131b. A Pal for Gary

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
I agree with everything you said, this episode was disgusting and too stupid for my taste. I agree with the rating as well. A Pal for Gary didn't need to be made!

SBRoxMan

SpongeBobRocksMan
I'm not sure what my opinion on this episode is. I don't hate any episode of the show, but SpongeBob was definitely a jerk in this episode! The storyline has been done many times before, where a bad person causes trouble and the good guy gets the blame, but usually the bad guy gets caught in the end. I felt sorry for Gary when he was about to be eaten, and all SpongeBob did was tell Gary off! Then of course, Gary saves SpongeBob's life, and he blames Gary for the whole thing! I know SpongeBob can be oblivious at times, but not THAT oblivious!

Ugly Barnacle

I'm not really ugly, I just stink
Now that I think about it, pretty much every Gary-centric episode in seasons 6-8 have tons of Gary abuse in them: Grooming Gary, this episode, The Cent of Money, Pet Sitter Pat, etc. The abuse towards him really annoys me, even more than Squidward abuse. That poor little snail! And to almost be eaten? :O

Now that I think about it, pretty much every Gary-centric episode in seasons 6-8 have tons of Gary abuse in them: Grooming Gary, this episode, The Cent of Money, Pet Sitter Pat, etc. The abuse towards him really annoys me, even more than Squidward abuse. That poor little snail! And to almost be eaten? :O

Yeah, why does Gary get the abuse? He's the only character who has never had an annoying as heck moment. Innocent characters don't deserve the abuse.

Kumatora0203

Moby Dollar
3rd worst episode behind one coarse meal and stuck in the wringer
Man this episode saddens me because even a 13 year old idiot knew how to make this episode ok
Make spongebob obvious until going to bed then he wakes up sees Gary getting tortured by puffy fluffy save Gary and have been redeemed from being obvious but nope just make him stupid the whole way through and abuse Gary sigh
-5k/10

Hasbean

Flying Dutchman's Sock
I don't exactly like Squidward, but with this travesty I can understand why his fans get outraged at every mean-spirited STP episode produced. This is one of the few episodes of SB where I felt legitimately ANGRY while watching because my favorite character was being abused for no reason. Short summary: Spongebob feels guilty that he's been leaving Gary alone. Meanwhile, Gary is shown to be enjoying himself while watching Westerns, which is admittedly pretty cool. Too bad Spongebob has to ruin it by bringing Puffy Fluffy into his home. Speaking of Spongebob, he was so outrageously dumb here he'd make S6 Pat look smart. Gipsy warns him PF is temperamental with other pets: SB ignores her and leaves without paying. Gary obviously frightened of PF who roars at him and steals his food when he tries to he nice: SB blames Gary for not sharing and ignoring PF's terror tactics. Then Gary discovers PF going on a fridge raid, where he has inexplicably transformed into some horrific monster with four mouthlike tongues that wouldn't look out of place in a scifi horror show. He starts chasing Gary, whose panicked meows had me going "MY POOR BABY MOLLUSK!!!! HOW COULD YOU, CA AND ZC???" SB arrives, seeing Gary in PF's main mouth about to be ripped in half and eaten, and what happens? He blames Gary for trying to hurt Puffy Fluffy.

::all 13 words you should never say::

That's it. This goes beyond stupidity. It's beyond blindness. I'm actually going to put a theory out that SB was being this naive on purpose, because even Patrick would realize that PF wasn't exactly innocent. It's OOC, but so is this level of negative IQ points. So PF tries to eat SB in the same way he tried eating Gary, but our intrepid snail rescues him by using the Western techniques he watched at the beginning of the episode (a short, but neat sequence). Puffy Fluffy is frightened off. And what does Gary get for his heroic actions? He gets yelled at by Gary for chasing away PF. At this point, I walked around my house in rage, ate some chocolate, and rewatched Have You Seen This Snail, and this episode still left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm biased because it's Gary, but this is my least favorite episode EVER. At least Atlantis Squarepantis didn't have wanton character abuse.

It's my headcanon that chronologically this takes place before Have You Seen This Snail (but maybe after Dumped if you think SB was only pretending). It's easy to see why Gary would abandon him after this nightmare. Thankfully they made up for it with Gary's Chew Toy.

I can't give a rating low enough for this ::dolphin noise::

-infinity/10

GordokTheMad

Stealing food is WRONG!
My reaction to this episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9q5HRChls

In another words... WORST. EPISODE. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seethingplz.gif

Rating: -9999999999999999999999/10

EDIT: New rating: -99999999999999999999999 and infinity/10

This episode :dolphinnoise: me off. It's one of the worst episode of season 7. It's not horrible as people says but It's still bad. There were no funny moments in this episode, except the part when Gary watches a movie. I also liked the part when Gary tried to stop Puffy Fluffy. There were two reasons why I hated this episode. SpongeBob was very unlikeable in this episode. He keeps blaming Gary in this episode. I also think Puffy Fluffy is too scary for kids and the kids shouldn't watch this episode. I can understand why everyone hates this episode. If you didn't watch this episode, please stay far away from this episode. 3/10

CalzoneManiac

Baby Clam
Hasbean said:
I don't exactly like Squidward, but with this travesty I can understand why his fans get outraged at every mean-spirited STP episode produced. This is one of the few episodes of SB where I felt legitimately ANGRY while watching because my favorite character was being abused for no reason. Short summary: Spongebob feels guilty that he's been leaving Gary alone. Meanwhile, Gary is shown to be enjoying himself while watching Westerns, which is admittedly pretty cool. Too bad Spongebob has to ruin it by bringing Puffy Fluffy into his home. Speaking of Spongebob, he was so outrageously dumb here he'd make S6 Pat look smart. Gipsy warns him PF is temperamental with other pets: SB ignores her and leaves without paying. Gary obviously frightened of PF who roars at him and steals his food when he tries to he nice: SB blames Gary for not sharing and ignoring PF's terror tactics. Then Gary discovers PF going on a fridge raid, where he has inexplicably transformed into some horrific monster with four mouthlike tongues that wouldn't look out of place in a scifi horror show. He starts chasing Gary, whose panicked meows had me going "MY POOR BABY MOLLUSK!!!! HOW COULD YOU, CA AND ZC???" SB arrives, seeing Gary in PF's main mouth about to be ripped in half and eaten, and what happens? He blames Gary for trying to hurt Puffy Fluffy.

::all 13 words you should never say::

That's it. This goes beyond stupidity. It's beyond blindness. I'm actually going to put a theory out that SB was being this naive on purpose, because even Patrick would realize that PF wasn't exactly innocent. It's OOC, but so is this level of negative IQ points. So PF tries to eat SB in the same way he tried eating Gary, but our intrepid snail rescues him by using the Western techniques he watched at the beginning of the episode (a short, but neat sequence). Puffy Fluffy is frightened off. And what does Gary get for his heroic actions? He gets yelled at by Gary for chasing away PF. At this point, I walked around my house in rage, ate some chocolate, and rewatched Have You Seen This Snail, and this episode still left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm biased because it's Gary, but this is my least favorite episode EVER. At least Atlantis Squarepantis didn't have wanton character abuse.

It's my headcanon that chronologically this takes place before Have You Seen This Snail (but maybe after Dumped if you think SB was only pretending). It's easy to see why Gary would abandon him after this nightmare. Thankfully they made up for it with Gary's Chew Toy.

I can't give a rating low enough for this ::dolphin noise::

-infinity/10
I agree with you. SpongeBob's actions make S6 Pat look like a frickin' college professor for god's sake!

GordoktheMad said:
My reaction to this episode?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0N9q5HRChls

In another words... WORST. EPISODE. EVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
seethingplz.gif

Rating: -99999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999/10
IKR! Rating: -999999999/10

Peterson

ʎlʇɔǝɹɹoɔ ƃuıdʎʇ ɹoɟ looɔ
Stuck in Center Parcs Whinfell Forest, England for
At first when I watched this episode, I thought it was OK. Of course, I was oblivious as well at that time. But when I watched it again, I realised how Spongebob treats Gary and his obliviousness. The worst part in my opinion?

Spongebob: "Gary, you put Fluffy down right now!". O_O What... How does he not see that Gary is in Fluffys MOUTH, about to be killed!?

What an idiot SB is in this episode. Poor Gary. Rating: -π/10. (Minus infinity, or minus pi.)

Peterson said:
At first when I watched this episode, I thought it was OK. Of course, I was oblivious as well at that time. But when I watched it again, I realised how Spongebob treats Gary and his obliviousness. The worst part in my opinion?

Spongebob: "Gary, you put Fluffy down right now!". O_O What... How does he not see that Gary is in Fluffys MOUTH, about to be killed!?

What an idiot SB is in this episode. Poor Gary. Rating: -π/10. (Minus infinity, or minus pi.)
I hate this episode so much too but I hate One Coarse Meal MOAR.

Back