131b. A Pal for Gary

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
BagelsinEurope said:
I just found out that there's a game based off of this episode where you try to kill a bunch of puffy fluffys:

http://www.nick.com/games/spongebob-squarepants-garys-revenge.html

I haven't played it, but according to Encyclopedia Spongebobia, it's like angry birds, but instead of killing pigs, you kill puffy fluffys.
At least something good did come out of this episode after all.

Murvine Taylor

Proud Hater of GoAnimate Boris!
This episode could have been better if SpongeBob didn't act like a jerk. I did feel bad for Gary, but SpongeBob's characterization was the biggest flaw. He is supposed to be kind, not accussive and ungrateful. I did however like the idea of him getting another pet. Overall, another mediocre episode.

Rating:5/10

After rewatching this episode (a while ago, I just never posted this review) I don't think it's AS bad as I said in my earlier post. It's tied for my least favorite episode with Fungus Among Us. Yes, Fungus Among Us. Personally, I almost hate that episode more but whatever. It's still horrible, just not "KILL IT THIS IS THE MOST TERRIBLE THING TO EVER COMR OUT OF SPONGEBOB I HATE THIS EPISODE WORST THING EVER" as I said earlier. I am not defending it, I'm just saying it's not as bad as I said earlier. I still despise this episode, but I despise Fungus Among Us just as much or more. I'll have to rewatch both. *gulps* 1/10

Tstarr

I'm not a Krusty Krab.
It's in my bottom 3, and it's right down there with One Coarse Meal and Pet Sitter Pat.

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
Here are my Top 10 Favorite Eminem Songs:
10. Puke
9. Evil Deeds
8. My Band by D12
7. My First Single
6. Big Weenie
5. Mockingbird
4. Rain Man
3. Just Lose It
2. ::dolphin noise:: Like That
1. F**k

This has nothing to do with A Pal for Gary, I just wanted to share all my favorite Eminem songs.

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Okay, maybe I was overreacting before in my last post about this episode, but you guys have no idea how much I hate this episode so much. In the show, SpongeBob is supposed to be an optimistic character who's always happy and wants to have fun and make the best of every situation he gets into.
Yeah, but even a happy character needs to have some emotion that isn't optimism. (Hence why I hate Wander...)

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: A Pal For Gary

This is the worst Spongebob atrocity ever! Poor Gary was abused for no reason! Spongebob was flanderized, and so out of character here. I liked it when Gary saved Spongebob's life (even if he was a big jerk). There were 2 funny jokes. 1.5/10

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Web Surfer 2.0 said:
Man, look at all the butthurt in this thread. I hated this episode as much as the next guy, but I wouldn't say it was personally enraging.
I honestly feel the same way at this point. Yeah it still sucks from a storytelling standpoint but there are so many other things that honestly rile me up 1000x more than some lame episode of SB and that I also feel are way more important too. I'm also not gonna dwell on some episode that came out well over 4 and a half years ago.

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
me in this thread at everyone having the same opinion
tumblr_m6l0bpPlE31qcoe99.gif

President Squidward

Mmmm donuts.
Season: 6
Episode: A Pal For Gary
This is the worst Spongebob atrocity ever! Poor Gary was abused for no reason! Spongebob was flanderized, and so out of character here. I liked it when Gary saved Spongebob's life (even if he was a big jerk). There were 2 funny jokes. 1.5/10
Again, he wasn't abused.

end

President Squidward said:
Again, he wasn't abused.
Hate to be that guy, but what episodes do you hate? It seems you're doing this to be contrarian and nothing else.

Back