127b. I ♥ Dancing

end

More_Spongebob_Sandy said:
This episode rarely gets any hate. Emphasis on the "rarely" this time. It gets about as much hate as The Inside Job, which I used to dislike but I've grown into. If you know where to look, it's at least there. And I'm fine with it, the show has had much, much, much worse. (My score of 37 Atrocity pts. is actually a bit misleading) And unlike Artist Unknown, it's not really "praised," per se (outside of SBM). I'm much more angered that it's not considered a rip-off, actually. At least the SpongeBob was theoretically in the same place, even though it was incredibly forced and I'd rather have SpongeBob get the fame, but it's better than having a part taken away from him. Well, it could, but it most likely isn't. And if SpongeBob was at the audition WHY didn't he ::dolphin noise::ing audition!? But still, he could have died from doing the same excercize for that long. And Squidward actually realized he got punished, and there's a little reasoning as to his behavior (though not enough), which is extremely selfish. And unlike AU, which opened on bragging, there was some okay humor in the beginning (my favorite being the pizza and knight falling on the table. However, that doesn't take away from the fact of how excessively cruel the episode is. SpongeBob did nothing wrong, besides breaking Squidward's treadmill, which was that little reasoning even though it was technically Squid's fault that he left SpongeBob doing it this long, and the "Who put you on the planet" thing (yes, I actually didn't like that, it was a rude comment and the expression was disturbing). It kind of looked like a Squidward torture ::dolphin noise::, but in this case it wasn't SpongeBob torturing him, he was only dancing to music. Any other wrong-doing he did to Squid were accidents. And SpongeBob was a great dancer. I mean great. He's just as talented at dancing as he was art, perhaps even better. The animation of the dance sequence compliments it. That's what makes it so hard to watch Squidward's criticisms. And it's unfortunate, since they actually made Squid unlikeable for once. However, it falls on the same path as Little Yellow Book, only worse. Another positive is the critic knew it was SpongeBob who was the one, despite SB still not getting the fame and fortune he deserves. By the way, Squidward is a horrible dancer. All he did was hop on one leg. The plot also came out as predictable. We knew what Squidward's plan was, and we knew SB would go against it somehow. And that predictability is enforced by how direct of a rip-off it is. Every element of it reminds me of Artist Unknown, which if not blantanly clear I really hate. Oh, and Squilliam was shoehorned in the end for fan service. Not cool, man, not cool.
Prime example of people taking SpongeBob way too seriously. TheMysteriousMrEnter much?

Prime example of people taking SpongeBob way too seriously. TheMysteriousMrEnter much?
Can we just stop ignoring the guy? Plus it's his opinion and Mr. Enter is a more tolerable than people thinks now (still he needs to chill but he improved a little)

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
I like this episode! It feels a lot like a pre-movie episode to me. Doesn't really have any glaring flaws, a bit light on jokes, but the dance scenes are enjoyable.

Alex Squarepants

angrier than ever
This episode is okay, it's not that great, and it's not the funniest episode. The only real memorable part is that, "Who Put You on the planet?" line. But other than that, the episode is pretty forgettable and Squidward was a little bit of a jerk throughout the episode. One thing that I did like about this was that the dances were a bit clever.

5/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
I like it, even though I think it's sister episode is WAYYY better...I enjoyed Squidward trying to get SpongeBob to dance....Man, how energetic can SpongeBob get :P He's like me ^^ I am way too energetic as well!! Another thing I like is the ending, that woman tells Squidward his dance was the best dance that she's ever seen in the last years and what I liked about that was Squidward's face , he was like ''What the...are you serious??really?? :O '' but ofcourse he got what he deserved for being such a jealous cherry-cake over SpongeBob...Another scene I liked was SpongeBob's dance , that goofy,awkward and weird dance you'd at a club and be like ''Why is everyone looking at me? Oh, well..'' And Squilliam teached the same dance at Squidward in the end, what a coincidence hahaha :D I'll give it a fair rating of 9/10 :)

Tuba95

Dead Inspector
I used to love this episode, but rewatching it, it is mediocre. :/ The "Epilogue" was hilarious, will say that. I had also forgot about the butt cramps, so that surprised me a bit.
hysterical.gif
6/10

MrTortellini00

lame funny
Tuba95 said:
I used to love this episode, but rewatching it, it is mediocre. :/ The "Epilogue" was hilarious, will say that. I had also forgot about the butt cramps, so that surprised me a bit.
hysterical.gif
6/10
That's Slimy Dancing, a season 5 episode that sure has some similarities with this season 7 episode.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: I ♥ Dancing (S7-E127-B)

I don't like this episode that much. The only thing I like is SpongeBob's groovy dance. I hate Squidward being envy and stealing SpongeBob's talent. Good thing Squilliam criticizes Squidward's dance too. The ending is good.

Final Score = 6/10

I kinda like this one. I love "Who put you on the planet?!" and there are some funny jokes. But the episode did feel kinda similar to Slimy Dancing, plus the dancing was a little repetitive, so that's why I'm not ranking this one any higher.

Ranking so far:
1. I Heart Dancing (B)
1. Tentacle-Vision (D)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A perfectly good episode. The jokes in this episode mostly hit the mark, especially the whole "who put you on the planet" thing. Also, I liked the brief return of Squilliam here. The episode wasn't about him, but it was nice to see him. It was also interesting to see Squidward's dancer side, as we don't usually see that aspect of his character. I do get this one confused with Slimy Dancing a lot, but it is still a good episode on its own. 7.5/10

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
A perfectly good episode. The jokes in this episode mostly hit the mark, especially the whole "who put you on the planet" thing. Also, I liked the brief return of Squilliam here. The episode wasn't about him, but it was nice to see him. It was also interesting to see Squidward's dancer side, as we don't usually see that aspect of his character. I do get this one confused with Slimy Dancing a lot, but it is still a good episode on its own. 7.5/10
Woah, I was the last person to post in this thread?? That's so interesting. This review is from 2018, so obviously I've got some updating to do. I actually basically agree with everything I said in my previous review, though I don't understand why I made the score so low back then (well I do...it was season 7 and back then I had the idea that everything in season 7 is bad). Well, now I have the chance to fix it so yay!

“I Heart Dancing” is simply a silly episode, and I love it for that. I really just like the vibes of this episode. The plot is very simple—dancing. And I think it makes perfect sense for SpongeBob to just randomly decide to be dance-crazed that day. Honestly I get it, I feel that way sometimes too. I actually just went to a concert where I was able to do a lot of dancing, it was nice. Anyway, all the animations of SpongeBob dancing in this episode are really nice too. I love how he dances while also doing work, because I do the same thing lol. Just that movement medicine. And of course the famous “who put you on the planet” dance is actually amazing and hilarious.

The plot gets a little more “complicated” as SpongeBob earns himself a dance audition. Squidward is delightfully devious in this episode, scheming to get SpongeBob to be so exhausted so that he can take his place in the audition. It makes all the universal justice put onto him in the end so very cathartic, but I’ll get there. SpongeBob and Squidward’s little dance outfits are so fun too. And I love how SpongeBob continually foils Squidward’s plans to exhaust him, they’re all pretty funny. The bit with the ribbons also reminded me a lot of “The Paper” for whatever reason. And actually, now that I’m thinking about it, this episode is a lot like “Artist Unknown” in SpongeBob being much better than Squidward in this activity because he actually brings joy into it. And hey, that’s a plot that doesn’t fail for me.

Eventually, Squidward manages to get SpongeBob exhausted by making him conform to this very strict dance routine, which I think makes sense. SpongeBob was able to freeform everything else, so makes sense that he couldn’t stick the landing on a very rigid set of moves. Rodger Bumpass’s delivery here just makes Squidward sound like such an a-hole and I love it. Squidward’s a jerk here, but it’s done in such an entertaining way (unlike certain episodes with a pink starfish being a jerk…).

And then comes the last couple minutes of the episode, the audition. Squidward’s dance is so horribly bad that I have to laugh. It’s like “Culture Shock” except he has even less talent LMAO. The episode surprises me though by having the judge actually be impressed by Squidward’s routine. This makes it all the more sweet when the other shoe drops and we along with Squidward find out that Squidward will be dancing in Squilliam’s show. And then we get the glorious ending of the episode, where Squilliam ends up doing the exact same “who put you on the planet” dance as SpongeBob. And I love how SpongeBob and Patrick are just in the audience for absolutely no reason. Just amazing.

“I Heart Dancing” is a great and hilarious episode that I have nothing bad to say about at all. I love when that happens! Honestly, season 7 is off to quite the strong start with its first two episodes. God I want this to last forever. But considering my most-hated episode is fast approaching…yeah.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9.3/10

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Woah, I was the last person to post in this thread?? That's so interesting. This review is from 2018, so obviously I've got some updating to do. I actually basically agree with everything I said in my previous review, though I don't understand why I made the score so low back then (well I do...it was season 7 and back then I had the idea that everything in season 7 is bad). Well, now I have the chance to fix it so yay!

“I Heart Dancing” is simply a silly episode, and I love it for that. I really just like the vibes of this episode. The plot is very simple—dancing. And I think it makes perfect sense for SpongeBob to just randomly decide to be dance-crazed that day. Honestly I get it, I feel that way sometimes too. I actually just went to a concert where I was able to do a lot of dancing, it was nice. Anyway, all the animations of SpongeBob dancing in this episode are really nice too. I love how he dances while also doing work, because I do the same thing lol. Just that movement medicine. And of course the famous “who put you on the planet” dance is actually amazing and hilarious.

The plot gets a little more “complicated” as SpongeBob earns himself a dance audition. Squidward is delightfully devious in this episode, scheming to get SpongeBob to be so exhausted so that he can take his place in the audition. It makes all the universal justice put onto him in the end so very cathartic, but I’ll get there. SpongeBob and Squidward’s little dance outfits are so fun too. And I love how SpongeBob continually foils Squidward’s plans to exhaust him, they’re all pretty funny. The bit with the ribbons also reminded me a lot of “The Paper” for whatever reason. And actually, now that I’m thinking about it, this episode is a lot like “Artist Unknown” in SpongeBob being much better than Squidward in this activity because he actually brings joy into it. And hey, that’s a plot that doesn’t fail for me.

Eventually, Squidward manages to get SpongeBob exhausted by making him conform to this very strict dance routine, which I think makes sense. SpongeBob was able to freeform everything else, so makes sense that he couldn’t stick the landing on a very rigid set of moves. Rodger Bumpass’s delivery here just makes Squidward sound like such an a-hole and I love it. Squidward’s a jerk here, but it’s done in such an entertaining way (unlike certain episodes with a pink starfish being a jerk…).

And then comes the last couple minutes of the episode, the audition. Squidward’s dance is so horribly bad that I have to laugh. It’s like “Culture Shock” except he has even less talent LMAO. The episode surprises me though by having the judge actually be impressed by Squidward’s routine. This makes it all the more sweet when the other shoe drops and we along with Squidward find out that Squidward will be dancing in Squilliam’s show. And then we get the glorious ending of the episode, where Squilliam ends up doing the exact same “who put you on the planet” dance as SpongeBob. And I love how SpongeBob and Patrick are just in the audience for absolutely no reason. Just amazing.

“I Heart Dancing” is a great and hilarious episode that I have nothing bad to say about at all. I love when that happens! Honestly, season 7 is off to quite the strong start with its first two episodes. God I want this to last forever. But considering my most-hated episode is fast approaching…yeah.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9.3/10
I would say it's more of an 8/10 for me imo!

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
Who put this episode on the planet? EUGH! Only kidding, this one is pretty alright. The episode is pretty simple, with a majority of the episode being just extended dance scenes. I do somewhat enjoy them, but the story does feel pretty bare due to how much time is spent on them. This also means there's less time for jokes, although the ones that are there are alright I suppose. Like I said, it's a pretty simple episode so there's not much for me to talk about here. The things it does work fine enough, but due to its similarities to the other episode with dancing in the title it ended up being not all that memorable.

Okay episode (6/10)

1. I ♥ Dancing (6)

2. Tentacle-Vision (5)

Back