125a. Pineapple Fever

This episode was alright. There were a couple funny jokes, and I like the whole vibe of the episode, but Squidward ripping off his eyebrow was PAINFUL to watch.

Ranking so far:
1. Chum Bucket Supreme (A+)
2. Patty Caper (A+)
3. Krabby Road (A)
4. Not Normal (A)
5. Sand Castles in the Sand (A)
6. Krusty Krushers (A)
7. Suction Cup Symphony (A)
8. Overbooked (A)
9. No Hat for Pat (B)
10. Single Cell Anniversary (B)
11. The Slumber Party (B)
12. Truth or Square (B)
13. A Life in a Day (B)
14. Gone (B)
15. Ditchin' (B)
16. Komputer Overload (B)
17. No Nose Knows (B)
18. Toy Store of Doom (B)
19. Slide Whistle Stooges (B)
20. Shell Shocked (C)
21. House Fancy (C)
22. Grandpappy the Pirate (C)
23. Giant Squidward (C)
24. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (C)
25. Spongicus (C)
26. Pineapple Fever (C)
27. Plankton's Regular (C)
28. Gullible Pants (C)
29. Nautical Novice (C)
30. Professor Squidward (C)
31. SpongeBob SquarePants vs. The Big One (C)
32. Porous Pockets (C)
33. Shuffleboarding (D)
34. Squid's Visit (D)
35. Penny Foolish (D)
36. Grooming Gary (D)
37. The Krabby Kronicle (D)
38. Sun Bleached (D)
39. Dear Vikings (E)
40. Cephalopod Lodge (E)
41. The Splinter (F)
42. Boating Buddies (F)
43. Pet or Pests (F)
44. The Card (F-)
45. Choir Boys (F-)

CheeseCrocker

Bomb-Selling Pirate
Honestly, this episode had me laughing my butt off every 10 seconds or so. There is just so many gags and it feels like an earlier episode because of that. Squidward ripping his forehead is the only con, but it's very minor because the rest of this episode is absolutely fantastic.

Amazing Episode (10/10)

SlipperytheTotodile

The Pokemon Enthusiast
Okay this episode was SOOOOOOOOO MEDIOCRE! A couple of the facial expressions were pure nightmare fuel and the eyebrow scene was HORRIBLE! But its eh.

Rating: Meh Episode

Rankings:
Grandpappy the Pirate (Perfect)
Chum Bucket Supreme (Perfect)
Suction Cup Symphony (Perfect)
Single Cell Anniversary (Amazing)
No Hat for Pat (Amazing)
Krabby Road (Amazing)
Boating Buddies (Great)
A Life in a Day (Great)
Grooming Gary (Great)
Nautical Novice (Great)
Overbooked (Great)
Truth or Square (Good)
To SquarePants or Not To SquarePants (Good)
No Nose Knows (Good)
Slide Whistle Stooges (Good)
Not Normal (Good)
Porous Pockets (Good)
Gone (Good)
Spongicus (Good)
Shell Shocked (Good)
Giant Squidward (Okay)
Professor Squidward (Alright)
SBSP Vs. The Big One (Alright)
Penny Foolish (Meh)
Pineapple Fever (Meh)
Sand Castles in the Sand (Meh)
Dear Vikings (Meh)
Squid's Visit (Mediocre)
Plankton's Regular (Mediocre)
Toy Store of Doom (Bad)
Komputer Overload (Bad)
Cephalopod Lodge (Bad)
Patty Caper (Bad)
Krusty Krushers (Bad)
The Slumber Party (Bad)
House Fancy (Bad)
Sun Bleached (Bad)
Gullible Pants (Bad)
Shuffleboarding (Inferior)
The Card (Inferior)
Pet or Pests (Facepalm)
Choir Boys (Terrible)
The Krabby Kronicle (Terrible)
The Splinter (THE ULTRA MEGA SCUM OF THE EARTH!)

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
Ah yes, I’ve been waiting for this one. “Pineapple Fever” is another one of those episodes with such a rich liminal environment that I adore. I also find this episode to be extremely underrated, which is always nice (sarcasm). So hopefully I can convert some people to the right side of history today (just kidding, we’re all entitled to our own opinions and all that jazz).

This episode gets us started with a gorgeous background, so as always that’s an instant win. What’s not an instant win, though, is that we get that SpongeBob design that I can’t stand, mixed with him just walking so…weirdly. Like why is this a thing. Why do we keep doing this. But whatever, I can move on from that, and move on I shall. I like the plot of this episode, with SpongeBob and Patrick hunkering down at SpongeBob’s place to weather out a storm. We also get Squidward involved in this episode too, because obviously we can’t exclude him, and his first scene involves him ripping out an eyebrow. Like the toenail scene from “House Fancy”, this doesn’t bother me. At all. So we move on.

Once Squidward goes over to SpongeBob’s place, the whole part where SpongeBob is listing things they can do definitely goes on for too long, but it’s not too egregious like some of the attempted gags I’ve been subjected to this season, so I can almost give it a pass here. Patrick’s investment in the hot cocoa was pretty funny though, and helped this part a lot. Honestly now I want some hot chocolate. I actually had some earlier today lol. Anyway, I love how Squidward is forced back to SpongeBob’s house immediately, like he can’t even leave even though he lives right next door. I also like how he ends up wearing the slippers too.

Honestly, I’m concerned about the infrastructure of SpongeBob’s house given all the water we see that had gotten inside. Once we get the joke about SpongeBob turning off the lights, a buried memory about a certain cartoon reviewer revealed itself. Sorry, I keep bringing them up lol, but it’s true, I just keep remembering their anger and it makes these episodes funnier in retrospect.

In general, this episode is very much a gag-heavy one, considering we spend all our time in SpongeBob’s house. And I think the gags are largely pretty good here. Like, I liked the bit with the rock-paper-scissors, it just had pretty good comedic timing with SpongeBob’s part of it. The jigsaw puzzle part was not that great, but it wasn’t unenjoyable, so that’s fine. Squidward completely losing it makes it better. And then once Squidward sets up the boundaries game, you already know this is about to backfire on him, which it does! The part where he eats snail food is pretty funny, not to mention leads to an appearance of my favorite little guy, so yay for me. And then when Squidward tries to sneak out and get some snacks, we see SpongeBob strictly enforcing the boundaries Squidward had made. It reminds me a lot of “The Paper”.

And then we devolve into chaos, which y’all know I love that. Everyone starts fighting over the food, which calls to mind “Ugh”. I do think that the change to this kind of insanity was a bit abrupt and could’ve been done better and more gradually, like in “To Save A Squirrel”. Maybe if we had cut the gag with SpongeBob listing stuff…but whatever, the way it is now isn’t too bad anyhow. And then the ending of the episode is great, and always the part that I remember. When I was a kid, I was so confused as to what Squidward said at the end. I thought it was some weird name for a tornado. But nope, it’s actually the weatherman’s name from earlier! Which makes sense. And I just really like this ending.

“Pineapple Fever” is simply a fun and enjoyable episode. It does have some iffy moments, like with the listing bit, but there aren’t very many, and when the episode is on, it’s on, so I’m happy with that. I also don’t think this episode is anywhere near boring, as it is constantly engaging for me. It has one main missed opportunity in terms of actually developing the devolution of the main characters of this episode, but other than that I like everything that I see here.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score:
9/10

meko1432

Happiest Sponge Alive
Ah yes, I’ve been waiting for this one. “Pineapple Fever” is another one of those episodes with such a rich liminal environment that I adore. I also find this episode to be extremely underrated, which is always nice (sarcasm). So hopefully I can convert some people to the right side of history today (just kidding, we’re all entitled to our own opinions and all that jazz).

This episode gets us started with a gorgeous background, so as always that’s an instant win. What’s not an instant win, though, is that we get that SpongeBob design that I can’t stand, mixed with him just walking so…weirdly. Like why is this a thing. Why do we keep doing this. But whatever, I can move on from that, and move on I shall. I like the plot of this episode, with SpongeBob and Patrick hunkering down at SpongeBob’s place to weather out a storm. We also get Squidward involved in this episode too, because obviously we can’t exclude him, and his first scene involves him ripping out an eyebrow. Like the toenail scene from “House Fancy”, this doesn’t bother me. At all. So we move on.

Once Squidward goes over to SpongeBob’s place, the whole part where SpongeBob is listing things they can do definitely goes on for too long, but it’s not too egregious like some of the attempted gags I’ve been subjected to this season, so I can almost give it a pass here. Patrick’s investment in the hot cocoa was pretty funny though, and helped this part a lot. Honestly now I want some hot chocolate. I actually had some earlier today lol. Anyway, I love how Squidward is forced back to SpongeBob’s house immediately, like he can’t even leave even though he lives right next door. I also like how he ends up wearing the slippers too.

Honestly, I’m concerned about the infrastructure of SpongeBob’s house given all the water we see that had gotten inside. Once we get the joke about SpongeBob turning off the lights, a buried memory about a certain cartoon reviewer revealed itself. Sorry, I keep bringing them up lol, but it’s true, I just keep remembering their anger and it makes these episodes funnier in retrospect.

In general, this episode is very much a gag-heavy one, considering we spend all our time in SpongeBob’s house. And I think the gags are largely pretty good here. Like, I liked the bit with the rock-paper-scissors, it just had pretty good comedic timing with SpongeBob’s part of it. The jigsaw puzzle part was not that great, but it wasn’t unenjoyable, so that’s fine. Squidward completely losing it makes it better. And then once Squidward sets up the boundaries game, you already know this is about to backfire on him, which it does! The part where he eats snail food is pretty funny, not to mention leads to an appearance of my favorite little guy, so yay for me. And then when Squidward tries to sneak out and get some snacks, we see SpongeBob strictly enforcing the boundaries Squidward had made. It reminds me a lot of “The Paper”.

And then we devolve into chaos, which y’all know I love that. Everyone starts fighting over the food, which calls to mind “Ugh”. I do think that the change to this kind of insanity was a bit abrupt and could’ve been done better and more gradually, like in “To Save A Squirrel”. Maybe if we had cut the gag with SpongeBob listing stuff…but whatever, the way it is now isn’t too bad anyhow. And then the ending of the episode is great, and always the part that I remember. When I was a kid, I was so confused as to what Squidward said at the end. I thought it was some weird name for a tornado. But nope, it’s actually the weatherman’s name from earlier! Which makes sense. And I just really like this ending.

“Pineapple Fever” is simply a fun and enjoyable episode. It does have some iffy moments, like with the listing bit, but there aren’t very many, and when the episode is on, it’s on, so I’m happy with that. I also don’t think this episode is anywhere near boring, as it is constantly engaging for me. It has one main missed opportunity in terms of actually developing the devolution of the main characters of this episode, but other than that I like everything that I see here.

Episode Tier: Amazing
Episode Score: 9/10
this episode has alot of funny bits, like the rock paper scissors joke and others, but i think what makes me dislike this episode is the animation and character designs, everyone just looks way too ugly and off in this episode

Pugs4Thugs

#1 SpongeBob Reviewer
this episode has alot of funny bits, like the rock paper scissors joke and others, but i think what makes me dislike this episode is the animation and character designs, everyone just looks way too ugly and off in this episode
I'll agree with you on that. I mean this episode uses the SpongeBob design that I hate, and then by the end of it, it's like everyone gets the treatment that Patrick did in "No Hat For Pat", it just looks unappealing. I can appreciate the stylistic effort though, I suppose.

JoeyBoi

Moby Dollar
This episode is an interesting case for me. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I dislike it, but most of the time I'm left with an indifferent feeling whenever I watch it. I do think there are good ideas here, however the execution more often than not is questionable. The attempts at comedy are hit or miss. Sometimes it works, but other times it comes off as really awkward (playin board games... and drinkin hot cocoa...) and just makes me scratch my head. In regards to the characters, they're pretty spotty as well; some good bits and some bad bits. The end of the episode is pretty strange as well, as Spongebob and Patrick didn't really show any signs of breaking beforehand, but it's a fine enough scene so I don't really mind it too much. Overall, I have some complex thoughts on this episode but I think I'm pretty adamant on it being kinda mediocre.

Average episode (5/10)

1. No Hat for Pat (9)
2. Not Normal (8)
3. Overbooked (7)
4. Ditchin' (7)
5. The Slumber Party (7)
6. Chum Bucket Supreme (7)
7. Single Cell Anniversary (7)
8. Sand Castles in the Sand (7)
9. Komputer Overload (7)
10. Krabby Road (7)
11. Grandpappy the Pirate (6)
12. Porous Pockets (6)
13. House Fancy (6)
14. Patty Caper (6)
15. A Life in a Day (6)
16. Sun Bleached (5)
17. Spongicus (5)
18. Spongebob Squarepants vs. The Big One (5)
19. Nautical Novice (5)
20. Krusty Krushers (5)
21. Toy Store of Doom (5)
22. Plankton's Regular (5)
23. Truth or Square (5)
24. Pineapple Fever (5)
25. No Nose Knows (5)
26. Suction Cup Symphony (5)
27. Grooming Gary (4)
28. Shuffeboarding (4)
29. Gullible Pants (4)
30. Cephalopod Lodge (4)
31. Dear Vikings (4)
32. The Krabby Kronicle (4)
33. Shell Shocked (4)
34. Penny Foolish (4)
35. Gone (4)
36. To SquarePants or Not to SquarePants (4)
37. Slide Whistle Stooges (3)
38. Giant Squidward (3)
39. Professor Squidward (3)
40. The Splinter (3)
41. The Card (3)
42. Boating Buddies (3)
43. Choir Boys (2)
44. Pet or Pests (2)
45. Squid's Visit (2)

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This has got to be one of my least favorite episodes with what could have been a interesting episode starts out with the eyebrow scene which I think is worse than anything in the splinter or house fancy, second the episode drags out with one scene.... "
playing board games, and playing tic-tac-toe, and drinking hot cocoa, and playing tic-tac-toe, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and
watching TV, and drinking hot cocoa, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and playing board games, and drinking hot tea, I THOUGHT IT WAS COCOA!,Oh, yeah. Hot cocoaaaaaaaaaaa we'll be drinkinggggg." It goes on for ALMOST 45 SECONDS it just gets more boring.... and more boring.... and..... and...... uhhhhhh....... AH! I almost fell asleep like I said this episode is one of my least favorites and a very boring one

SpongebobMaster

The Guy Who Reviews UHHHHH
This has got to be one of my least favorite episodes with what could have been a interesting episode starts out with the eyebrow scene which I think is worse than anything in the splinter or house fancy, second the episode drags out with one scene.... "
playing board games, and playing tic-tac-toe, and drinking hot cocoa, and playing tic-tac-toe, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and
watching TV, and drinking hot cocoa, and doing jigsaw puzzles, and playing board games, and drinking hot tea, I THOUGHT IT WAS COCOA!,Oh, yeah. Hot cocoaaaaaaaaaaa we'll be drinkinggggg." It goes on for ALMOST 45 SECONDS it just gets more boring.... and more boring.... and..... and...... uhhhhhh....... AH! I almost fell asleep like I said this episode is one of my least favorites and a very boring one
1. No Hat For Pat (11/10)
2. Suction Cup Symphony (10/10)
3. Grandpappy The Pirate (10/10)
4. Single Cell Anniversary (10/10)
5. Krabby Road (9.5/10)
6. Not Normal (9.5/10)
7. Ditchin' (9.5/10)
8. Sand Castles In The Sand (9.5/10)
9. Krabby Kronicle (9/10)
10. House Fancy (9/10)
11. Patty Caper (9/10)
12. Chum Bucket Supreme (9/10)
13. Life In A Day (8.5/10)
14. Overbooked (8.5/10)
15. Spongebob Squarepants Vs The Big One (8.5/10)
16. Komputer Overload (8.5/10)
17. The Slumber Party (8.5/10)
18. Krusty Krushers (8.5/10)
19. No Nose Knows (8.5/10)
20. Squid's Visit (8/10)
21. Spongicus (7.5/10)
22. To Squarepants Or Not To Squarepants (7.5/10
23. Giant Squidward (7.5/10)
24. Gone (7/10)
25. Grooming Gary (6.5/10)
26. Penny Foolish (6.5/10)
27. Porous Pockets (5.5/10)
28. Sun Bleached (5.5/10)
29. Shell Shocked (5/10)
30. Nautical Novice (4.5/10)
31. Toy Store Of Doom (4/10)
32. Gullible Pants (3/10)
33. Professor Squidward (2.5/10)
34. Pet Or Pests (2/10)
35. Pineapple Fever (2/10)
36. Plankton's Regular (1.5/10)
37. Slide Whistle Stooges (1.5/10)
38. Shuffleboarding (1/10)
39. Boating Buddies (1/10)
40. Dear Vikings (1/10)
41. Cephalopod Lodge (0.5/10)
42. Truth Or Square (0.5/10)
43. The Card (0.5/10)
44. The Splinter (0/10)
45. Choir boys (-9999/10)
"One of my least favorites" oh boy its not even bottom 10 for season 6....

zerocool

Moby Dollar
I liked the visuals in this one and appreciate the episode as a whole. 7/10.

Last edited:
Back