130b. Model Sponge

Jibbix

Balloon Traveler

Ah, Model Sponge. This is Mr. Lawrence's first episode on Spongebob since Season 2. And, I'll admit, it's pretty great all the way through. From Spongebob's conversation with Squidward about being the "Little Guy" to the billboard scene (this is a job for a Sponge!) and Drinkable Sausage, it's a great episode for Season 7, and feels very much like a Rocko's Modern Life episode. IMO, it's a contender for best Post-Movie episode, but it's overlooked a lot of the time. It's some really great work from Casey, Zeus, and Doug. 10/10.

Yes, it's that spectacular. Your thoughts on the episode?

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This post is pretty biased and as a result has been deleted.

GoodNoodle

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Now that I think about it, this episode was pretty good, and did feel like Rocko's Modern Life. 7.4/10.

hfjs

This was a decent episode. 6.5/10 actually.

I liked this episode but It's not one of my favorite season 7 episodes because some parts were boring and I think this episode could have been better but It's still a great episode. Some parts made me laugh like Patrick borrowing SpongeBob's refrigerator, then SpongeBob saying "What happened to yours" and then Patrick saying "Nothing, It's just empty", SpongeBob singing, the commercial and the ending. I rate this episode 8.5/10

Mantis

killer queen best stand
Why do they always have to rip-off Karate Choppers and Squid On Strike? They almost never get it right. Same with Bummer Vacation, its the exact same formula. SpongeBob gets fired and tries to get another job and he fails and Mr. Krabs wants him back. That's what happens in every post-movie firing SpongeBob ones.

Spongetron Robotpants said:
Why do they always have to rip-off Karate Choppers and Squid On Strike? They almost never get it right. Same with Bummer Vacation, its the exact same formula. SpongeBob gets fired and tries to get another job and he fails and Mr. Krabs wants him back. That's what happens in every post-movie firing SpongeBob ones.
Spongebob didn't get fired in Bummer Vacation. Mr. Krabs told him to take some time off from work, but he has difficulty staying away.

RedSoxFan274

Baseball. Hockey. SBM vet. I drop in unexpectedly.
Spongebob didn't get fired in Bummer Vacation. Mr. Krabs told him to take some time off from work, but he has difficulty staying away.

But in all instances, his firings/forced vacations have been for the same reason: to save Mr. K a load of cash. And considering how every time SB gets fired he comes back in pretty much the same amount of time as in Bummer Vacation, there's really not too much point in differentiating between them.

The early scenes in this where SB can't do anything except make a Krabby Patty were completely ripped off by "SpongeBob, You're Fired." These episodes are getting so repetitive it's almost insulting.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
RedSoxFan274 said:
But in all instances, his firings/forced vacations have been for the same reason: to save Mr. K a load of cash. And considering how every time SB gets fired he comes back in pretty much the same amount of time as in Bummer Vacation, there's really not too much point in differentiating between them.

The early scenes in this where SB can't do anything except make a Krabby Patty were completely ripped off by "SpongeBob, You're Fired." These episodes are getting so repetitive it's almost insulting.
I can see why that would be after 200+ episodes and what, 14+ years of being on the air. Nick just won't stop ordering new seasons so expect more reused ideas and throwaway specials to meet their quota. I also think that the "special" was another one where there was probably more than meets the eye behind the scenes wise that we don't know about but that's just my two cents on that matter.

MadFred

ooooooofy day
iyamtheman72 said:
I can see why that would be after 200+ episodes and what, 14+ years of being on the air. Nick just won't stop ordering new seasons so expect more reused ideas and throwaway specials to meet their quota. I also think that the "special" was another one where there was probably more than meets the eye behind the scenes wise that we don't know about but that's just my two cents on that matter.
Spongebob still has creative episodes in the last seasons, like Planet of the Jellyfish and Plankton's Pet. They just need to put more thought on the plot, and, as much as I hate to admit it.. Better writers.

Ohad said:
Spongebob still has creative episodes in the last seasons, like Planet of the Jellyfish and Plankton's Pet. They just need to put more thought on the plot, and, as much as I hate to admit it.. Better writers.
To a certain extent true. Who knows what the post second movie season might hold. Maybe lots of new, fresh talent on board to make things fresher I hope and before anyone objects to that, as much as it would be cool if the even older writers returned, I don't see that as being likely at all. They all seem very busy doing other work and have long moved on from The Bob. Derek Drymon from what I heard has been working at Dreamworks for a while.

Okay finally saw this one. Pretty average stuff, especially with the story but I gave them some extra points for bringing back that Hand guy (I think Hans is his name, I dunno). Between this and a lot of the other episodes in this season, I'll happily watch this one over any of those any day and there wasn't anything else I really had a problem with, so this one gets a 6.5/10

Kerdem

Banished
OK.I'm Suprised Nobody Hates This One.First Off It Directly Rips Off As Seen On Tv .Most Parts Are Boring And Pointless.And That Commercial Was Very Disgusting And Uncomfortable To Watch. 2/10

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Model Sponge

This episode was decent. I kinda liked the plot, and it felt indeed like a Rocko's Modern Life episodes. It had some jokes. 6.5/10

Bl4zeTMG

Four Twenny Blaze
Dull and boring. While I like the plot on how simple and clever it is, it's just... Dull.. The only joke I can really find here is the very ending. That's about it. I will say that it's an upper meh episode. 6/10

SpongeyKid

mynameisspongeykid
Pretty good/watchable. I'd give it around a 7.5/10 or so.

The bathroom commercial scene and the return of Hans was great.

Back