123-124. Truth or Square

The Amazing Wumbologist

Imitation Krab
I hate the Spongebob parts, but to be honest, i like the Patchy stuff. Well, that makes sence, im love all his stuff. But this was still very dissapointing, except for having the lare Robin Williams

Pieguyrulz

One Coarse Me
Ling-Ling said:
I have one thing to say to everyone about Patchy:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StylisticSuck
I mean, my god. It's amazing how much people don't get the joke.

Oh yeah and 11/10 in top 10 favorite episodes
Not to beat a dead horse here, but stylistic suck works way better in small doses, not for 20 minutes. Besides, I really don't see the style here. His segments in the sponge who could fly were very hammy, this just feels totally directionless.

tEMMIE

hOI!!!
Pieguyrulz said:
Not to beat a dead horse here, but stylistic suck works way better in small doses, not for 20 minutes. Besides, I really don't see the style here. His segments in the sponge who could fly were very hammy, this just feels totally directionless.
Okay, Stealth Parody probably should've been the trope I used, but it's obvious that you're not supposed to care about the Patchy segments and enjoy it as a take that to X number episode celebrations.

Mr. Harrison

Bomb-Selling Pirate
The ONLY good part was Squidward's voice actor as the security guard. That's the only part I enjoyed.

Seriously though, a way too long "Special" that is a total slap in the face when it comes to a 10 year anniversary celebration with nothing of substance happening and about 100% of it being used as a tool for false advertising by Nick.

The SpongeBob and Sandy marriage scene might be one of the most blatant examples of this, not to mention that that scene itself is just stupid and unnecessary.

Might not be the worst episode ever, but it's undoubtedly the worst special.

CJO5050

Floating Shopping List
I had the misfortune of seeing this episode when it first aired. Even back then, I didn't like it. Looking back on it now, it just pisses me off even more. Mostly because most of it consisted of the show lying to our faces.

MasiHosseini

Krabby Patty Burglar
Season: 6

Episode: Truth or Square

This episode was bad. The plot was decent. This episode had too much filler, but some of the flashbacks were nice. There were some funny jokes. 5/10

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
Everything about this episode is WRONG!

I bet you they animated this episode in North Korea instead of South Korea because this episode is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cONmzaT4x10

A very generous 0/10

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
Didn't the patchy the pirate parts get cut in all later airings?

Honest Slug

Ink Lemonade hurts me.
I caught it on TV recently, they cut everything before Patchy started his TV special.

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
I got a 2011 recording that has all the patchy scenes. Yes even the intro before the theme. Although the marriage deleted scene is still cut.

MrTortellini00

lame funny
The first time I saw it (2010), half of the Patchy segments were already cut. But I'm from a foreign country, so edits can happen.

Ivanvladr

Floating Shopping List
I got a 2011 recording that has all the patchy scenes. Yes even the intro before the theme. Although the marriage deleted scene is still cut.
Yes I live in the USA. It must be one of those rare reruns that accidently keeps it uncut.
In fact it's so long that it captured at the very end of the theme song

Back