129a. Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy

Homie

get outer my space!
Does anyone know where this image came from?

20090807185806!Someone%27s_in_the_Kitchen_with_Sandy.jpg

I heard someone say it was the original titlecard, which is some SBwiki information. Can anyone verify this?

Supmandude

Squog
Pretty funny, but some of it was just annoying. First of all, Sandy wasn't naked and secondly she still had her suit because Planton didn't (did she just assume it wasn't there and leave?). It was annoying that they kept emphasising her nakedness when she wasn't naked! They could have just made her look like an actual squirrel missing its fur and there would be no problems from the censors or anything, plus that'd work better for the plot. Minnie Mouse doesn't wear a shirt and that's no problem because she's a mouse! It could have been the exact same thing here, except for, you know, a squirrel.

Not that I really want to see Sandy naked or anything, it just would have made the plot actually some sense at all. :P

I give it about a 6.5/10

More

VIP
Supmandude said:
Pretty funny, but some of it was just annoying. First of all, Sandy wasn't naked and secondly she still had her suit because Planton didn't (did she just assume it wasn't there and leave?). It was annoying that they kept emphasising her nakedness when she wasn't naked! They could have just made her look like an actual squirrel missing its fur and there would be no problems from the censors or anything, plus that'd work better for the plot. Minnie Mouse doesn't wear a shirt and that's no problem because she's a mouse! It could have been the exact same thing here, except for, you know, a squirrel.

Not that I really want to see Sandy naked or anything, it just would have made the plot actually some sense at all. :P

I give it about a 6.5/10
I'd give this a dislike if i could but i respect your opinion.

At least you don't love it.

Supmandude

Squog
I'd give this a dislike if i could but i respect your opinion.
Why? :( You wouldn't want Sandy to be naked? I'm talking nothing visible ignore the fact that she's a girl (because she's a freaking squirrel) real-type squirrelly, nothing there at all squirrel. Male characters like SpongeBob being naked and just having nothing there is fine, but there seems to be a double standard with girls even though they're both animals. Although to be fair, she is seen with a bra in the show normally so maybe that would make it a little awkward even if there is nothing.

By the way, this was what Robert Ryan Cory intended her to look like, but it was turned down for being too gross/off-model/funny:

Skinless Sandy by robertryancory, on Flickr

The episode would have gotten at least a 9/10 if she looked like that because it would have added visual humor. :P

Supmandude said:
Why? :( You wouldn't want Sandy to be naked? I'm talking nothing visible ignore the fact that she's a girl (because she's a freaking squirrel) real-type squirrelly, nothing there at all squirrel. Male characters like SpongeBob being naked and just having nothing there is fine, but there seems to be a double standard with girls even though they're both animals. Although to be fair, she is seen with a bra in the show normally so maybe that would make it a little awkward even if there is nothing.

By the way, this was what Robert Ryan Cory intended her to look like, but it was turned down for being too gross/off-model/funny:

The episode would have gotten at least a 9/10 if she looked like that because it would have added visual humor. :P
Eww, gross!!!

Homie

get outer my space!
Supmandude said:

If she looked like that, it would instantly be my least favorite episode of the show.

EVSPONGEFAN

Balloon Traveler
A little gross, and it got annoying how the Bikinibottomites (is that how you spell it?) were yelling at Sandy. Its kind of boring, has quite a big amount of flaws,and it really could have had improved writing. My point is, it really is NOT a good episode.

Amphitrite

LBW Zelda
Sorry Supmandude, but none of these pictures are good. In fact, they're much worse than how she looks in the actual episode. ._.

Popeyes Haunted Barnacles

Sir Tweets and Eats a Lot
Only good thing I can say about that it is that it would made the story make SLIGHTLY more sense but still doesn't save it from being really really really really really really really really really really really really really really.........really really really really really really really really mindnumbingly boring, unfunny, pointless, waste of time, and stupid. If I wanna see Plankton try to disguise himself as something else, I can just watch "Imitation Krabs" for that.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 7

Episode: Someone's in the Kitchen With Sandy

This episode was terrible. The bikini bottomies were jerks towards Sandy. Plankton's idea was stupid, because it's a rip-off from Imitation Krabs. I only liked one joke. 2/10

The Real Nostalgia Critic

toby j rathjen is a monkey
The thing that always bothers me about this episode is the Bikini Bottomites' hypocrisy. So it's perfectly fine for everyone in Bikini Bottom to not wear clothes, yet when Sandy doesn't wear clothes, it's against the law?

As for the episode altogether, it was mediocre. The A-plot was a little better than the other one, but not by enough. And the "Oh, try again" part got repetitive and annoying really fast. I'm honestly not a big fan of jokes like that.

Also, I don't know if this is a minor nitpick, but this episode implies that Sandy wears a fur suit instead of the fur being a part of her body. Sorry, writers, but that's not how it works.

I'll give it a 4/10. It was pretty bad, but I'm too generous to give it a lower score.

screen_shot_2018-02-22_at_1.43.21_pm.png

Yay, you found my Szechuan Sauce! This hunt proves that you have an IQ high enough to watch Rick and Morty! Please post the link in this blog post.

end

Kind of a guilty pleasure. I thought the A-plot was alright but the Sandy subplot was pretty irritating. It's really bizarre that they keep referring to Sandy as "naked", yet she's in her undergarments. In that case, wouldn't SpongeBob be naked whenever he goes out in his underwear? Whatever. ***/*****

Kind of a guilty pleasure. I thought the A-plot was alright but the Sandy subplot was pretty irritating. It's really bizarre that they keep referring to Sandy as "naked", yet she's in her undergarments. In that case, wouldn't SpongeBob be naked whenever he goes out in his underwear? Whatever. ***/*****
***/*****, what is that?

Back