absolutely morbid.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Growth Spout (B)
5. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
6. Greasy Buffoons (B)
7. A Day Without Tears (B)
8. I Heart Dancing (B)
9. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
10. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
11. Kracked Krabs (C)
12. Model Sponge (C)
13. Back to the Past (D)
14. Tentacle-Vision (D)
15. Summer Job (E)
16. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
17. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
18. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
19. A Pal for Gary (F-)
20. One Coarse Meal (F-)

A relevant person

Imitation Krab
This episode is bad without a doubt, but it's WAAYYYY overhated. It's a lot better than A Pal for Gary IMO

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Oh boy, this episode. Honestly, I can't decide if it's overhated or not. In my opinion, I think that the plot of this episode really isn't that bad. It is an interesting premise, but better things could have been done than having Mr. Krabs dress up like his own daughter (ew). Anyway, the execution here is atrocious. The episode just isn't funny, and watching Plankton repeatedly go through psychological torture is not entertaining. At the very least, his fear is not one we (typically) share, so it isn't uncomfortable in that sense.

Mr. Krabs is just horrible in this episode, really there is no justification for what he did. SpongeBob is unnecessary in the episode, mostly because he flip-flops. Like, it seemed like he was going to try and convince Mr. Krabs that what he was doing to Plankton was wrong (which would have been interesting), but instead he just goes along with it in the end. Such a disappointing episode because of all that could have been done with it, and just a bad experience all the way through. Truly abysmal. 0.6/10

ComradeSquidward

Imitation Krab
Something to consider here that I think may go unnoticed. Mr. Lawrence, who voices Plankton, was also a writer here. It raises concerns to me that he helped write the episode that his character blatantly attempts suicide. Fit for a kids' show? Definitely not. But a cry for help? Maybe, and if so, should be heard.

The Tough Sponge Man

Floating Shopping List
All I can say is, it's not the worst, and I don't think it's bad for the same reasons as everyone else says.
The story is just confusing, and it's not very funny.

If you want to hear more about my thoughts on the episode, watch PieGuyRulz's review on it from his SpongeBob Season 7 Reviewed video.
I have very little to add from that.

Rating: 3, um... 3, 3 mimes out of ten?

ComradeSquidward

Imitation Krab
Here is THE episode that turned me into a post-movie hater!

But if what the previous poster was insinuating was correct, could this mean Mr. Lawrence is suicidal?!?
I have also heard that this is practically a parody of Stephen King's It. I have never read it or seen it, but that might be true.

Sara SquarePants

Lover of Spongie
I have also heard that this is practically a parody of Stephen King's It. I have never read it or seen it, but that might be true.

If that's the case then that makes this episode even WORSE than I originally thought!

References to Stephen King in SPONGEBOB of all shows is flat-out wrong

Also, am I correct in what you said about Mr. Lawrence?

Could OCM have been his cry for help?

Back