132a. Yours, Mine and Mine

AngelSponge

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is TERRIBLE!I don't like how selfish Patrick was in this one,and the ending...oh god the ending!"Have you learn nothing about sharing?".Ugh!I give this episode a 0/10

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Updated review: This is my least favorite episode of the whole show. Now, I don't hate it as much as I used to, but it's still pretty bad. I hated how Patrick was portrayed here. All he did was hog the toy that SpongeBob bought for them to share. He probably just didn't know any better, but there was still absolutely no motivation for his actions. There were a couple funny moments, but most of it was just Patrick selfishly keeping the toy all to himself and SpongeBob never getting a turn. What really irks me is the very end where Patrick upright takes SpongeBob's money. However, I'm not the one to call him a "sociopath" like a certain fanbase. Again, I don't hate as much, but it's still my most hated episode of SpongeBob. 1/10

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Yours, Mine and Mine (S7-E132-A)

THIS EPISODE IS A ::dolphin noise::ING DISGRACE!!! I ::dolphin noise::ing hate it when Patrick Star became a selfish, bratty and stupid jerk to his best friend SpongeBob about a silly toy. I ::dolphin noise::ING HATE THE ENDING TOO! I mean seriously, Patrick getting SpongeBob's wallet without permission and saying "Have you learned nothing about sharing?" SERIOUSLY WRITERS?! This episode has pissed me off!!!

In conclusion, THIS EPISODE IS A MAJOR DISGRACE!!! It's like the writers give a middle finger to all Patrick Star fans! I'm never watching this crappy ::dolphin noise:: again.

Final Score = 0/10 :patboo: (Seasons 1-3 version Patrick Star reacting to the Season 4-9 version Patrick Star here in this ::dolphin noise::ty episode.)

HashRing

Baby Clam
​This episode is a perfect example of the exaggerated stupidity of Patrick in the newer episodes. While being extremely dumb is part of his character, this just took it too far. He was an absolute jerk, and he was downright annoying.

Definitely one of my least favorite episodes, or even my least favorite.

FinnDinner

Semi-Postaholic
This is one of Patrick's worst appearances in Season 7, and that's saying something with episodes like The Monster Who Came To Bikini Bottom or Back to the Past. This episode feels almost intentionally misguided, it is so messed up, and it literally makes me even more angry. When I say I don't like Season 7, I think of episodes like this. It isn't the worst episode since there were a few gags, but most of them were shot down by how irritating Patrick is, don't watch this episode please.

I thought that this was TERRIBLE: 1.7/10

Horrible episode after horrible episode! Patrick is so OOC here. It's not funny, just annoying. Patrick is literally the worst friend ever here, and the ending is just a slap in the face.

Ranking so far:
1. The Inside Job (A+)
2. Growth Spout (B)
3. Greasy Buffoons (B)
4. I Heart Dancing (B)
5. Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (B)
6. Model Sponge (C)
7. Tentacle-Vision (D)
8. Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (F)
9. Stuck in the Wringer (F)
10. Yours, Mine and Mine (F-)
11. A Pal for Gary (F-)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Oh good lord this episode is horrible. Patrick is intolerable this episode, and I think that's what really brings its downfall. The story isn't that bad (it's still a story that makes SpongeBob and Patrick seem like little kids but so did Sailor Mouth so whatever), but the execution is just so, so bad. SpongeBob didn't do anything wrong this episode, so watching Patrick throw a temper tantrum isn't cathartic and is in no way funny. The ending is also just bad.

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Underrated season 7 episode. While Patrick in the beginning and end was a little annoying, there were quite a few jokes and the general plot was actually quite entertaining. Not one of the best, but it's enjoyable.

Good Episode (7.5/10)

Bigsmoker

Frozen Cephalopod
I rewatched it some hours ago. This episode is surely a bad one, but not the worst. Patrick is very annoying in this episode. However, there are two funny moments(when Patrick says Gary is not his friend anymore and when Patrcik and Spongebob fight in Squidward's house and he just keeps drinking). 3.5/10

SpongeBobFan2008

Imitation Krab
Although it is a pretty bad episode, I think this ScumBob is not the worst of Season 7. The worst of Season 7 is infinitely Stuck in the Wringer.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Season 7 is really committed to shooting itself in the foot, isn’t it? I’m gonna be so honest right now…whenever I think of this episode I think of that reviewer. I know, I know. But I’m telling you I used to find his videos very entertaining? I still think they’re funny, but in a much different way now lol. But I say all this to say that a rewatch of this episode was sorely needed, because I remembered the reaction to it rather than the episode itself. And, as has been the trend of season 7 episodes so far, a rewatch did not lead me to doubting the public opinion. I find myself agreeing in general, but without as much of a negative view of this episode. I mean, very few episodes get me angered to the point of “Stuck in the Wringer”, so this is a given.

The episode begins…decently. Let’s just say it’s not funny, but it’s not boring. It’s just…there. SpongeBob convincing Patrick to get the kiddie meal was the first bit of real entertainment because of that little “1 dollar more” throwaway part of the line. But in general this scene is kind of like a combination of “Krusty Krab Training Video” and “Pat No Pay”. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just a thing I’m noticing. And then Patrick starts crying and it’s like…why did SpongeBob bring out the food before Patrick even paid. That’s not how food service works LMAO. Anyway, this is the set-up to the episode, as SpongeBob suggests buying the food “together” (which, given that Patrick has literally 0 money, means SpongeBob buying it).

It takes about 2 seconds from SpongeBob suggesting the idea for me to start getting annoyed. First off, I don’t like how much this episode leans into the child side of the adult-child line, because why is SpongeBob teaching Patrick about sharing??? But whatever, that’s fine. The second reason I get annoyed is because Patrick immediately just takes SpongeBob’s wallet and hands the money inside to Squidward. And I can immediately predict how that “joke” is going to resolve itself, and how the episode is going to be moving forward. Patrick eats the whole patty without sharing it with SpongeBob, and I’m sitting here with a very blank face because this is predictable and not funny. I did really like the joke with Mr. Krabs hearing “money back” and jumping out of his money bath for it, at least. I love how Mr. Krabs turns it into a business opportunity. I also really liked how SpongeBob got all weird with the toy, it kind of felt like the writers of this episode making fun of “To Love A Patty”, especially with Mr. Krabs’ reaction being like so many of ours at the time.

SpongeBob has fun with the toy, and both his and my enjoyment are broken by Patrick being…words I cannot say on this forum. It’s impressive how quickly Patrick is pissing me off here. And maybe it’s because I’m still relatively fresh off “Stuck in the Wringer”, but my god why is he so insufferable? The way he puts quotes around “sharing” is actually so infuriating because yes Patrick, you’re the one that already screwed up the sharing precedent by taking SpongeBob’s money and then eating the entire meal on your own. And once again, to get the toy, SpongeBob used entirely his own money. The toy is his. This episode almost feels like a response to “Waiting”, with Patrick being a jerkwad about a toy as opposed to SpongeBob, but unlike that episode, "Yours Mine and Mine" does not make one of these characters a jerk with even the thinnest veneer of comedy. I’d take that episode over this one any day. And I didn’t even like it!

I have to give credit to Bill Fagerbakke, because either he read the script and decided “I’m gonna make history by making Patrick sound so insanely smug and self-serving”, or the directors told him what to do and he understood the assignment completely. Not only do Patrick’s actions annoy me, but his voice is really the cherry on top, because just the way he talks really grinds my gears, and not because it’s unpleasant, but because being a jerkwad is laced into his voice here. It’s quite impressive, from a technical standpoint.

“Yours Mine and Mine” saw “The Card”, and decided it wanted to be even more annoying, because unlike that episode, Patrick here feels downright malicious. I also like how Gary clocked Patrick without even having to see him lol. Honestly this interaction between SpongeBob and Gary is pretty funny, and far more enjoyable than anything “A Pal For Gary” had to offer. And then I love how Gary appears again a minute later when Patrick’s like “You’re off my friend list, Gary!” (I hate to steal a joke from that reviewer, but that does really explain a lot about “Pet Sitter Pat” LMAO). Anyway, back to Patrick. The way he literally tries to lie to SpongeBob to avoid giving SpongeBob his toy is just annoying, and not even remotely as funny as it was likely meant to be. The way he just refuses to give up the toy at all is extremely annoying and I don’t understand what’s supposed to be funny here. I’ll talk about the whole fight between SpongeBob and Patrick a little later, but I’ll just say right here that the end of this fight, with Patrick literally eating/destroying the toy because if he can’t have it, then no one can, is…I feel too exhausted to even say annoying. But the ending little stinger of the episode…that was certainly a choice! A horrible choice, but a choice!

At least Sandy had an appearance in this episode. But her appearance is completely wasted. First off, this appearance is an example of a major issue of the episode which is not calling out Patrick for his jerkwad behavior, and instead portraying this as a conflict caused by both SpongeBob and Patrick. I could get it if SpongeBob wasn’t being reasonable, but he is so now what. Also, how did Sandy not even notice SpongeBob and Patrick’s lack of helmets? This little plot point is used to get SpongeBob and Patrick to leave the treedome, but the way they leave having learned absolutely nothing renders the whole scene extremely pointless. And then the extremely insulting line from SpongeBob about the “mediator lady” is just the cherry on top of how Sandy is completely wasted here. This line implies that SpongeBob and Patrick don’t even know Sandy, which already doesn’t make sense considering they went to her house screaming her name?? Seriously, someone on the writing staff must dislike Sandy or something, because first it’s “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy”, and now this. It also reeks of misogyny, which is a whole other conversation that I stand by.

Other than its infuriating nature, “Yours Mine and Mine” is kind of boring? It’s not very funny except for the moments I already highlighted, and without having an enjoyment aspect, the episode feels dull otherwise. There’s so many scenes that feel like they take too long. Like Patrick dancing with the toy just felt slow for some reason, even though it was like 20 seconds long. It’s very odd, and feels like season 6. The fight between SpongeBob and Patrick (when SpongeBob goes to Patrick’s house, not the part at the Krusty Krab) had real potential because it actually started decently. But once SpongeBob jumps off of Patrick’s house, this potential is completely wiped away. Like we really could’ve had the kind of banter and conflict from episodes like “Battle of Bikini Bottom” or “Sand Castles in the Sand” or “Rock-a-Bye Bivalve”, but nope, we just go to boring. The complete lack of attempts at dialogue humor really drag this entire segment down. The only part I liked was when they went into Squidward’s house and Squidward doesn’t even bat an eye. But I think the fact that literally everything except the main conflict in the episode was funny (or at least had moments of being funny) shows how this main conflict should’ve been changed or scrapped. Because you can’t have only the peripheral things be entertaining. You just can’t.

Episode Tier: Bad
Episode Score:
3.5/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Season 7 is really committed to shooting itself in the foot, isn’t it? I’m gonna be so honest right now…whenever I think of this episode I think of that reviewer. I know, I know. But I’m telling you I used to find his videos very entertaining? I still think they’re funny, but in a much different way now lol. But I say all this to say that a rewatch of this episode was sorely needed, because I remembered the reaction to it rather than the episode itself. And, as has been the trend of season 7 episodes so far, a rewatch did not lead me to doubting the public opinion. I find myself agreeing in general, but without as much of a negative view of this episode. I mean, very few episodes get me angered to the point of “Stuck in the Wringer”, so this is a given.

The episode begins…decently. Let’s just say it’s not funny, but it’s not boring. It’s just…there. SpongeBob convincing Patrick to get the kiddie meal was the first bit of real entertainment because of that little “1 dollar more” throwaway part of the line. But in general this scene is kind of like a combination of “Krusty Krab Training Video” and “Pat No Pay”. Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. Just a thing I’m noticing. And then Patrick starts crying and it’s like…why did SpongeBob bring out the food before Patrick even paid. That’s not how food service works LMAO. Anyway, this is the set-up to the episode, as SpongeBob suggests buying the food “together” (which, given that Patrick has literally 0 money, means SpongeBob buying it).

It takes about 2 seconds from SpongeBob suggesting the idea for me to start getting annoyed. First off, I don’t like how much this episode leans into the child side of the adult-child line, because why is SpongeBob teaching Patrick about sharing??? But whatever, that’s fine. The second reason I get annoyed is because Patrick immediately just takes SpongeBob’s wallet and hands the money inside to Squidward. And I can immediately predict how that “joke” is going to resolve itself, and how the episode is going to be moving forward. Patrick eats the whole patty without sharing it with SpongeBob, and I’m sitting here with a very blank face because this is predictable and not funny. I did really like the joke with Mr. Krabs hearing “money back” and jumping out of his money bath for it, at least. I love how Mr. Krabs turns it into a business opportunity. I also really liked how SpongeBob got all weird with the toy, it kind of felt like the writers of this episode making fun of “To Love A Patty”, especially with Mr. Krabs’ reaction being like so many of ours at the time.

SpongeBob has fun with the toy, and both his and my enjoyment are broken by Patrick being…words I cannot say on this forum. It’s impressive how quickly Patrick is pissing me off here. And maybe it’s because I’m still relatively fresh off “Stuck in the Wringer”, but my god why is he so insufferable? The way he puts quotes around “sharing” is actually so infuriating because yes Patrick, you’re the one that already screwed up the sharing precedent by taking SpongeBob’s money and then eating the entire meal on your own. And once again, to get the toy, SpongeBob used entirely his own money. The toy is his. This episode almost feels like a response to “Waiting”, with Patrick being a jerkwad about a toy as opposed to SpongeBob, but unlike that episode, "Yours Mine and Mine" does not make one of these characters a jerk with even the thinnest veneer of comedy. I’d take that episode over this one any day. And I didn’t even like it!

I have to give credit to Bill Fagerbakke, because either he read the script and decided “I’m gonna make history by making Patrick sound so insanely smug and self-serving”, or the directors told him what to do and he understood the assignment completely. Not only do Patrick’s actions annoy me, but his voice is really the cherry on top, because just the way he talks really grinds my gears, and not because it’s unpleasant, but because being a jerkwad is laced into his voice here. It’s quite impressive, from a technical standpoint.

“Yours Mine and Mine” saw “The Card”, and decided it wanted to be even more annoying, because unlike that episode, Patrick here feels downright malicious. I also like how Gary clocked Patrick without even having to see him lol. Honestly this interaction between SpongeBob and Gary is pretty funny, and far more enjoyable than anything “A Pal For Gary” had to offer. And then I love how Gary appears again a minute later when Patrick’s like “You’re off my friend list, Gary!” (I hate to steal a joke from that reviewer, but that does really explain a lot about “Pet Sitter Pat” LMAO). Anyway, back to Patrick. The way he literally tries to lie to SpongeBob to avoid giving SpongeBob his toy is just annoying, and not even remotely as funny as it was likely meant to be. The way he just refuses to give up the toy at all is extremely annoying and I don’t understand what’s supposed to be funny here. I’ll talk about the whole fight between SpongeBob and Patrick a little later, but I’ll just say right here that the end of this fight, with Patrick literally eating/destroying the toy because if he can’t have it, then no one can, is…I feel too exhausted to even say annoying. But the ending little stinger of the episode…that was certainly a choice! A horrible choice, but a choice!

At least Sandy had an appearance in this episode. But her appearance is completely wasted. First off, this appearance is an example of a major issue of the episode which is not calling out Patrick for his jerkwad behavior, and instead portraying this as a conflict caused by both SpongeBob and Patrick. I could get it if SpongeBob wasn’t being reasonable, but he is so now what. Also, how did Sandy not even notice SpongeBob and Patrick’s lack of helmets? This little plot point is used to get SpongeBob and Patrick to leave the treedome, but the way they leave having learned absolutely nothing renders the whole scene extremely pointless. And then the extremely insulting line from SpongeBob about the “mediator lady” is just the cherry on top of how Sandy is completely wasted here. This line implies that SpongeBob and Patrick don’t even know Sandy, which already doesn’t make sense considering they went to her house screaming her name?? Seriously, someone on the writing staff must dislike Sandy or something, because first it’s “Someone’s in the Kitchen With Sandy”, and now this. It also reeks of misogyny, which is a whole other conversation that I stand by.

Other than its infuriating nature, “Yours Mine and Mine” is kind of boring? It’s not very funny except for the moments I already highlighted, and without having an enjoyment aspect, the episode feels dull otherwise. There’s so many scenes that feel like they take too long. Like Patrick dancing with the toy just felt slow for some reason, even though it was like 20 seconds long. It’s very odd, and feels like season 6. The fight between SpongeBob and Patrick (when SpongeBob goes to Patrick’s house, not the part at the Krusty Krab) had real potential because it actually started decently. But once SpongeBob jumps off of Patrick’s house, this potential is completely wiped away. Like we really could’ve had the kind of banter and conflict from episodes like “Battle of Bikini Bottom” or “Sand Castles in the Sand” or “Rock-a-Bye Bivalve”, but nope, we just go to boring. The complete lack of attempts at dialogue humor really drag this entire segment down. The only part I liked was when they went into Squidward’s house and Squidward doesn’t even bat an eye. But I think the fact that literally everything except the main conflict in the episode was funny (or at least had moments of being funny) shows how this main conflict should’ve been changed or scrapped. Because you can’t have only the peripheral things be entertaining. You just can’t.

Episode Tier: Bad
Episode Score: 3.5/10
I have to say I hate this episode more than you...

It's my 3rd least favorite of the season

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I have to say I hate this episode more than you...

It's my 3rd least favorite of the season
That is very fair. I thought about rating it lower, but I decided that I needed to make the abysmal tier actually hard to get to LMAO, season 7 has been really just putting episodes in there left and right. And this episode did have a few good things about it I suppose.

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Hey look guys! Seriously hey look! We gotten 2 TERRIBLE EPISODES IN A ROW! Why does this exist? Hey Patrick have you learned nothing about sharing? You have not apparently. Patrick please go back to kindergarten.

Rating: Despicable episode

Rankings:
The Inside Job (Great)
I ❤️ Dancing (Good)
Greasy Buffoons (Good)
Growth Spout (Okay)
Tentacle-Vision (Okay)
Keep Bikini Bottom Beautiful (Alright)
Model Sponge (Meh)
Stuck in the Wringer (Mediocre)
Someone's in the Kitchen with Sandy (Despicable)
Yours, Mine and Mine (Despicable)
A Pal for Gary (Despicable)

Back