136b. Summer Job

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
This is one of the most annoying episodes I've watched this season. And this episode even makes a call back to Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful which is an episode I hate. Oh yeah, and Mrs. Puff gets arrested...again. I don't really have much else to say. 1/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Summer Job

This episode was horrible. The plot was really blande. I agree it's Boating Buddies 2: Revenge of The Cubic Creeper ^, lol. Spongebob was really annoying, and Mrs Puff was out of character. There were few funny jokes. 3.5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Tons of wasted potential, annoyance, and predictability. It's really boring too. Buy hey that's season 7 for ya.

2.5/10

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
This episode was absolutely awful. It's not repulsive like Pet or Pests and To Love a Patty, but it had a lack of anything good. The plot wasn't very creative, it's so predictable, and it had virtually no jokes. TBH episodes like The Splinter are more interesting to watch since a couple tiny jokes were actually kinda funny (the beginning). And even To Love a Party, which is an episode that I purely hate, had the grilled shoe joke. This episode also ruined one of my favorite shippings of the show, which just makes me sad. To add insult to injury, this episode was excruciatingly boring and I felt every second drag on and on and on. I have no words here. It's that bad, and I feel that it is really underhated. 0.5/10.

Lmaooooo I forgot I hated this episode becuase Kruff acted like they didnt know each other or something like that

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Summer Job (S7-E136-B)

This episode is decent. The problems here in this episode are (1) Mr. Krabs blackmails and cannot date Mrs. Puff, which rip-offs Krusty Love; and (2) SB being the boating teacher for Mrs. Puff, EVEN SB DOESN'T ::dolphin noise:: KNOW HOW TO DRIVE PROPERLY!

Final Score = 5/10

mythix super saiyan 4

the only good parts of sbm are the skins and tradi
SpongeBuddyPH said:
Episode: Summer Job (S7-E136-B)

This episode is decent. The problems here in this episode are (1) Mr. Krabs blackmails and cannot date Mrs. Puff, which rip-offs Krusty Love; and (2) SB being the boating teacher for Mrs. Puff, EVEN SB DOESN'T ::dolphin noise::ING KNOW HOW TO DRIVE PROPERLY!

Final Score = 5/10
for 2 maybe in this episode he does this show can be weird sometimes

I don't like this one. It's another "oh let's punish the innocent" episode. The episode's conflict is also null and void because it gets fixed midway through. It's also just not a very fun episode to watch.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. The Bad Guy Club for Villains (A)
3. Squidward in Clarinetland (A)
4. Growth Spout (B)
5. The Curse of Bikini Bottom (B)
6. Greasy Buffoons (B)
7. A Day Without Tears (B)
8. I Heart Dancing (B)
9. SpongeBob's Last Stand (B)
10. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
11. Kracked Krabs (C)
12. Model Sponge (C)
13. Back to the Past (D)
14. Tentacle-Vision (D)
15. Summer Job (E)
16. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
17. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
18. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
19. A Pal for Gary (F-)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I was gonna give this a mediocre, as I just find this episode somewhat boring but it had a few jokes, but the ending really pushes this down to bad. It just isn't funny and a bit too cruel.

Bad Episode (4/10)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Hey, a Mrs. Puff episode! Not even a Boating School episode (although that does of course play a big role in the set-up of this episode), but one specifically about her. I feel like it’s been a while since we’ve seen her, though I suppose she’s made plenty of appearances this season. Either way, I’m happy to see her play a major role in "Summer Job", as it has been a bit since she’s at least been a major character. I just wish that this episode could've been better.

The beginning of this episode reminds me a lot of “Boating Buddies” and “Mermaid Man and Barnacle Boy IV”, with Mrs. Puff running away from SpongeBob. So that’s 4 characters now that SpongeBob has terrorized in this way LMAO. Also, I think Mrs. Puff being a jailbird is actually hilarious. Good on Bikini Bottom for hiring people who have served their time.

The one thing I don’t like about this episode is that it kind of erases everything established in “Krusty Love” and later episodes, with Mr. Krabs being a jerkwad to Mrs. Puff. I mean, on one hand he does give her a way to get this off her record and all that, but on the other he’s clearly extorting her for free labor so…not cool, Mr. Krabs. Well, I suppose the episode doesn’t completely erase it, with Mrs. Puff assumption that Mr. Krabs wants to take her out on a date, and Mr. Krabs being like “interesting”. But I do think that all of this was ignored in favor of having Mr. Krabs and Mrs. Puff interact like this in this episode. And that’s another thing, this episode kind of dropped the ball of having Mrs. Puff interact with anyone but SpongeBob, because her interactions with Mr. Krabs are barely there after this set-up portion. So that’s disappointing.

I also think that this episode could’ve done more with the role reversal between SpongeBob and Mrs. Puff. Because it feels more like “Nautical Novice” when it could’ve been…much better than that, let’s put it that way. And SpongeBob is kind of very annoying for much of this episode. Like the entire scene with the register just annoys me, and it isn’t funny. And honestly I just spend most of this episode feeling bad for Mrs. Puff, because she doesn’t even get a single break through all of this. Like Mr. Krabs comes out and gets rude with her when SpongeBob is being super freaking annoying, and it’s just an irritating mess.

The fact that the episode ends with Mrs. Puff being happy about being arrested should tell you all you need to know. And it’s not done in a charming way like “Doing Time” either, although having M’Wanna on in the background does mollify me a bit. But considering that Mrs. Puff did all this to avoid jail, and now ends up in jail for like 7 years (yeah idk where they got 4 years from) makes everything feel pointless. Especially because SpongeBob ends up volunteering at the jail for the entire summer. It’s just…annoying.

Episode Tier: Mediocre
Episode Score:
5.7/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Kinda mediocre. One half of me likes this one the other half doesnt. Its just Mrs. Puff being tortured for the entire episode. But some visuals are funny. Oh and SpongeBob you cant drive so why are you a Boating School teacher?

Rating: Mediocre Episode

Rankings:
Squidward in ClarinetLand (Amazing)
Back to the Past (Superior)
The Curse of Bikini Bottom (Superior)
The Inside Job (Great)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
A Day Without Tears (Good)
Kracked Krabs (Good)
The Bad Guy Club for Villains (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Model Sponge (Meh)
SpongeBob's Last Stand (Meh)
Summer Job (Mediocre)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Back