135a. Back to the Past

SimbaObsesser

Flying Dutchman's Sock

This episode was cool and interesting at the same time to me. Also, I feel like it's the longest episode of Spongebob to date so far. It's like 15 minutes long (I might be wrong)! And, this was based on the movie "Back to the Future" but different. What are your opinions about this episode.

Piper

Moby Dollar
It was an O.K episode. But to be honest, it was probably one of my least favorites. Just respectfully wasen't my kind of thing.

hasfarr

your mom
Burt Ward and Adam West play the younger versions of Barnacle Boy and Mermaid Man, respectfully. It was a nice chance to see what would've happened had our two superheroes not been able to stop EEEEEEEEVIIIIIIIIIIIIIL! (and all because of tartar sauce?)

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
I liked this episode, and though it was longer than the usual 11 minutes, to be honest I think it could have potentially been even longer than that. They could have developed the story a little more and turned it into a special episode.

My only gripe is that the young MM & BB in the accompanying segment (Bad Guy Club for Villains) are not voiced by Burt Ward and Adam West. I can't get my head around that.

spongey37

Moby Dollar
10/3

I mean the storyline was creative...

the episode was... pretty much a average episode.

Pete in Oz

Imitation Krab
the young MM & BB in the accompanying segment (Bad Guy Club for Villains) are not voiced by Burt Ward and Adam West. I can't get my head around that.

Agreed, an inconsistency that could easily have been avoided. West & Ward (despite probably being nearly as old as Borgnine and Conway) did a great job in "Back to the Past". "Back to the Past" gets my vote as one of the funniest episodes of recent seasons - the title alone made me laugh - but I must qualify this by saying that I don't recall laughing until the very end. It was a long set up for a very good payoff though.

hfjs

This was a pretty creative episode. It was decent overall though.

This episode was just awesome. It's definetly one of my favorite season 7 episodes. I always enjoy watching time travel episodes of my favorites shows like Roswell That Ends Well and The Late Philip J. Fry episodes of Futurama; Back to the Pilot and The Big Bang Theory episodes of Family guy and The Time Traveler's Pig episode of Gravity Falls. This episode was vell-writen and very funny. The funny parts are the running gag with Patrick eating tarter sauce, Patrick mistaking the time machine for a vending machine, Squilliam saying "Man Ray is Great", Patrick saying "I'm out of Man Ray dolars?" and there are more. the only problem was the ending because It was very confusing just like many Stewie and Brian traveling back to the 1999 in "Back to the Pilot" episode of Family Guy but It was actually funny and I can ignore that flaw. Just like Trophy said, It's a gem of season 7. I recommend this episode. 10/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Very very funny and creative episode. A big bright spot in Season 7 and the ending was hilarious. I think I've found another episode from the post movie era that I can gladly call one of my favorites. 10/10.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
withheldforprivacy said:
Challenge:Watch the episode carefully,mention all the timelines formed and erased by the time travels and describe what exactly happens at each
of them.
The episode shouldn't make much sense anyway, so it's pretty much an impossible mission.

Brilliant episode, though. It's like a post-movie version of SB-129, only more complex and less creepy.

9.5/10

Growlie

Best Boy
What's with that collar around Squilliam's neck? Is It some sort of shock collar? Or mind control device?

Back