136a. A Day Without Tears

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

I just watched this episode for the first time... It was kind of annoying... I don't like it when Spongebob cries... It's just obnoxious. Also, this episode kind of reminded me of the season 4 episode "Funny Pants." When he's trying not to laugh...

I give it 5/10...

Piper

Moby Dollar
:squidward: Is that a tear I see?

Yeah for some reason this episode has Squidward In Clairinetland as a competition. No idea why, just weird...

JCM

#cancelspongebob
I found a lot of it amusing, but I wasn't crying tears of laughter, I wasn't.

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock
The crying bet was cool. Hilarious that Squidward keeps on trying to make SB cry, but it doesn't work until the very end. Squidward ends up crying too. :P

hasfarr

your mom
"And you wrote it on a chalkboard, yes..."

It was amusing. Not a great episode, but it was a good one.

6.5/10

spongey37

Moby Dollar
Lot of crying...

Just saying, this episode was 10/9.

I thought the storyline was creative.

Web Surfer

Banished
OneHungryHippo said:
This episode stinks. Not funny, and tries too hard to be sappy. The plot is too similar to Funny Pants, which wouldn't be a problem if this episode was actually funny.

2|10 Overall
Says the MoBroStudos quoter. Anyways, it was okay. 7.5/10

hfjs

I really really really hate this episode. This is just the epitome of pathetic. Spongebob cries about everything for half the episode, and Squidward bets him he can't cry for 12 hours at least. If Spongebob wins, Squidward is his slave for a lifetime or something, I can't remember. But Squidward tries to do tons of things that normally make SB cry, and Spongebob even does cry a couple of tiny tears while watching the news, but that's something it isn't meant to be noticed, and it's called Squid Abuse = funny to the writers sometimes, Spongebob wins and it ends with SQUIDWARD crying. WOW. JUST. WOW, WORDS CANNOT EXPLAIN-just agh.

I know many people hates this episode but to be honest, I actually liked this episode. I know SpongeBob cries too much in this episode but It was less annoying than All That Glitters and Funny Pants. I don't think It's a great episode because SpongeBob crying was a little annoying at the begining and some parts were boring. I liked this episode because there were some hilarious parts in this episode like Squidward saying "So far today, and it's not even 2: 00 yet, you have cried 43 times.", SpongeBob saying "And you wrote that number on a chalkboard.", then Squidward saying "Yes", then SpongeBob saying "why?" and then Squidward saying "I have no idea", the parts with Bikini Bottom Choir, Patrick taking SpongeBob's TV after SpongeBob threw the TV out of his window and Squidward crying at the end. I can understand why people hate this episode and I don't recommend this episode too but I thought It was a decent episode. 7.5/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Aaron Springer has been letting me down big time a lot in these later episodes he took part in directing and writing. This one at best had some missed opportunities especially where Squidward shows SpongeBob all the times he's cried. There were some okay scenes but it was very mediocre and annoying to watch.

This whole plot needed to be completely retooled in order for it to have had any chance of being actually funny and not have made it about something as pointless as crying if they were gonna go with the I dare you to do this kind of story idea.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Really? Aaron Springer had to make this one? Like New Spongebob didn't cry enough. Now there's an entire episode based on SB crying. Isn't that grand? No it's just another Squidward Torture episode. Yawn.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
Really? Aaron Springer had to make this one? Like New Spongebob didn't cry enough. Now there's an entire episode based on SB crying. Isn't that grand? No it's just another Squidward Torture episode. Yawn.
I disagree that this is another Squidward torture episode. Squidward is main antagonist in this episode and he tries to make SpongeBob cry, so he can win the bet but he loses the bet and he has to have a slumber party with SpongeBob. He deserved what he got. I agreed why you hate this episode though but I never thought this episode was annoying. By the way, old SpongeBob cried too much in some old episodes too.

Mantis

killer queen best stand
SB_DW_Fan said:
I disagree that this is another Squidward torture episode. Squidward is main antagonist in this episode and he tries to make SpongeBob cry, so he can win the bet but he loses the bet and he has to have a slumber party with SpongeBob. He deserved what he got. I agreed why you hate this episode though but I never thought this episode was annoying. By the way, old SpongeBob cried too much in some old episodes too.
But Old Spongebob actually had some reason to cry. In this episode, he just crys over nothing.

SurprisedPatrik

Floating Shopping List
the first part was spongebobs crying
thee second was the writers making the plot AS SAPPY AS POSSIBLE

NO.JUST NO. NO NO NO NO.

BabySmitty

Porous Freak
I'm sorry for the following opinion:

I think this episode is absolutely hilarious.

I'm a huge crybaby so I can relate to Spongebob here. And my best friend is just like Squidward, she always makes fun of me because I'm such a sentimentalist.

I think it's funny how oblivious Spongebob is to Squidward's jerkishness. And I like how Squidward isn't being overtly malicious. The episode could have taken the "Fools in April" route and made Squidward a sadist, but they just made him a troll.

Spongebob was soooooo cute in this episode- tearing up at the beautiful sunset, getting worried when he saw a snail stuck in a tree, being nice to Squidward when he was at his house, and saying, "Awww! He loooks like a little angel!" when he saw Gary sleeping.

The ending was fantastic- Squidward sobbing with despair on Spongebob's couch at the sleepover, with Spongebob lovingly cuddling him.

I... I freakin love this episode. I'm sorry.

Back