127a. Tentacle-Vision

end

Yet another premise with potential brought down by a half-baked execution. It's not the abuse that bothers me, but rather the annoying jokes and the sheer contrivance of the scenario. **/*****

Darius the King

Part Computer or Something
Damn this episode! Where do I begin?! First off, all Squidward is trying to do is broadcast his show. Why does SpongeBob need to come over. In a classic episode, SpongeBob would've simply left after Squidward explained everything. In THIS episode, he invites Patrick. Then everyone comes in just to go, "::dolphin noise:: Squidward! We have to try showing him that he can't succeed!" This is one of the WORST episodes of the whole series.
1b74b03b4f90f5e2089c5b3d74907379.jpg

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
There's people who like this episode? I find it extremely irritating and dull. I don't even hate it that much, doesn't stand out enough for that.

Illiniguy34

That Reviewing Guy
I think I found out how this episode could've been prevented: if Squidward taped his show instead of doing it live. That way, the risk of getting interrupted by idiots would be reduced.

Faux Troll

Moby Dollar
This episode is pretty good for the most part. All of the "Squidward torture" is comedic, most of it being at least amusing (but some of it being annoying). I just wish Squidward's ego had been played up a bit. I mean, it wouldn't be that hard to considering it's about him being on tv, and his ego wouldn't even be justified because of how easy it is to get on TV in this episode's timeline. It's there though, as he does proclaim himself to be an underappreciated artist, and there's "BASKING IN THE LIMELIIGHT!", but if he had gotten carried away with the ego, the gag where Squidward is kicked out of his own house would be much more satisfisying. As it is now though, it is just incredibly predictable and...so not satisfying. It's the only joke I dislike. My initail reaction to that was "*sigh*... Of course."

CakeCup

Facing the BSOD
I.....really like this episode. It had many funny jokes (Patrick with the camera made me laugh hard), it had an interesting plot, and I liked the appearance of Zeus the Guitar Lord. It has some flaws, though. First, the part where Squidward gets kicked out of his own house was just, stupid. Second, Spongebob and Patrick were somewhat annoying. Those 2 flaws keep it from being a great episode, but it is still a good episode, as well as one of my guilty pleasures of season 7. It IS still Squidward torture, but they at least made it one of the funnier episodes of season 7.
Score: 8/10

SquiddlyPie

random gal
Seriously? 5.4/10???? And you give ''Back to the Past'' a total of 8.2???? Are you kidding me? This episode is SO GOOD!!! Okay, I understand it contains Squidward Torture but HOW can you not like it??? It's so funny...I laugh every single time I watch it... :P , I give it a 10/10! :wub:

PinkPearl

insert title here
I didn't mind the squid abuse for the fact that it tortures Squidward, but I mind it for the fact that it's just such an overused, unfunny concept. Spongebob and Patrick were reduced to complete idiots (and there's Spongebob going around with that same, permanent-smile facial expression again). Barging into someone's house to get on TV isn't really something that Sandy, Pearl, and probably Mr. Krabs would do, although I liked Sandy's line about line dancing. Squid abuse can be great, but it was just not funny here.

Zeus the Guitar Lord was good, and I appreciated the jokes about how easy it was for anyone to get their own show. Otherwise, I didn't care for it. 2/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Not the worst annoy Squidward episode but it's super obnoxious and wastes a good premise.

4/10

Sky_Nova_20

Frozen Cephalopod
I liked it at first, but I realized that it wasn't really my episode. It's very forgettable, especially for a Squidward abuse episode. I would say 4/10 for some parts of the episode, but it is meh overall.

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
I might be in the minority who found the episode tolerable, maybe even just a smidge likable. While it does have Squid Abuse, for some reason it doesn't feel horrible. I mean it is, but meh. The premise is actually interesting, so I can give it that.

SpongeBronyPH

Giant Clam
Episode: Tentacle-Vision (S7-E127-A)

I DON'T LIKE THIS EPISODE THAT MUCH!!! The ending was good, but interrupting, destroying and trashing Squidward's studio in his house is stupid and mean-spirited, NOT ::dolphin noise::ING FUNNY!!! Poor Squidward. Why can't the writers of this show love torturing Squidward so much? But on the bright side, there are good parts.

The Good Scenes:

• Squidward has his own TV show called Squidward Chat, but unfortunately, SpongeBob and his friends trashed the entire set and studio in his house.
  • Patrick shows his mouth (in real life version) on the camera. The grandma, who is watching Squidward Chat, says "This is disgusting!"
  • SpongeBob, friends, and the guitarist, Zeus the Guitar Lord, starts rocking out so hard in Squidward's house, but Squidward's beauty sleep and his TV show are ruined by the idiots.
The Bad Scenes:

• The idiots, SpongeBob and Patrick, interrupt Squidward's show while on air.
  • Mr. Krabs interrupts Squidward Chat by advertising The Krusty Krab.
  • Pearl's cheerleading destroys Squidward's desk.
  • Plankton destroys the studio and set with the death ray.
  • Larry invited strangers at Squidward's house for a house party.
  • The executive from Bikini Bottom Public Access kicked out Squidward from his house.
  • Squidward's beauty sleep is interrupted by Zeus, SpongeBob and his friends in Squidward's house.
Best Characters: :squidx:
Worst Characters: :sbx: , :patx: , :krabsx: , :plankx: , :sandyx: ,Pearl and Zeus the Guitar Lord

Final Score = 3/10 :fail:

CheesePudding

Part Computer or Something
This episode was pretty Funny, but I feel kind of bad for Squidward tho. He just wants to have his own show, but everyone is like, "Hey! Squidward has a TV Show! I want to be on TV!" And ruins it. The Opening and Ending were good, but when SpongeBob and Patrick come in, and completely suck at using a Camera and Boom Microphone, I didn't enjoy that part, but when Mr. Krabs, Sandy, Pearl, and Plankton come in and create Total Chaos in Squidward's House, It was pretty funny. Overall, I would give it a 7.5/10.

Not a good way to kick off Season 7. The Squid abuse is unnecessary, it gets kind of annoying, and there aren't too many jokes. I liked the premise quite a bit, but they butchered the execution.

Ranking so far:
1. Tentacle-Vision (D)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
This episode is really good! Honestly I'd probably call this amazing but the scene at the Krusty Krab was mostly filler and the end is pretty stupid so it gets a great. However, this is one of my favorites of season 7.

Great Episode (8.5/10)

Back