123-124. Truth or Square

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
Capsule: http://www.sbmania.net/spongebob-episodes-123._124.-Truth-or-Square

I'm watching this at the moment. I'd forgotten how funny it was.
I find Patchy particularly funny in this special, even more so than the animated segments.

Discuss.
biggrin.gif

Piper

Moby Dollar
A marked improvement over the special preecedor, Atlantis Squarepantis. Yeah, Paul Tibitt is a talented writer. Him, Aaron Springer, Mr. Lawrence and a few older writers should make new SpongeBob episode. That would rock!

DadMom AngryPants

Hi, I'm normal.
There is one thing that bothers me ...
When Mr Krabs shows the holographic projection of the KK, the tunnels/ducts are underneath the building. But from the freezer they go up into the air duct. I'd be willing to accept that and move on, but then later in the episode Plankton sneaks in from floor level and falls downwards. Then the rest of them burst out of a dead end and fall into the same duct as Plankton, but in order to get from above the KK to below the KK, they would have had to fall through the KK ... which they didn't. Then again, if they were in underground tunnels they wouldn't be able to fall between them, because there would be soil/sand in the way. Unless all the tunnels were for some reason suspended in a huge excavated area underneath the KK.

CONFUSION.

Piper

Moby Dollar
There is one thing that bothers me ...
When Mr Krabs shows the holographic projection of the KK, the tunnels/ducts are underneath the building. But from the freezer they go up into the air duct. I'd be willing to accept that and move on, but then later in the episode Plankton sneaks in from floor level and falls downwards. Then the rest of them burst out of a dead end and fall into the same duct as Plankton, but in order to get from above the KK to below the KK, they would have had to fall through the KK ... which they didn't. Then again, if they were in underground tunnels they wouldn't be able to fall between them, because there would be soil/sand in the way. Unless all the tunnels were for some reason suspended in a huge excavated area underneath the KK.

CONFUSION.

I think the vents underground was there so Plankton could be convinced to steal the formula. I think the place they crawled into from the freezer was a different spot, because the projection of the Krusty Krab did not show the Survalence room underground. I believe yeah, the underground spot was something different.

DirtyDan

Giant Clam
Finally saw this episode! So now it's time for my opinions:

I liked it. They seemed to stay true to the original characters, which I enjoyed. The large list of guest stars was pretty cool. Definitely a nice way to celebrate Spongebob's 10 year anniversary. The animation and writing was kind of an awkward mix of the series, and the movie. But I didn't mind it that much.

7/10

Squiddykins

take back the falls
Um... Truth or Square is a Season 6 episode. :)

DMAP already made it: http://www.sbmania.net/forums/topic/28840-123-124-truth-or-square/

JCM

#cancelspongebob
I might as well give my two cents while I can. This wasn't that bad of a Season 6 episode. I actually kind of enjoyed it, in fact, but that marriage part made me cringe. 7/10

DirtyDan

Giant Clam

Squiddykins

take back the falls
Eh, why not post in this topic again?

This special was on today. I like the part with SpongeBob and Sandy's "marriage" and the whole scene where Patchy explains that SpongeBob was not the first choice to star on the show. And then he shows us different themes with Patrick, Mr. Krabs, and Squidward.

The other thing that amuses me is that when Mr. Krabs was about to tell SpongeBob the Krabby Patty formula in a flashback, he notices Plankton taking notes but his pen was out of ink so he was unable to get the formula written down.

Piper

Moby Dollar
A HUUDGE improvement over Atlantis Squarepantis, and surprisingly original. Not to mention it's better than almost every episode of S6.

JCM

#cancelspongebob
Just a heads up, guys. This airs again at 7 tonight. I know a lot of you didn't get to see it, so I thought you should know.

Back