137a. One Coarse Meal

MissTree

Moby Dollar
"Plot: Mr. Krabs finds out that Plankton's afraid of whales!"

If only they just left it at that. :(

MissTree

Moby Dollar
no but it would have been still better than the final result to me, theres so much more they could have done

Giant Clam
I had to watch this episode 3-4 times to understand what was so bad about it. I then realised what all the fuss about this episode was. Before, it was just boring and the suicide was a bit extreme, probably was about 4/10.

But after the fourth watch, it hit me. This episode is about a character bullying another to attempt suicide and finding it funny. 0/10.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
I mean I've accepted it's uncut but I still kind of find it hard to believe

FireyFistOPain

Part Computer or Something
Don't get why, there's nothing bad in it.
A character bullying another character into depression and attempted suicide and then laughing at it isn't even something I've seen in a Family Guy. It's just horrible and doesn't belong in a kids cartoon, the morals behind this are disgusting, THATS why it should be banned

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
FireyFistOPain said:
A character bullying another character into depression and attempted suicide and then laughing at it isn't even something I've seen in a Family Guy. It's just horrible and doesn't belong in a kids cartoon, the morals behind this are disgusting, THATS why it should be banned
I understand you hate this episode, and I hate it, too.

But, in spite of your explanation, it shouldn't be banned.

FireyFistOPain

I understand you hate this episode, and I hate it, too.

But, in spite of your explanation, it shouldn't be banned.
Yeah I see why most people think that. And I would totally agree if it was made for adults but for kids... I mean I guess it shouldn't be banned but the morals behind it really are disgusting, especially for a kids show

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
Here's how much I hate this episode:

Krabs%20hates%20One%20Coarse%20Meal.gif

FireyFistOPain said:
Yeah I see why most people think that. And I would totally agree if it was made for adults but for kids... I mean I guess it shouldn't be banned but the morals behind it really are disgusting, especially for a kids show
Honestly there are a lot shows (whatever done right or wrong) that get away with a lot stuff. One Gravity Falls episode has FREAKING BLEEDING ANIMAL HEADS and that's more disturbing than the stuff in this episode.

FireyFistOPain

Honestly there are a lot shows (whatever done right or wrong) that get away with a lot stuff. One Gravity Falls episode has FREAKING BLEEDING ANIMAL HEADS and that's more disturbing than the stuff in this episode.
While I agree it's more disturbing, it isn't promoting immorality the same way this is. Idk to impressionable young children I think this could really give an "if someone did something bad don't forgive them, torture them" vibe which is not good

DigitalDeathstraction

Shut up, bird.
Looking back on One Coarse Meal, it wouldn't be so bad if the episode was funnier. I looked beyond the "Plankton Suicide" part (Which honestly, wasn't really the highlight of the episode) and saw a bland, unfunny plot with bland, unfunny writing which could've actually been better if it didn't have the road scene drawn out as much as it was. Should they, i dunno, make Plankton wear a pink tutu in his nightmare sequences and make the situations in the nightmares sorta sillier then yes, it could be an alright episode. But for now, its still a bad episode.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
i disagree as the episode still needed A LOT of work but toning down some of the disturbing stuff to a silly level could make it more tolerable.

MissTree

Moby Dollar
DigitalDistraction said:
*COUGH*BANDWAGONINGENTERSMINDLESSOPINIONS*COUGH*
WOW thats your comeback?
LAME!

im just gonna report you for spamming (oh wait I CANT NOW but oh well. i can still rip you apart below:

also id just like to state for the record that Mr. Enter's thoughts on the episode are NOT the same as before

know what youre talking about before saying ::dolphin noise::

Back