128b. Stuck in the Wringer

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
Were not even 5 episodes in 5 EPISODE IN AND WE ALREADY HAVE A AWFUL EPISODE THATS TOP 5 WORST EPISODES atleast season 6 took its time to get to the splinter and slide whistle stooges but no we aren't even on episode 5 and we have a AWFUL episode
  1. Growth Spout (10/10)
  2. I ❤️ Dancing (9/10)
  3. Tentacle Vision (8.5/10)
  4. Stuck In The Wringer (0/10)

Jovanaspongebobfan88

Floating Shopping List
I hate this episode!!!It's a total spongebob torture!!!! PATRICK WAS SUCH A JERK TO SPONGEBOB!!!!!BRO JUST WHY DOES THIS EXIST!!!!I WAS SO MAD AT PATRICK...NO .... JUST NO.0/10

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
Time to review one of my all time least favorite episodes. I haven't watched this one in while, why? Because it sucks. But I'm here to give my review on it, not flame it the whole time. But I'm gonna be doing a lot of hating. I'll just say it simply: I hate Stuck in the Wringer, and this is the first and last review I'll be doing on it.

I'd like to bring up this is a live review, I am actually watching Stuck in the Wringer at this moment (unfortunately).

Before I begin, I'd like to bring up the crying message. This episode almost brought me to tears from how bad it was. But to actually get on with it...

For the intro, I do like the music for the title card. The title card itself... eh. For a creative title card I'm not a huge fan of this one. Music was nice though. One of my friends made a joke about the title card, but seriously c'mon bro get your mind outta the gutter.

The idea of SpongeBob owning a wringer is actually quite smart, like Pug4Thugs brought up. I mean if you think about it, he's a sponge, it's pretty hard to dry a sponge off with a towel (have you ever tried it? I have), it doesn't work. So this was a smart idea to begin with.

For when he actually gets stuck. If Patrick were to actually be helpful instead of being the antagonist again (I really hate "antagonist Patrick"), then SpongeBob would already be out! Of course, that wouldn't make for a super interesting episode but at least we wouldn't have to deal with Stuck in the Wringer. This plot was pretty weak, just revolved around Patrick being no help to anyone and instead of being a lovable stupid character, he's an unhelpful dunce who just makes SpongeBob's life harder. Like SpongeBob later says in this episode "Maybe now you know how I feel about you ruining my life!". What a great friendship!

Personally, I think SpongeBob and Patrick's friendship had been on thin ice for a while. Seriously, I feel like they aren't even best friends in half of these episodes. Because I can name so many episodes were Patrick, SpongeBob's "best friend" was the main antagonist. Let's see, "Pet Sitter Pat", "Stuck in the Wringer", "The Card", "Dumped" (which I actually like...), and many more. And it does work sometimes, but not this time. This time, it failed. There's actually a PieGuyRulz video about "antagonist Patrick" and when it works.

And with a bit of pre-knowledge on this episode, I knew the minute Patrick stepped on the screen was when the plot was picking up to disaster. It's almost like the sound effect that plays when someone gets a wrong answer on The Price is Right played in my head.

Okay, watching the part with the glue again. Seriously, what was Patrick's thought process anyways? Seems like all those times he hit himself on the head in "Big Pink Loser" are starting to get to his mind. "Stuck? I can help with that!". Basically, Patrick's motivation was "hey buddy, now you're stuck forever!" Why on hell's earth would he want to be stuck in there forever? Not to add now that Patrick got him in there, he only tries even getting him so he can walk, not even attempting to remove him from the wringer itself. We've seen how strong Patrick is in episodes like "Valentine's Day" when he just rips that costume clean off that guy like it was made of paper. But no. And then, he starts talking to SpongeBob about his "quitter talk" like it wasn't his own fault he was in there.

But as I continue, a question is brought to mind: why do we want to see SpongeBob suffer? We don't! Mentioning the Pugs4Thugs review again, SpongeBob torture is far worse than Squidward torture. Like, sure, Squidward was kinda meant to be used for comedic relief in a lot of situations, he was kinda wrote like that. But SpongeBob? No! He's not a character I'd like to see get beaten up, unlike Bubble Bass, I wouldn't mind seeing him get hit with a frying pan.

But before the plot gets awful, I'd like to talk about how adorable SpongeBob looks while he's cooking the patties, one part where he's not in pain and constantly being thrown around like a chew toy. The whole joke about SpongeBob saying he got his outfit from the bathroom was a little upside to this episode, and I like how he seems happy still, he said that with no sarcasm whatsoever. Unlike I would have, if that were me. And I did laugh a little bit when Squidward's eyes fell out onto the Krabby Patty.

And then, we have a moment where SpongeBob, no matter how hard he tries, messing everything up. Usually I don't mind this. But I absolutely hate how little Mr. Krabs seems to care about SpongeBob being stuck. This isn't the Krabs I remember in episodes like "Bossy Boots". I want that Mr. Krabs back! Sure, I get the frustration, but no sympathy whatsoever. Reminds me of Krabs in "SpongeBob, You're Fired!", and that's not a good thing.

I did appreciate the bike rack joke though. Episodes plot almost ended once again! But no. Patrick has gotta ruin that too. Piece of :dolphinnoise: Patrick over here, "Don't you go crying on me!" It's your fault! God, did they try to make Patrick as unbearable as possible? Because if they did, they did good. "Crying doesn't solve anyone's problems", I cannot stand Patrick in this episode. I want the Patrick from episodes like "Nature Pants" when he cared so much about his friend he went as far as trying to put him in a jar. Or in another like "Patrick SmartPants", another good episode.

And the next part, with the ice cream, Patrick never even tries getting SpongeBob out. Seriously, like no effort at all.

I can honestly understand SpongeBob's frustration, I had buddies who'd do the same things with me. And it sucked! Of course I was never stuck in a wringer, that never happened to me. But like the one time I had an awful cold and my stupid ex-friend made me go to all this stuff with them, and eventually made me pass out.

That's it, I've seen enough SpongeBob torture. But no. It keeps going. And then the entire part when SpongeBob actually stands up for himself, the entire town blames him! God, this is the worst part! I've never wanted to punch a Bikini Bottom citizen more than I did when watching this episode.

Then Patrick still acts like it's not literally his fault. I mean, towards the end, when Patrick does actually seem to want to go back and hang out with SpongeBob, but he literally rips the metal door off his house like it was nothing! He could have easily gotten the glue off of SpongeBob.

(Seeing SpongeBob go slightly insane was a little relatable in the slightest way)

"This is all my fault!" Finally! You got it! Finally for once taking some responsibility! He actually seems sorry for it! This was what I was waiting for!

"I guess crying does solve your problems after all!" If that were true I would have a whole lot less problems. I'm joking of course, but seriously? And he just forgives him like that. Aw man.

(I'd like to mention any point from here on is no longer a live review, I got short because I "had to go to school", which almost brought me to tears just like this episode did)

But for more on writing-wise. Ever since watching Stuck in the Wringer it left me to think about this: why didn't the glue just come off in the first place? Of course people are like "Hugs4Softie, it's a cartoon, you're thinking about it way too much," maybe I am but it's fun! I love doing these reviews, they make my school days not so unbearable. But if you're going to write an entire plot around tears mysteriously melting the glue away, I just don't see how ocean water wouldn't.

The next issue is that the writing in this episode is internally inconsistent. The writing in this episode is internally inconsistent. By that I mean that literally the things that happen in the episode are contradictory. This is an issue I found with the whole carnival scene. The reaction of the Bikini Bottomites makes no sense, because they crowded around SpongeBob and Patrick in the first place because they wanted to be entertained by their fight. So why is it that when the fight actually happens, they’re mad at SpongeBob?? That does not follow.
And I'd like to bring up this point, I really agree. Like seriously, it's a fight, what did you expect, for them to hug and make up? Maybe the Bikini Bottomites are also forgetting that's the same dude who makes their food every day. And also, seriously, did no one have an ounce of empathy in this episode? The answer is no, which is stupid, why is everyone being a jerk? It would have made sense for the town to be jerks if Patrick had been the one to lash out at SpongeBob, but like I previously mentioned, SpongeBob had a valid reason to lash out.

I'm also planning on making something for this horrible episode. Given to me by FourTheFanatic (one of my best buddies). I'll show you guys when it's done, I'll tell you this in advance, though my writing is nothing of a masterpiece, I can assure you it's better than Stuck in the Wringer. It's basically Stuck in the Wringer but with Hugs4Softie.

Okay, for a final review of this episode:

0/10 even worse than "Squid Baby", "One Coarse Meal", "A Pal for Gary" and "Choir Boys" in my opinion. In fact, 0 may be generous of me. -2/10 is a better rating.

SpongebobMaster

What would you say is the worst?

I personally think it's this one, I just wanna know what you think
One Coarse Meal, A pal for gary and someones in the kitchen with sandy are very close but that one had the suicide scene atleast this one has a decent plot and a WAY better sister episode

Hugs4Softie

South Park Elementary Student of the Month
One Coarse Meal, A pal for gary and someones in the kitchen with sandy are very close but that one had the suicide scene atleast this one has a decent plot and a WAY better sister episode
Yeah, about the suicide reference:

I think "Are You Happy Now?" was executed way better than the scene in "One Coarse Meal"

SpongebobMaster

Yeah, about the suicide reference:

I think "Are You Happy Now?" was executed way better than the scene in "One Coarse Meal"
atleast in are you happy now it was for laughs but it failed miserably but in that scene there is not punchline

Back